“Friendly staff”

Ranked #83 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

If you are on a budget with a family this is the place. They have a full breakfast every morning, the beach is across the street and they have a pool for when you just want to relax. And all the staff was really nice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BestWesternKutaBeach, Front Office Manager at Best Western Kuta Beach, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear swannmel

Warmest greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach...

I am really feeling overwhelmed with your review and thank you for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor.

The most important element is that you had a memorable Best Western Kuta Beach experience and we greatly appreciate on your overall compliments regarding the Hotel.

I sincerely hope you would return and look forward to the time I can welcome you back.

With my best regards,

A.A.Ngr Yudhi satrya
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

If you look at my reviews you will notice that I generally try to focus on the good things about a hotel and make suggestions about negative things. In this case I am not going to discuss anything good, as what they did wrong was so bad that it was like attempted robbery. My wife and I booked the hotel for two days, in one of the junior suites. We had a late flight today and asked for a late checkout which they said they can't do. Fine, we simply paid for an additional half day of the standard rate and also booked transport to the airport. At 4pm today, 4 hours after the official checkout time, I get a call from the front desk asking if I wanted to extend my stay. Obviously this was not funny. I explained that I had the receipt and would be bringing it to the desk. After looking at the receipt closer, I realized that I had their copy of the receipt and they had mine. It appeared that the folks at the desk assumed that I didn't have a receipt and were going to try to make me pay again. Who waits 4 hours after checkout time to call the room? At any rate, when I got downstairs, I spoke to who appeared to be the manager. He said it looked as if his colleague had not documented the stay appropriately. Of course it was obvious to all who were standing around that I was not happy and I asked the manager of he wanted to copy my receipt. He said no, that he had all the paperwork. Does this sound dirty to anyone else yet? You can see from my reviews that I come to Bali quite often, but I will never make the mistake of staying here again. Further, I cannot recommend it to anyone else. This is one place that should be passed over.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BigBuddy66
BestWesternKutaBeach, Front Office Manager at Best Western Kuta Beach, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear BigBuddy66

Warmest greeting from the Best Western Kuta Beach Bali.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in Best Western Kuta Beach.

your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it help us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.

i hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Best Western Kuta Beach Bali.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed 6 days. Had a room on the 1st floor. Rooms are very nice. Enough space, comfortable beds, nice bathroom and tv + fridge. Everything we needed.
The only issue we had with the rooms was actually that there's a lot of mosquitoes there, but I guess there's nothing to do about those when living on the 1st floor.
We would have slept very well in the room had it not been for the constant noise in late evenings and early mornings. First of all, the staff (who are very nice) do not seem to have realised how much noise their walkie-talkies make! They walk around the hotel at all hours of the day, talking and having fun with their walkie-talkies. Around 7 in the morning they started banging in one of the rooms. Totally unescessary to start construction that early! People are on vacation.

Then came Nyepi day, oh what a day. We recieved a "new" dining menu a day prior to Nyepi. The prices had been almost doubled, which is just rude! (You can't go out during Nyepi, so basically you have to eat whatever the hotel offers). Nevertheless, we decided to order two hamburgers + fries from their menu. We called early to make the order, but was then told that we could not order food till 7 pm because they had to prepare the buffet. The buffet was ridiculously expensive and we did not want to pay for it. So we sat hungry for 2 hours before one of the staff members managed to make us buy the buffet option (we were so hungry). We had one plate of food, then went back for more, but there was nothing left. Just rice and noodles. Where I come from a buffet means you can treat yourself to more than one serving. Obviously not here.
This would have been rated "very good" had it not been for Nyepi and the noise.

On the other hand, the hotel is very close to the beach and everything else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Michaelandkine

Warmest greeting from the Best Western Kuta Beach Bali.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good location, everything was within walking distance, only 5 minutes to Kuta beach. All staff we encountered were friendly, welcoming and were always happy to help. Nice breakfast and rooftop with sea view. I really enjoyed staying at Best Western Kuta Beach and will surely stay again when in Bali next.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bunga n

Warmest greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach...

Thank you for your precious time to post such a valuable review on Trip Advisor.

I Would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Kuta

Your comments are important to us as we continue to refine the level of service we extend to our guests. We greatly appreciated your comments and hope to welcome you back to the Best Western Kuta Beach in the near future.

With best regards,

Best Western Kuta Beach
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel location is far away a beach, walk 25 mins to bench. Outside a hotel is a very noise street , a motorbite is run very fast, be careful of it. A breakfast is wide choose and acceptable in this price . A Swimming pool is big and good , a kid lover it . The floor in a roomis really bad , uneven floor . A size of room is so space ..

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Mrs Marina L

Warmest greeting from the Best Western Kuta Beach...!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience staying with us and thank you for choosing Best Western as your accommodation choice during you visit to Bali.

Kindly to inform that we only need 5 minutes to go to the beach because our hotel's location is very close to the Kuta beach and Beachwalk mall.

All of us at Best western is looking forward to have you back again with us.

Best Regards,

Pancevo, Serbia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was on journey in East Asia, in 4 hotels in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Never ever had such experience in any other hotel - a 350$ was stolen from my room. CCTV recording showed that no one but ourselves and staff entered the room.
When I reported that I am robbed, first they told me not to call the police and that they would investigate. Few hours before my departure, they ask us let go to the police now. Organized crime or what?
So, If You still want to be guest here, all your money and belongings must be with You - check them all the time.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DukeST2014
BestWesternKutaBeach, Front Office Manager at Best Western Kuta Beach, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear DukeST2014

Warmest greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach Bali...

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel, On behalf of Best Western Kuta Beach team, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay with us. After short investigation to our team here at Best Western Kuta Beach, with deep regret we would like to inform you that there is no suspect found in regard to your money.

Please give me some time to explain a little bit about our chronology result:

On March 20, 2014 Mr. Stojicevic came to reception desk at approximately 9:45 pm and reported that he lost money from his pocket purse.

We did explained to Mr. Stojicevic that in Room Safe is available to storage valuable things .
Mr. Stojicevic realized about the facility but he don’t want to use it since he believe that he won’t lost any money.
Mr. Stojicevic realize that the money was lost on March 20th in the evening and at the other side Mr. Stojicevic check in or arrived on March 17th, 2014.

Even though the case is about three days, our security team doing an internal investigation based on CCTV record.
2 days before check out we also offer to report to the police station in order to make better investigation.

On March 21, 2014 we tried to call to the room to clarify the results of our investigation but seem there is no body pick up the phone.
We decide to come over to the room directly to be able to meet and talk with Mr. Stojicevic but unfortunately there is DND sign.

We try to wait until evening to be able to meet with Mr. Stojicevic and again offer to go to the police station to report the case in order to have better investigation result but refused since finally there is only 3 hours left for check out time.

Actually our Receptionist has been inform to any single our valuable guest upon check in that we have In Room Safety Box facilities to use in order to storage all guest’s valuable belonging.

and we sincerely hope that this experience will not impair your confidence in Best Western hotel network.

Yudhi Satrya
Liberia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Good value, clean room, good breakfast, friendly staff. There is one girl named mely. She was very helpful and very friendly. She made our stay very comfortableand had a great attitude. Kuta sucks, but if you need a place close to the airport, BW Kuta is a good choice

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. David

Warmest greeting from the Best Western Kuta Beach...!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience staying with us and thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach as your accommodation choice during you visit to Bali.

It is a pleasure to me knowing your satisfaction of your recent stay with us. I’m really happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our Hotel, especially our staff and our restaurant. I will gladly share it with all the team and this will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.

All of us at Best western Kuta Beach is looking forward to have you back again with us.

Best Regards,