“Awesome home cooking”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a lovely little home restaurant (not sure how else to describe it). I was dining at Pearl restaurant on Monday, and knowing Jadi's was nearby in the same lane, I went over to have a look, and made a booking for me and a friend the next time, as well as pre-ordering our meals.

The next evening we showed up, sat down for a few beers as it takes a while to cook, and then finally the food arrived. The black pepper prawns were great, but the Borneo fish was amazing! I can't remember the last time I've had fish this good, I only wish I had ordered at least 3 plates of the tender white fish. The chicken curry was also amazing. I think we ordered the Chicken Lime, but got the chicken curry instead, but I'm glad we did...it was the best chicken curry I've had in many years.

I definitely look forward to revisiting the place next time I'm in Bali...and to remember to order double or triple servings of the Borneo fish!

1  Thank JoyousDeb

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My mum and I ate here while staying at the Pearl Hotel right next door. It was recommended to us by some other patrons so we decided to give it a go. Sri- the owner- cooks to order and apparently refuses to make anything in advance so it's always fresh. This does mean a bit of a wait for the food but it is worth it. It's a great atmosphere, literally in Sri's backyard. Her kitchen is outside and we were invited into the kitchen after smelling the amazing aromas. Everything is clean and ordered and sri is lovely to talk to; its obvious that she loves what she does and puts a lot of effort and pride into it. It is only Sri cooking and what is on the menu depends on what she got from the market that morning. We went in the day before and asked her to cook us beef rendang- she needed the notice to have enough time to tenderise the beef. The rendang was delicious. Big portions so we could have easily shared and we were disappointed we didn't so we could order something else. The curry still had cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and other spices through out it. Very authentic and as I said, cooked when you order. I'll definitely be back to try some of Sri's other great dishes.

1  Thank AnnaMichelleH
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Firstly. Im sorry I have forgotten her name. Its her home, meals in the backyard. Casual cosy. Get there at 6.30 on the dot & order quick. As she does all the cooking on her own (outdoor kitchen you can watch & taste) its on a dish per dish basis. Fresh. No plastic containers of pre-cooked food. So if you come in at 7.30 be prepared to wait a while until she has finished with the other dishes. Bring a bottle of wine and relax. The STANDOUT DISH is the beef curry which she recommended over the rendang and chicken lime. OMG we went 3 times and thats breaking my 'eat once' rule.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Reviewed previously, but after another visit last week....Tom Yung Goong (best I've ever tasted),Chicken with lime, Salt and Pepper Prawns and a couple of Bintangs, just had to give Sri and her beautiful unique Cafe, with her food prepared with lots of TLC another " plug"........put this establishment on YOUR list people.......

2  Thank Nev B
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had a wonderful diner at Sri. The quality is definitely worth the waiting. Honest and fresh food prepared with love!

1  Thank Charizz