“Faulty towers.... But not so funny.”
Review of Berry Hotel

Berry Hotel
Ranked #155 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Faulty towers.... But not so funny.”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Berry hotel is tucked away and not well known to the taxi drivers in the area. When we stayed there recently there were about a hundred school kids running through the hotel and playing in their rooms unsupervised. The teachers woke them up by banging on their doors repeatedly at 5.30am. Then the kids began again. The school band rehearsed in the foyer.... And the teacher rallied them with a megaphone. Rooms are modest and have no refrigerator, ironing board and to begin with a single towel in the room. Views are best described as industrial. My tip is to avoid this hotel if you want to relax.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gordon D
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you very much for your attention to Berry Hotel.
We have received the same attention with another guest for this, I believe that you also have stayed at the same period when the group that is consist of many children at that period that is also shocking the Hotel's Management about their activity. Hotel's team had been warning to the group many times to turn off the noisy. We do very very apologize for guest who stay at that period. I believe that we could guarantee for your next stay at Berry Hotel, it won't happened again. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 1 July 2012

After stayed at Berry hotel with my fiancé last February 2012, I decided to stay again at Berry in my next visit to Bali from 26-30 June 2012. This time I went with my friend and tried the twin bed room. The beds are very good and comfy. Last time we tried to stay on the 6th floor. This time I got room on the 2nd floor.

During my stay, I didn't feel so comfortable mostly because the noise between rooms are horrible. I can hear it especially on the saturday morning where it seems many people checking out.
I can hear people shouting, luggage bumps into another, doors slammed. And every morning, I can hear children shouting from the pool..although we closed our windows.

For the staff management, I put "privacy" sign on the door, the purpose is of course so we won't be disturbed, but instead, I got knocked from the staff in the morning, he thought that we are checking out, so he can clean up the room. It was around 9.30 ish. Another experience was when the staff knocked the door to gave our laundry back in the evening. First he said "sorry but there's another piece of clothes left that probably will be delivered in the morning", but instead, 5 minutes later they knocked the door again and gave the other piece... So I wonder what the PRIVACY sign's use that hangs on the door? I think if they see it, they should have just keep the laundry somewhere .. If we really need, we will definitely call the operator and ask our laundry instead of knocking our door over and over again while the Privacy sign hangs on the door.

I still have faith for Berry hotel considering its strategic location..but I start to worry to recommend this hotel for our friends from Jakarta, Singapore, and Sweden, as we are planning to invite them to our wedding next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you very much for your kind attention to Berry Hotel. We do apologize regarding your inconvenience during your stay at Berry Hotel. I believe that the situation won't happened continuously, because we have a group that consist of many children during your stay, and it is also happened once at our hotel. Our management also surprised with the condition from our group guest. For unprofessional of our team about Do Not Disturb sign board, we have gave them a very hard refresh training, we feel very bad if our guest feel inconvenience, we never expect that our guest unhappy stay. We do apologize.
Thank you very much.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a new hotel so be prepared that your driver could not find it easily. You may want to print out the address and telephone number just in case your driver need to call the hotel for guide. It is a bit far from the Kuta Beach (Taxi about 20,000~30,000 Rp), but it's much quieter than the noisy Kuta beach area. There are McDonald, Starbucks and mini mart within walking distance (2~3 minutes).

I like the food there, especially the duck rice, delicious and reasonable priced. The staff are friendly, helpful and resourceful. You can get a lot of useful information from them, such as SPA, car rental, Taxi charge to a certain place etc.

I forgot to take my iPod Nano and X10 earphone in the hotel deposit box (which is not very conveniently located so part of it is not easy accessible) and contacted them when I was back in Singapore, they helped me to find it.

Some room's sound isolation is not very good (room which linked to another room by a door), so the first night I was waken up by people noise from next room at 4 A.M. When I raised complain to the reception, she upgraded my room to suite.

Room Tip: Corner suites is quieter, but that still depends on who you get as neighbour.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tessar-Feng
, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear Mr. Feng,
Thank you very much for your attention to Berry Hotel and thank you for the comment. We never expect to our guest get disappointed, we always try to serve the best and to be friendly to our guest. We are berry happy to serve you when you are here. We look forward to welcoming you again for next trip to Bali. Thank you very much.

E-commerce
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for 3nights on 14-17 may, booked a room exactly infront of the swimming pool (room 109).
When we 1st arrived, we noticed that there were stains on the bed cover, we asked for change, it was no problem at all, after we came back it was a new and clean.
The one that need to improve is the service in the breakfast place.. It was slow and just frustrating. Too much to complain and im not gonna write It all.
But overall it was a nice stay, i love the spacious room, nice bathroom and good view.. Also not to forget, its near to brasco and krisna. Lovin it.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Maventy
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for your attention to Berry Hotel.
We do much apologize for the inconvenience that happened to you. We will increase to a better service. We are never want our customer get upset, we will do our best for your next stay at Berry Hotel.
Be Berry Be Happy.
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

I had book this hotel even before I arrived in Bali coz of the reviews from the website..We arrived on the 9th of May at night..To my suprised,it's actually far from the airport..We check in for 2 rooms for 5 nights with pool access for the 4 of us..Suprisingly also I need to make payment upon check in coz according to the staff no payment was recieved whereas before I reached bali..I had checked my acct n an amount has been deducted..I ve yet to check on that with the bank...here is my thoughts :

Minus: The staff only give us a connector room when we asked for..before that she give us a room quite far from e other..We got the connector room but to our surprise the other room was furnish with 2 single beds instead of the king size bed..again we went to the counter to ask if we could change the bed..sadly the staff said sorry they could not do so..The staff should ve told us earlier when we asked for the connecting room.We just make do with it to avoid the hassle n we are already tired..When we check the room no hair dryer and fridge in the room.No toothbrush also.Lucky us we bring our own toothbrushes.

There are also Mosquitos in the room.. When we sat down by the pool,ants are crawling in army..All of were bitten by the Mosquitos and ants.

No soundproof between levels and rooms,can hear the tv volume,can hear dragging of chairs clearly,definitely that is not pleasant.

My hand was cut when I tried to open the door at the back to the pool access..safety is important to the guest..the keyhole area is dented and because of that there is sharp point which I dun realised when I hold the knob.
Breakfast wise,the food provided was limited and the menu seems to be the same everyday.Hope the management can add more varieties to the menu.And to add to that ants was seen crawling on the food.. However not all are minus for this hotel,pls see the plus :

Staff are friendly and always smiling..They are at all times willing to help.They book a taxi if we need to..They help us to order food from the McDonald's there for delivery.

The maid service are great because they clean the room everyday,provide us with clean towels replenish the stocks.

The tv channels provided are great too..

I really hope the management of this hotel will look into the minus parts n I am certainly going to book this hotel again when we come to Bali again if all the minus has been rectified.Overall I am okay with my whole stay even though the minus points has make me a bit frustrated.

Tips: To call for Blue bird taxi because the drivers knows the road well and reliable.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank HoneyIsz
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you very much for your kind attention to Berry Hotel.
We are never expected that our guest disappointed when they are stay, because we will try our best to give the best service with smile. We do apologize for some inconvenience cause. We will fix the problem that might be happened to you that happened to your room stay, please advise us what is the room number you stay, so we can check and fix it all the problem.
Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience.
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was going to Berry Hotel for a short business trip at Bali and it was quite an enjoyable experience staying at there.

Here are my plus and minus for Berry Hotel:
[PLUS]
1. Staff
The staffs are nice and helpful but just a little slow on response and not as fast as other hotel I have visited. I personally think they can improve more on this.

2. Wifi connection
The connection is fast and the nice one it is FREE. As I am going there for business, this part plays an important role in my choice for hotel.

3. Location
The location of the hotel is quite secluded so it ensure you a calm rest after going through a busy and crowded day at Bali.

4.Price
Compare to other hotels at the same class, the rate of Berry Hotel is definitely valuable.

4.Room Design and Hotel Architecture
The hotel wasn't lying when they say Berry Hotel is the stylish and trendy hotel. I like the architecture for the hotel and the room design although I think it need to add more ornaments to make it look more stylish and trendy. Love the purple color though.

[MINUS]
1.Breakfast
To be honest, the food at Berry were just ok. I didn't find anything special menu that made me want to crave more at there but last time I heard they have launched new menu so maybe on my next visit I will try it again :)

2.Pool
The pool is small and as I love swimming, I prefer a bigger pool but overall it is better than no pool at all :)

Room Tip: 1.Try reserving rooms from the http://www.theberryhotels.com/ as they usually offer interesting pack...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AgusIskandar
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you very much for your kind attention to Berry Hotel.
Glad to hearing that your business trip getting stable and you are in enjoying that Berry's facilities offer. We look forward to welcoming you back at berry hotel and you could order some Berrycious Pizza. Be Berry Be Happy.
Surabaya
Reviewed 30 April 2012

very pleasant stay at the Berry Hotel. The location is strategic because of the lifestyle center of Legian, Kuta Bali, but still can enjoy the tranquility. Not easy to get peace at once at the center of the crowd, especially Bali is now increasingly busy, it makes a pleasant stay at the Berry Hotel.

The design is stylish and trendy, the staff is also providing excellent service. We can enjoy the fun atmosphere of the music that played in Berry, making business travel more stable. Meeting Room which also provided much less fit for business along with co-workers.

About the price, certainly fit with all that is provided by the Berry Hotel. Moreover, can enjoy special food in Strawberry Resto Berry hotel, Berry Duck is delicious. At an affordable price, dining at the hotel so enjoyable. I'll be back to enjoy his Berrycious Pizza ..

Anyway, do not forget to click http://theberryhotels.com to get attractive offers from the Berry Hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Pool Berry Room to get view and direct access to the Pool :)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BERRY H, E-Commerce at Berry Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you for your kind attention to Berry Hotel.
We are happy to hearing that you enjoyable to stay at Berry Hotel, and enjoy the music, also you love our a la cart menu, especially our recommended menu.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Berry Hotel.