“Nice quiet time-out”

Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta
Ranked #59 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 1 April 2014

At very short notice I needed two nights accommodation in Kuta. Found Sun Island on a hotel booking site and liked price and location.
Was very warmly greeted at reception by very polite staff, welcome drink and very welcome cool towel. I had a few problems getting my 'tablet' to log onto their wifi to show my booking receipt, as I had not been in the position to print it out. The staff were very patient with me and my limited computer knowledge. They sorted it all out and showed me how to get to the appropriate page for next time. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool area. The room was spacious, very clean. and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed over the Nyepi period so there was no problem with noise. The staff were very good during this special time and (free) breakfast, (very reasonably priced) lunch and dinner were all served and although not a wide selection the food was very nice. I left the hotel early in the morning, as Nyepi was coming to and end and again the staff were very polite and helpful. Even arranging for water for me before I left. Thanks for a lovely few days of peace and quiet, which was exactly what I needed after a very hectic and stressful time leading me up to staying there. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra F
SunIslandhotelkuta, General Manager at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Sandra F,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel in such a short notice. I am happy to know that your Nyepi with us in April went amazing and that our services left you with such a wonderful memory. Thank you for complimenting our services, room, and other facilities. Thank you for recommending us, and we can't wait to welcome you back in your next Bali vacation!

Cheers,
Ismullah, General Manger

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is situated in the center of Kuta, Bali and only Walking distance to Discovery Plaza, Waterbom Park, Kuta Square, Kuta Beach & many restaurants. Rooms are big enough and neat. Staff are very friendly and polite. They have an average buffet breakfast with the selection of international & Indonesian foods. Also, this hotel is very close to the airport, only 5 to 10 minutes by car. The free wi fi was also working well.

The rooms facing the street are little noisy, also in the evening the lobby level restaurant & bar playing little loud music, anyway it’s not a big problem for me but family guests may not like it.

I will definitely return to this hotel, if I visit Bali again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are little noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank IsaacKerala

Dear IsaacKerala,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for staying in our hotel in your vacation last year. It pleases me to know that you had most of your time in our hotel. Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with other travelers who certainly will get clearer picture of our hotel from your insight. Please rest assured that we continue giving the best service to make our guests stay a memorable one. My team and I are looking forward to your return!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Sun island hotel located in the center of Kuta , close to the big shopping mall and surround by many restaurants. A very prime location and walking distance to every shopping area. The price is also very reasonable. Highly recommend to stay in Sun island Kuta

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivillk

Dear vivillk,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

It was pleasant to hear from you after your last stay in February. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We are so happy knowing that your stay with us went amazing. Looking forward to your return in your next Bali getaway!

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Now I know why I stay at the Bali Dynasty, the sun island is very average. Rooms are nice but shower is really bad pressure could even wash my hair!!!!!
We have had trouble sleeping because it's noisy and right on the road so you hear all traffic.
Haven't even gone in pool it is that uninviting.
Back to dynasty in November

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Although the room was nice, and clean enough, but every time you can hear music from restaurant, guest shout even when the door in your room closed perfectly. Don't try their breakfast, as I can't wake up in the morning, because in that night I cannot sleep well (very noisy).

Even the reception staff polite enough, but I don't like the way they call me many times before check out time (about 11 am until 12 am) they call many times to tell me, that check out time is sharp at noon. It was very confusing, because at that time I must take a shower, packing, etc.

But, in the positive side are:
-Close to shopping mall and shops, waterbom
-Clean, new room
-Proximity to the airport

Recommended: No, you can't sleep well, it's very noisy....
Return To Sleep: You guess....

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear FSB_81,

Greetings from the lively side of Bali!

I trust this message finds you and your family well. Thank you very much for your review, and please rest assured that we take guests' opinions seriously. I appreciate your feedback with regard to the noise. To minimize inconveniences during the night, starting May 2014 onward, entertainment at our bar & restaurant ends at 10:00 p.m. In response to your comment regarding our Front Office, allow me to offer some explanation. It is based on our standard procedure to make a one time call to our guests' rooms 1 hour - 30 minutes before our check out time at 12:00 p.m. Due to tight occupancy at the time you were staying, and we needed to prepare the room for the next guests, we made another call after you exceeded the check out time. I apologize if this inconvenienced you, but I assure you that it was done in accordance to our standard. Despite what happened, I hope that your holiday in Bali was pleasant and that you will still consider staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After a horrible experience at our last hotel, the Grand Mega, the Sun Island was a refreshing change. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by competent and friendly staff who were extremely helpful. We booked this hotel and arrived within half an hour and there was no problems with reception who had our rooms ready in 30 minutes and upgraded one room at no charge.

One room was pool view which was quiet, clean and peaceful however the other room was on the street which was quite loud and the noise made it hard to sleep.

The cocktails at the bar attached to the hotel were amazing, must try the Choconut which was our favourite of the trip. The bar staff were friendly and fun.

The location was great, right next to Waterbom, shops and a short taxi ride to the main clubbing area of Kuta.

We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Martin C,

Greetings from Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

Thank you for staying at our hotel in last March. I am pleased to know that you liked most aspects of your stay. Thank you for your kind word on our staff, service, room and location. It was nice knowing you had your favorite drink from our Pavoz Bar & Restaurant. Despite the noise you encountered, I am happy that you had a wonderful time. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We are certainly looking forward to your return to our hotel!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Its around 10-15 mins from airport by taxi. Its an awesome room but not very spacious. Reception is very good giving warm welcome in balinese style and lovely dress. Have food facility also but have to pay. Breakfast was nice. Kuta beach is about 5-10 mins walk. Many malls are nearby too. Shopping is allover the street. Many massage parlours around with variety of prices. Taxis are easily available on street. If wanna go to night life area you can just tell taxi driver, it takes around 20 mins. Its best to book a cab for the whole day. The girls in the reception have always a sweet smile on their face whenever you passby. There is no bathtub in room. Overall its a pleasant stay with a lovely location.surely will book their next time too!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear ibeleive,

Greeting from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for staying at Sun Island Hotel Kuta and sharing the detail of your stay here. Most of all, I am happy to learn that your holiday in Bali went fantastic. We were pleased to be part of that experience. Thank you for complimenting our rooms, staff, and location. Your kind word has been passed along my team who will continue delivering the best service to our guests. Please kindly be informed that bathtubs are available in our Deluxe Pool Access Rooms and Suites, which you could consider staying in your next Bali getaway. My team and I are always looking forward to welcoming you back in the warm hospitality of Sun Island Hotel Kuta!

All the best,

Ismullah, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Adhi Jaya Hotel
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#42 of 253 in Kuta

Been to Sun Island Hotel & Spa Kuta? Share your experiences!