“worth the money”
Review of Bagus Hayden Hotel

Bagus Hayden Hotel
Ranked #231 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The place is near to the center. With the money that i paid, it is really worth it. They also provide simple breakfast, although the portion is really very small and not consistent. We saw they serve a bigger portion to other customer. We don't really mind about this, just feeling strange.

The cons is the pillow is not that clean and smell bad.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Bagus Hayden Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2012

My partner and I stayed only for one night as we arrived in Bali late in the night and didnt want to have to look for one in the middle of the night. The room was clean, a few stains on the sheets and a very humid bathroom with a bit of mould, but after all the reviews I have read on various Balinese hotels I thought this sort of issue was just standard there.

I was worth the price paid. The pool is very small. Breakfast is included, it is a very nice fried rice, with tea, mineral water, white toast with butter and strawberry jam. However I've found better hotels for the same price.

One thing that was very annoying is that my partner and I couldn't sleep even though we had just spent a lot of time in the plane. Tables were placed in front of every room, but some rude people just thought it was okay for them to sit right in front of our room and have a very loud conversation as if the whole hotel was theirs. We couldn't go to sleep before 2 a.m. because of that.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My family stayed one night at this hotel and upgraded to the best room they offered because the Superior Rooms were so bad. In the upgrated rooms with a kitchen the AC barely worked and the floor drains including the toilet would not work. There was no one that could repair the AC nor fix the drain problems in the bath rooms. The bathroom floor flooded into the bedroom after taking a swower and we spent the night sweating trying to get some sleep. At the included breakfast we had a choice of one egg and toast or fried rice. The one old toaster did not work and the little food that was offered tasted terrible. The hotel pool was very small and dirty and the hotel had no type of room service. The only thing I can say positive about this hotel was that the staff were friendly. I would highly advise not to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the AC works and drains work in the bathroom before checking in
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Well, I booked Bagus Hayden Hotel from Agoda.com, then confirmed it through this hotel. We landed at Ngurai Rai International Airport about 10.30 pm and took a cab to go here. Only 10 minutes. And then we check-in and saw the room. It was very clean enough. The bathroom also cleaned.Its just the same like we saw in the pictures of other reviews. We stayed 2D/1N only, so we couldn't review much about this hotel. But the staff hotel was friendly and helpful.
We also like the dining room for breakfast, its so unique and cozy, full of bamboo touch everywhere. and we had a FULL breakfast before explore Bali.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IvoneTriesYuarta
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stay 3D/2N at this Hotel & overall experience was great for this kind of price we paid for (the rate was consider cheap)@ Kuta area. The place of the hotel was located at the busy street where you can found lots of shop & restaurant. Walking to the kuta beach took you est. 20-25 min, you won't get bored along the street leading to the beach as there were alots of shop to drop by.

Highly recommend for traveller/backpackers who wish to save cost on accomodation at Kuta area & this could be a warm & comfort place to stay with. Cost us US32 per room after tax as at April 2012. (book thru agoda.com). Overall the room condition was very clean

Minus point - Swimming pools was rather dirty seems nobody clean the pool & the room toilet shower tap is not function properly (maybe happen to our room)

Transport Tips:
Airport to Hotel - My advise was to buy the taxi ticket from the counter as the local taxi operator from airport don't use meter which resulted most of the tourist got over charge by the taxi driver. Standard rate from airport to kuta area - 150,000 rupiahs or US10.
Bargain with the taxi driver if you can get below US10 as the route to Kuta area only take you 15-20 min drive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyeheng
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently staying in this hotel for 8 days. I wasn't familiar with Kuta town so I accidentally stumbled on it. I checked the cost per night on Agoda and went into the hotel reception to see how much they wanted for the walk in rate.
They wanted considerably more, so I told them it would be cheaper for me to book it online there and then with Agoda. At that point the receptionist offered me the same deal as the Agoda rate which I agreed to.
The hotel is located about 7 minutes walk from Kuta square and about 12 minutes walk from the beach. The hotel itself is set back from the busy road outside so it's away from the noise of Bali's 24/7 traffic. There's also a carpark in the courtyard of the hotel, useful for those with a car or motorcycle because you can park off road.
The room itself was spacious and had a big bathroom. What let it down was the level of cleanliness. The rooms were cleaned everyday no matter what time you slept to, but they weren't cleaned properly. No detergent or bleach was ever used, the floors were just given a lick over with a mop and plain water. Consequently the filth had built up around the crevices and corners of both the room and the bathroom, which I have illustrated by posting photos showing this.
Another gripe was that there was only one single plug socket in the room. Those of us with an iPhone like me, will know that they constantly need charging up. So I couldn't watch tv and charge my phone up simultaneously. It was either one or the other, so given my heavy use of 3G I barely ever got the chance to watch tv.
The swimming pool in the courtyard was tiny, not much bigger than a bath. I never saw anyone use it.
The Internet didn't work in the rooms but you could sometimes get a signal on the balcony and the signal was strongest in the courtyard, downstairs outside reception.
The staff were pleasant enough. Only problem with them was their ineptness and inability to use a PDQ terminal when paying by credit card. The wires were loose and the connection to the credit card terminal was poor. But the staff didn't know this and when payment failed to process they thought it was down to the card being declined. Only one of the three staff who worked on reception could use the CC machine. The other two , however many attempts they made could never process a payment. Common sense would suggest that the staff need retraining(if they were ever trained) to perform basic actions like this.
I was given a breakfast voucher on the first day and told breakfast was included. After that I was never given another breakfast voucher and I never asked for one. The one time I did eat breakfast I decided that it wasn't worth going to. I ate two fried eggs and was offered 2 anaemic looking sausages which I declined. I drank tea ready made and poured from a metal pot which lacked any taste.
When it came to the time to check out the receptionist came across as being a bit annoyed with me because I was going. I was leaving Bali not changing to a different hotel. I was told to wait while they checked the room and there were no goodbyes. It was as if once I was no longer a paying customer I no longer existed.
Tourist to Bali should be aware that Bali is an intense tourist destination. Standards are low and prices are high. Service is indifferent and unctuous as to be expected in a destination of mass tourism. I didn't go there for pleasure I went to Bali for business so when I was there I stayed at the same hotel even though it wasn't that good. And to be honest, in a place like Kuta if I'd changed hotels, I really couldn't see it being any better than the one I was in.
So final verdict was that although in another destination the hotel would have been below par for the money I paid, by Bali standards it was possibly even a little above average. My advice for anyone who doesn't have to go to Bali would be to avoid going there, it's an awful place.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank Informatio
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel has not much to offer but right for the budget-conscious individuals! =) It's centrally located to all activities. Close to the beach, art market, spa, restaurants, bars, 24-hour convenience stores, etc.

It seems that the room was clean because they've swept and mopped the floor everyday. But for the 3 nights that we stayed in this hotel, the bed sheets were NEVER changed! We requested for the bedding to be changed and they would only say, "Ok, we will change it later." AND the bathroom is soooo dirty and smelly! Water is weak. No elevator. Breakfast was ok though with only 3 choices everyday: American breakfast (Chicken sausage, chicken ham, & eggs), nasi goreng with egg and krupuk, and mie goreng (a cold one...maybe this was cooked earlier) and it-all-you-can toasted bread! :D

I think I wouldn't go back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends