“Great introductory lesson”
Review of Bali Learn To Surf

Bali Learn To Surf
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Learn To Surf is Bali's first surf school established in 1999, it is Australian owned and opperated and located at Hard Rock Hotel kuta beach. We run daily surf lessons and surf trips and have a surf camp in Lombok. We have a kids club for kids aged 4-12 years old. A 2 1/2 hour lesson starts at $30 and we have 3 day and 6 day surf certificates. Imagine telling your friends at home "I learnt to surf in Bali"
Bangkok, Thailand
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great introductory lesson”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The 2.5 hour lesson was perfect for me. I had only attempted to surf one other time in my life so having a professional instruct me was great. We practiced the different surfing positions on the beach for about 15 minutes and then we were in the water ready to ride the waves. The boards they provide are great because they are padded and offer a less slippery deck than you standard surf board. The instructor was great and always offered helpful instructions after each wave I rode. Overall, I would rate this as excellent. They were prompt in the response to emails and the people working there are great people.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank APinBKK

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“They will get you to your feet”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My son had 6 lessons and ten we went on and surfed reef breaks for several days . The Balinese guys are professional and friendly. Everyone I saw attend got to their feet. My son has a new surf hero in the instructor called Zee

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Martinsmoothy
Chicago, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Hightlight of my trip to Bali!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Three of us signed up the day before for surf lessons and we chose the surf school at the Hard Rock randomly, but were so happy with our decision. None of us had ever surfed before, and within an hour all of us had stood up. We had two awesome instructors, and Jake led our class. We started on the sand practicing the basic moves and paddling before moving into the water to catch waves on our stomachs. After that we learned how to stand up and our instructors were there every step of the day helping us in the water. I felt safe the entire time with two sets of eyes making sure we were ok throughout our lesson. If you sign up for a lesson be sure to ask for Jake--he was patient and a month later we are still talking about him!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Jessica D
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Surfing is not a child's play ...!!!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

In a day you cannot learn to surf ,,,it takes a lot of time.. but just for fun it nice to get the feel of surfing because you actually get to feel the pressure of the wave ....

Visited October 2012
3 Thank MDabral
aussie
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Quick silver surf school”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Quicksilver surf school in legian on the beach just doen from the jayakarta.
Best school to learn to surf. My 10 year old son completed lessons at this school in a group for 4 days for 2.5 hours each day. He was the only child in the group he enjoyed the whole three days, he picked up on it really quickly, the money we paid was well worth every penny spent. he also got a tshirt and a certififcate.
The staff at the sufr school are fantastic, know what they are teaching, very confident, friendly. By the 2nd day isaiah was statrting to stand on the board, the staff worled with him one on one at some time.
I would highly recommended this surf school to any one who wants to put there children in surfing lessons in bali.
I wouldn't send my child any where else,
Recently when we were in bali he went surfingwith two of the guys from the suft school andthoroughly enjoyed it he's looking forward to it again next year.

Visited August 2012