“A great french meal for your money !”
Review of L'Assiette

L'Assiette
Ranked #46 of 1,005 Restaurants in Kuta
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've been at L'ASSIETTE for the 10th time by now, so I think it's more than time for a very positive review.
The stage set is lofty style, with a great deal of primitive antiques, the tables are far away one from another and there is a feeling of space and comfort, not to speak about the charming garden where lovers and new married can have privacy.
The servers are friendly and very efficient and as it's a family owned business, there is a warm atmosphere and a very welcome place.
As for the cooking, done by Béatrice herself, traditional but very classy french style, it's a marvel of fresh products beautifuly cooked to the perfection !
The prices go from a real bargain at lunch to very reasonable at dinner and I strongly recommend the wine list as its prices are quite below the standards in Bali.
All together, it's really one of the very best restaurants in Seminyak, one you can't miss .
5 thumbs up .

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic decor, and garden. Excellent staff, and great selection of food. We had the pork ribs which were melt in the mouth!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If my gorgeous (very late) lunch is anything to go by, I can't wait to go back for dinner!

On a flying shopping trip to Bali from Lombok, I was hungry and weary after trekking the streets of Seminyak and beyond. Finding myself in Jalan Mertinadi (off Sunset Road - only 5 min taxi ride from the main street of Jalan Raya Seminyak) and being unfamiliar with any eateries there, I was about to flag down a taxi when I saw L'Assiette.

Thinking French would be a little extravagant for a quick lunch, I was about to head off when I caught sight of the Lunch Special board - 3 courses for 90th (INDR) - about $8 Australian. A friendly, but not pushy staff member greeted me with a warm smile, and invited me to see the menu. It was after 3pm, and I wondered if the lunch special was still on - 'of course' - I'm in! What a lovely warm, friendly place. I spotted the courtyard, which is absolutely delightful. Beautiful gardens, individual bales (sort of like a gazebo) and so quiet and peaceful! I immediately felt comfy and relaxed - and welcome. I couldn't hear the crazy Bali traffic that one must endure at many eateries here.

I ordered, and was promptly served a beautifully presented, petite, delicious fresh salad, followed by teriyaki beef with saffron rice and vegetables: perfectly cooked, also super fresh, and just the right portion for a lunch. Finally, a delectable creme brulee - again, petite, and again just right for lunchtime. Come to think of it, a perfectly proportioned meal for the middle of the day - well thought out by chef. Amazing value. I didn't want to leave this peaceful, friendly haven in a hurry, so I indulged in a couple of glasses of french sparkling - wonderful! And not overpriced.

Service: impeccable. Ambiance: warm, friendly, peaceful, relaxing. I absolutely loved it, and can't wait for my next trip to Bali to head there for dinner. Don't expect stuffy, affected people here ! It's relaxed, and super friendly and inexpensive for the quality of the food. Bali has a plethora of great restaurants, many of which I've been fortunate enough to experience, but I have to say, L'Assiette has something special that I just can't quite put my finger on. It has a 'feeling' - if you know what I mean - it goes beyond the food. I suspect it's going to become one of my all-time favorites. I just loved it.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am not a potato fan but they serve one of the best mashed potatoes I've ever tasted in Bali. The food are great and the backyard area was nice. I don't know what happens after the renovation but I remember this as one of the most recommended western food restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Accidentally me and my friends passed by the restaurant. It was attractive through it's wonderful and interesting interieur. As it looked inviting we went for dinner. We preferred to sit outside in the garden and it was very spacious and quiet.
The staff was very attentive and pro-active, - always with a big smile.
The food was served hot and nicely presented.