“good hotel average value”

Hotel Santika Kuta Bali
Ranked #94 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 27 July 2012

pretty hotel in very good location, breakfast is also nice, staff are very good, but it not worth the money, i think this hotel is overvalued. i got the reservation from my company, so i dont know the actual rate. just shocked when i paid the bill.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gondel g
HotelSantikaKuta98, E - Commerce at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Santika Kuta and thank you for taking the time to post your experience during your stay with us.

We were very sorry to read that you had a complain regarding the price. We always give the best price with the best benefits. Hope this can be a correction for us.

We look forward to having you back with us and have a nice day.

The Management of Hotel Santika Kuta Bali

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of a recent 2 week stay in Bali. The staff were very efficient and friendly. Our room had a small balcony overlooking the pool which was nice, but no chairs, or space for chairs for that matter, so it didnt get a lot of use. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. There were coffee and tea facilities and a mini bar in the cabinet underneath the TV, which is common in many hotels we have stayed in - whomever said they were not there in a previous review can't have looked around too hard. The room and bathroom were nice and clean, aside from a little mould in the corners of the shower, but this seems to be common in Bali - we found the same thing in all 3 places we stayed during our trip. I don't think they use bleach or chemicals to clean with in Bali as a general rule.

The hotel is located a little further from the main drag than we first expected, but in saying that, it only took us 10 minutes to walk to Kuta beach, or cost RP5000 (50c) for a cab. There is a large supermarket and KFC directly across the street which was handy.

The buffet breakfast was awesome, with an egg/omelette station (made to order), cereals, pastries, toast, yoghurt and fruit, traditional Balinese savory breakfast, and a number of other asian meat, noodle and rice dishes, which all varied from day to day. Breakfast is served in the restaurant overlooking the pool, a nice relaxing start to the day.

You can pay a lot more for a room in many of the luxurious hotels in Bali, but you really do not spend enough time in your room to make it worthwhile. This hotel offered everything we could have needed. We were very comfortable here, and would happily return again on our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2012
HotelSantikaKuta98, General Manager at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Santika Kuta during your stay in Bali.

We were thrilled to learn that were able to anticipate and fulfill the needs of you during your stay with us. Also, thank you for your compliment on our facilities and service. We are always here to be the best service and it is our please to serve you for your memorable experience.

We look forward to welcome you in the future and have a nice day!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a nice stay at this hotel. Awesome breakfast (one of the best we've had) and great location (it's near a really fun water slide park). A of the highlights of The Santika is one of its drivers, Hasan. He just doesn't have a cool ride/new SUV but he is also an outstanding tour guide. Hasan will shuttle you wherever you'd like to go (sightseeing, next Bali town, etc.). Make sure to ask for him when you need to go to your next destination from Kuta.

2  Thank Bostonpinoy
HotelSantikaKuta98, E-Commerce at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

Thank you for choosing and staying at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali. It's a plesure for us for giving the best service to you. We're happy to read you're really enjoying to travel in Bali.

Last, we are waiting for your next visit, thank you and have a nice day.

Management of Hotel Santika Kuta

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Hotel Santika is along Jalan Raya Kuta, a short 10 minute walk to Kuta Beach, 5 minutes to Legian Road. location is very convenient and easy to find taxis here. The hotel itself has the basic amenities, though they don't have a business center (or a computer with printer at least). Wifi access is limited to one person per room. The room itself (Deluxe) is nice enough. Bath room is a bit small. Pool is great though water is too cold :) breakfast has a wide selection though not really the best tasting. Overall though, we are happy with this hotel and won't mind staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the pool, though can be a bit noisy if there are peo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelSantikaKuta98, General Manager at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Santika Kuta and thank you for your honest review about us and posting on Trip Advisor.

We always put attention to details, so that our service is delivered perfectly to all guests. We're glad you're really enjoying during your stay with us. Definitely, would do more improvement for better service.

We always welcome to see you again and we wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here our first night after arriving in Bali. After 30 some hours of travel, we were welcomed right away (even though it was after midnight) with a cool drink and friendly staff. Our room was in the building away from reception, but we really liked it. Was large, with a balcony overlooking one of the pools, and we liked that the sitting area was "dropped" from the bedroom/bathroom. Large bathroom too. We loved the beach area, and got a massage on the beach for only $15 for an hour. While some people may find the people who walk the beach trying to sell things bothersome, we just firmly said now and they were fine. We did finally decide to get massages late in the day, and the ladies who gave us massages were super nice (not at all pushy). Both of the hotel pools are great. I recommend the infinity pool by the beach for swimming and the pool with the swim up bar for hanging out or children. We found the breakfast really great - made to order omelettes and lots of other choices. You could also fill up your water bottles at their cooler. Staff was terrific, always saying hello and making sure you were ok. I like all the different areas they have around the hotel, and since it is on the beachfront, you can walk along and find someplace to eat. It was easy and safe. We never heard the road noise and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
HotelSantikaKuta98, E-Commerce at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta..

Thank you choosing and trusting us as your Bali's accomodation. We are really happy to read your enjoyable moment with us. Your compliments are really encouraging us to be more better to serve the guest.

We are waiting to welcome you in the future, have a nice day and thank you.

Management of Hotel Santika Kuta

Reviewed 11 July 2012

The hotel is located away from the main busy stretches of the Kuta Road/ beach which will work well if you want a quite place to rest. However, access to the hotel can be quite inconvenient due to the heavy traffic and limited choices of good restaurants around.

Stayed for 2 nights in the Executive suite. Decent sized rooms but there were noticable flaws such as a crack in the bath tub, insufficient lightings as well as a very odd closet.

Positive mentions:
Breakfast spread was decent for a 3-star rated hotel. SPA treatments are affordable but the hotel do not have a spa room which means treatment has to be done in your room which will require cleaning thereafter.

Would likely check out the other hotels along Tuban Road or Jalan Legian if I have to return to Kuta.

Room Tip: "Choose the rooms at the higher floors as you may wake up overlooking patrons having their brea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelSantikaKuta98, General Manager at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

Thank you for sharing your moment with us through Trip Advisor.

Deeply apologizing for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We are always considering guest's critiques for a better improvement. We take a note your detailed critiques as well.

Once again, thank you and have a nice day.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here for over a week during the end of April. I arrived at the hotel around midnight and had notified the hotel of my late check in during booking. However, there was no one at the reception desk when I arrived. I just stood there waiting for quite some time holding my luggage, while several staff members walked by and looked at me. After about 5-10 min. one of them finally called someone from the reception desk. Luckily the check in itself was handled quite swiftly and I was guided up to my room. The room was average sized and not entirely clean, as I found a few long black hairs on the floor. The bathroom was quite simple with a non-adjustable wall attached shower head and a toilet with a bidet. There was no blow-dryer. The tea and coffee making facilities which were supposed to be there (as mentioned in their folder and on the website) were also not available in the room. And since most hotels I’ve stayed at offer a stocked minibar and a free bathrobe, it was quite surprising to me that this wasn’t the case here. However, I’m not sure if this is just standard policy in Bali. Breakfast and wifi are offered complimentary though. The breakfast buffet entailed a few delicious local dishes, as well as some continental breakfast items (pancakes, jelly, toast etc.) and nice desserts (fresh watermelon, doughnuts, mini muffins). The service during breakfast was excellent (quick and friendly). Be careful when you take food back to your room. I brought a doughnut back with me covered by a napkin and within 10 min. it was covered in small red ants. The location is good, with a small supermarket and a big KFC being located just across the street. The staff doesn’t speak English very well, which became quite clear when I received an outside overseas phone call and it took two tries before he finally figured out that the call was for me (he apparently just hung up the first time in the middle of the conversation). The telephone connection wasn’t very good and the connection was lost numerous times during one conversation. Checking out was just as interesting as checking in; it took the staff about 10 min to get my suitcase from my room and the guy at the reception desk just forgot that I asked him to call me a taxi. After a while another staff member came up to me and asked when I was leaving, to which I answered that I’m just waiting for the taxi which the guy from the front desk was supposed to call. So I thought that this at least had to serve as somewhat of a reminder, but no. After about 20 min. of waiting I saw a few other guests arrive and I asked if I could get in that taxi. Unfortunately this turned out to be an airport taxi without a meter, so I paid way too much in the end. All in all, this hotel didn't turn out to be as nice as in the photos on their website and on TA and I can’t say that I would recommend this hotel to a friend, since I would currently rate the overall service as poor.

Room Tip: Be careful taking out money from the ATM across the street from the hotel (near KFC)! When I returne...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MLR84
HotelSantikaKuta98, E - Commerce at Hotel Santika Kuta Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Santika Kuta Bali..

First of all, thank you for choosing this hotel as you Bali's accommodation.

We are deeply apologizing for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.
We definitely take a note and improve the service for better quality.

Thank you for your critiques, see you again and have a nice day.

The Management of Hotel Santika Kuta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#55 of 252 in Kuta
Berry Glee Hotel
Berry Glee Hotel
#17 of 252 in Kuta

Been to Hotel Santika Kuta Bali? Share your experiences!