Right from the moment I enter the hotel, I begin to sense that things work here, and I was right. :) The security officer is doing his job, bellboy picks up your luggage and ushers you to front desk, where there is so much activity going on (phones keep ringing) that you take a while to check in. As a result of this, the reception blundered on my check in, but the staff contacted my room and things were rectified immediately. I am more impressed than turned off.
My room was pleasantly painted in pastel shades, with matching curtains, and the bed was superbly comfortable. The covers were of very dense thread count, which made them very smooth and not at all coarse to feel.
Kuta is not my favourite place in Bali; stayed here this time due to various reasons, plus there is simply too much construction going on near the beach-front. But the hotel is spared, being located in its own quiet corner on a quiet road, yet not too far to miss out on the beach. There are restaurants and bars within walking distance, and Hard Rock Cafe is on the opposite end.
Breakfast was average, and some of the juices were not dispensed cold enough. There is a tall container with Cocoa Crunch. The container was simply too tall and too much of the stuff is cramped into it so the crunch is left out of the Cocoa. Bit flat when milk is added.
The pool was an awkward structure surrounded by basic recliners, just a few of them, and it provided just a very straightforward experience.
I cannot help but point out that the "travellers" photos really resemble those provided by the hotel. And as for my bathroom, there was a yellow rim of grime around where water is let out at the sink.
But all in all, the room was really cleaned, the bathroom really pleasant and clean with colourful tiles.
And for the price paid, it's really worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Kuta Seaview is a newly built property with modern-minimalist design. It's built by combining the hospitality spirit of Balinese people, as well as the high standard of BEST WESTERN facilities and services. The hotel comprises of 144 rooms, each equipped with room amenities of international standard, a swimming pool, and a roof to bar overseeing the beautiful Balinese sea as well as the impeccably breathtaking sunset. The hotel is strategically located at the heart of Bali to ensure comfort and convenience. Within walking distance are the paradise for surfers, with white sands beaches along the famous Kuta beach, the enormous shopping areas and the center of Bali nightlife entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Kuta Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kuta Beach Hotel Kuta
- Best Western Kuta Beach Bali