“Excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #89 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Karratha, Australia
“Excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed twice with quest hotel. First we had change of flight plans and got delayed for 8 hours and second when we arrived at 12;40am. On Both occasion we were very impressed with quest. They picked us up from the airport with their purple car,which my 3 yr old son loves! They have very clean and well appointed rooms. The food is average. They have a small spa that gives really good massage! The front office staff needs recognition! Very helpful specially the front office manager pak dewa buda.

I can definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your compliments to Pak Dewa Buda.
Feel free to drop me an email at tubangm@quest-hotels.com for your next stay with us, to get our special treatment for our repeater guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've decided to share my experience when I travelled to Bali last year with some of my friends and stayed in this hotel. We got caught up with a delayed in our flight to Denpasar. The hotel staff waited at the airport for our late flight for almost an hour and half. Yet he is delighted to bring us back to the hotel with a smile and joy. Upon arrived at the hotel, we were given a complimentary local beverage to cool us down on a very hot and humid condition.

Me and my friends loved the friendliness of the staffs that worked there. The breakfast buffet is good and it is a combination of Western and Asian cuisine. Obviously people won't go for hotel's food but tourist like us prefer to have our breakfast settled in the hotel before going for a proper meal outdoor. The staff is prompt in getting our requests done accordingly.

Basic facilities included a pool, small bar, safe lock, TV, massage services, room services, and food and beverages for you to choose from.

Overall, it is a budget hotel with excellent room services with an affordable price tag. What's more, it is located very near to the airport and places surrounding the Kuta region like Discovery Mall, Waterbom etc. So if you caught up late for a flight back home, the staff will ensure that you will arrive on time for your flight back home (one of the staff even drove us to the airport quickly for our last minute flight home).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ahkeet
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Wow thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your compliments to our team as well.
Sydney
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I usually book this hotel on my day of departure as it is close to airport, it's very clean and they do a complimentary transfer. I have never stayed overnight so have never had the breakfast or any meals there but I think this is cheaper than what most hotels charge as a late check out fee. The staff are ok, probably not what you get at the other Bali hotels but if you don't need much, you are fine. I had an issue last time upon checking out where they wanted to charge me for mininbar usage. We had been in the room for 40 mins as we had been out shopping all day and arrived just in time for a quick shower and transfer to the airport. We had arrived earlier in the day but the room was not available so our luggage was left at reception behind the counter. When we came back, the staff had changed and we just pointed to our luggage in view of everyone and said 'thats ours' and they gave it to us. I was a bit alarmed as all our luggage was just sitting there with computer bags etc. The driver that took us to the airport was very friendly and great. Good hotel but unsure if I would book again. There are plenty of hotels close by.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seem bigger.
1 Thank findagoodcoffee
Yes we are just 5 minutes to the airport. If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.
Dharamsala, India
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We spend a total of eight nights at Quest hotel and were very satisfied with the experience. The hotel is located a little outside the main tourist areas of Kuta and not far from the airport. You can walk to the beach (there's a nice quiet section if you just follow the road directly to the water) or to central Kuta, but there can be a lot of traffic and the sidewalks are not great for walking. Another option is to take a taxi or to make use of the hotel shuttle bus to Discovery Mall (runs about three times a day). We opted for the third option and rented a scooter. The hotel provides free parking.

The neighborhood has a kind of an authentic feel to it and there are a few small restaurants, convenience stores etc. nearby. If you're looking for a relaxed (and boring) beach holiday, this might not be the place for you. But if you're just arriving Bali or looking for a base from which to go on little day trips, it's definitely a good option. The next time we come, we might book a room for a night or two before moving on from the congested Southern part of Bali.

The rooms are nice and clean, housekeeping does a great job. Breakfast is fine. It might be a bit more rice and noodles than some people here are used to, but it is Bali after all. My husband and I are vegetarians and the staff made sure that there was a veggie dish or two for us every morning. I was also happy to find a small salad bar and my Canadian husband enjoyed the crepes & waffles with "mapple" syrup. :) We also ordered room service on our first night and asked for vegetarian fried rice (which wasn't on the menu) and it was fine.

The pool is not huge, but big enough for swimming. The pool bar does drinks and coffee.

This hotel offers very good value for money and the best thing about it might be the service. The people who work here are great, very helpful and always smiling. They called restaurants for us, drew us maps (when we asked stupid questions like "how to get to Ubud?") and organized airport pick-up and drop-off.

One negative thing about this hotel is that it can be noisy at night when people return to their rooms, apparently unaware of other guests trying to sleep. I imagine it can be even worse in many other hotels in Kuta though.

1 Thank Konchok
Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali. Our room sizes range from 28 sqm to 113sqm. Perhaps during your next visit you might like to try one of our suites? We have one with its own Jacuzzi as well.
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel for our saving honeymoon. Actually we have designed backpacking honeymoon for 3 night in this hotel, but our flight was canceled without any information, so we changed the plan and go by bus. I changed superior room for 3 night to deluxe room for 2 night. This hotel is near to the Airport, it needs about 10 minutes. But in the near future i think Bali will still have a bad traffic bcause of the construction and road repairs. My tips just rent a motorcycle to around Bali, Big No for car.
I got a little surprise from Quest Hotel, our bed decorate with cute purple swan towel and love roses, how niceee.. Thank youuu Quest..
The Deluxe room was awesome, Modern room with Queen Bed, Sofa, LCD TV, cupboard, mini bar, Balcony with pool view, and safe deposit box.
For the bathroom, they provide a shower, closet, hairdryer, shampo, soap, toothbrush, etc.
They provide a varied breakfast menu, fried rice, noodles, sausage, salad bar, toasted, soup, chicken porridge, egg corner, waffle and crepes.
They also allow us for late check out, thanksss quest.
Located in Raya Tuban, its near to the Kuta Area.
I just recomended this hotel for the budget traveller.

Room Tip: Choose the room that have a pool view
2 Thank RimaM963
Thank you for your stay with us and will extend your kind comment to our staff.
Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly and shown enthusiasm in helping you. Had a number of request like extra towels and toiletries and it was delivered to you in a few mins time. However, bathrobes had to be asked for as it is not found in the room but the staff are more than willing to send to your room upon request. However, the cleanliness of the floor can be improved. Despite reminders from me and assurance from the staff that the floor is mopped everyday, I can still find dust on the floor after the room is made up. Not that I inspect the floor for dust on purpose but just stepping on the floor makes u feel uncomfortable. luckily, slipper were provided and I wore them wherever i go inside the room. The slipper are cheap foam type, not the comfy types so if you are more concerned about the slippers, please bring your own. Slippers are also not changed. But for the price that I've paid, this hotel is definitely worthwhile with breakfast included and yes, they do change the limited choice of food everyday, well, at least change some of them.

Room Tip: You could ask for an upgrade as they would give you a free upgrade if the rooms are available.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MattZzzzzzzz
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for your valuable inputs and I have had a meeting with my team to follow them up for better service in the future. I have also passed your compliments to our staff as well.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

It's definitely not a place for westerners. When we checked in we asked for late check out and straight away without checking the receptionist said no, only just one hour extra. We arrive to hear all this waling and whining to discover that we are in Muslim area and all the noise is from the Mosque. I am not racist but don't want to put up with this noise during the day and night. The staff never smile and are not happy to serve you, probably because most of them don't understand English. They could not understand simple things like, can I have a pool towel when we were standing right near the pool. Breakfast was woeful, ok if you eat rice or noodles for breakfast. Rooms are very noisy could hear guests in the next room and also the passage. Stayed for one night of a six night booking, couldn't wait to get out. Too close to airport, good for plane spotting. There are no places near for shopping or eating. Then they charged us for phone calls and they had five nights credit as there was no refund offered, they didn't even ask why we were leaving early.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank indi2908
Thank you for your stay with us during your visit in Bali.Also for your comments and input for our better service in the future.

Do apologize for the inconvenience experience during your stay.Normally, we give free 1 hour late check out based on our room availability but on that time we were running full house,so sorry.Since, we are next door to military base with a Mosque so we will hear someone pray during "Sholat time" through a loud speaker.

Please drop me an email to tubangm@quest-hotels.com if you are still willing to stay with us on your next trip to Bali.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Primebiz Kuta Hotel
HARRIS Hotel Denpasar
HARRIS Hotel Denpasar
#74 of 142 in Denpasar
Golden Tulip Essential Denpasar

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!