“Best Driver”
Review of Magilla Bali Tours

Magilla Bali Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer a best bali Driver with experience guide, fluent english skill well know of tourist attraction, hidden spot, beautiful scenerary of bali. Come book us and get Best DEAL. SATISFATION GUARANTE
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have now known Made for 15yrs and as I come to Bali a couple of times a year we have become like brother and Sister and I still think he is one of the most knowledgeably drivers around, we always find the best restaurants, nightspots and tourist attractions.
My partner and I got Made to take around the coast last year and we had an amazing trip from Jimbaren, Candi Dasa, Lovina and back round to Sanur all up we had a fantastic trip and with Made expertise always had a interesting tour.
Made has also been to Perth, Australia and travelled from Hillary's down to Margaret River and will delight in telling you his favourite places!!
In closing lovely big friendly guy who speaks great English and love to have a laugh and a joke. Hey Prawn head lol.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

WE had a wonderful time and Made was very helpful in directing us to be at the show attractions on time and to show us where they we being held .

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I booked the watersport adventure and half day tour of Ubud village and the Monkey forest at the end of April. Both were excellent and I really enjoyed myself! I decided to go with Magilla Bali Tours, because their prices were competitive and all my questions were answers within less than a day. I really liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about any hidden fees, because everything was clearly stated and agreed on beforehand. The great service was also noticeable on the tour day itself; my guide was nice and early to pick me up, but didn't mind waiting for a couple of minutes so I could finish breakfast. We stopped at the beach first for the watersport adventure, which incl. jet skiing and parasailing. Nusa dua is mostly visited by locals and was very busy, so I kind of felt that I got an authentic taste of the local culture. If you book the watersport adventure, don't forget to bring a towel with you; they don't provide any on site! Unfortunately I wasn't able to go parasailing, because the wind wasn't in the right direction. I was offered another activity in exchange, but this led to some brief confusion about the price since I had booked a package. Luckily my guide very calmly sorted it all out with the local tour representative, so I didn't have to worry about anything.
After that we visited the Ubud art village which was very interesting and stopped by a factory/ shop where batik clothes/ art were made and sold. Tourists are allowed to witness the whole process and I really appreciated the fact that I wasn't put under any pressure to buy anything.
We also visited Ubud centre, which included a small art store, a wood carving factory/ store and a jewellery store, which sold authentic Bali gold and silver. Along the way, my guide was able to answers all my questions about the local culture and tell me a lot about all the places we were passing and visiting. Afterwards he brought me to an excellent restaurant which served delicious Indonesian food and which had a lovely porch looking onto some beautiful rice paddies.
Near the end of the day we stopped by the Monkey forest. It was amazing to see that the monkeys there really do live in the wild and it was exciting to be able to just walk amongst them in this beautiful forest. The only thing that I didn't like was that the monkeys here seemed to be very aggressive, not only towards humans but also towards each other, which was a bit surprising since the monkeys in MacRitchie forest in Singapore were quite calm. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the tour of the forest which looked very natural and seemed almost untouched. All in all, I would happily recommend this tour agency to a friend, since it was very easy to communicate with my guide, because he had a very good command of the English language and he was really helpful and friendly.

3  Thank MLR84
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Awesome and friendly service.. made our family trip of 25 people a smooth and memorable one with his well planned tour.. highly recommended..!

1  Thank YusriNora
Reviewed 10 December 2010

November trip to Bali was great - Ubud was fantastic, I stayed at the Ananda Cottages. Very clean, quiet, reasonable priced, great location. About a 10 min walk into Ubud central (Monkey Forrest Rd) but some great restaurants and Warungs (local eateries) just out the front door. The staff are very helpful, friendly and multi lingual (french, english and indonesian).

Make sure you shop around for any tours (volcano, coffee etc)- there are a lot offering standard trips to the tourist spots - these guys can drive you to anything, but cannot tell you anything about where you are - as in history or significance. Unlike Made from Magilla Bali Tours - there wasn't much he didn't know.

Through Made we found some authentic off the track experiences that we would not have otherwise! His wonderful calm presence kept us free of hawkers and as two women on our own more on a cultural holiday than a party one, he was GREAT when it came to going out to eat at night. would go back and will go back to Ubud next year...

After Ubud we went to Sth Seminyak - to me it represents everything wrong with over done out of control tourism - crowded, boring, repetitive, zero authenticity etc.. Seminyak and Kuta seemed to have bled into one. If you like to party and get into knock off jewelry, clothes, bags, sunglasses then Sth Seminyak/Kuta is your place.

What saved us was Made from Magilla. Again we were taken to all sorts of off the track places - incredible beaches, fabulous lunch places, temples, hidden artifacts, better shops - with lots of background and colorful information on them all. He even took us to his village. He found us safe banks, reliable DVD store etc... those of you who have travelled will think he was getting a kick back from where ever we went - he wasn't. He even bargained things down for us..

You can book Magilla for hrs, day, days, weeks.. our driver Made was ALWAYS early, unfailingly polite, great english and as keen to learn from us as we were from him :) Couldn't recommend Magilla enough, it saved the last 5 days of our holiday... without hi my recent memory of Bali would not be as good as it is!

4  Thank hsmilie