“ok for segmentation”
Review of Quest Hotel Kuta

Quest Hotel Kuta
Ranked #93 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 9 August 2013

OK hotel, friendly staff, nice/spacious room (executive suite). Easy check-in/-out. Scheduled shuttle service to Kuta Centre (Discovery Mall). when we needed something, it was delivered quickly.

Points of attention/improvement:
-food has too much salt (bubur, soup, nasi goreng), average breakfast (other hotels in same price-range offer better/more varied breakfasts).
-turning off the lights when there are still guests in the restaurant is not customer friendly (i.e. is even considered rude)
-guests screaming/shouting in the pool at 06:30 am is also not very nice for other guests who are still asleep. As our executive suite was next to the pool, these inconsiderate guests have woken us up. Would have expected staff to interfere to the extent that they would request the swimmers to be more quite/considerate towards other guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anugerah01
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and your points of improvement.I have follow them up with my team for better service in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Horrible! we got there and watched the guard KICK our driver for accidentally driving over a little plastic sign. Then the guard took our driving to a room where my family and I started demanding that the manager did something! We felt so unsafe and in tears all shaken. I can understand that there are cultural differences but when we asked if kicking people was excepted they told us no and it was just this gaurd because he was army. Didn't realise that make it okay. We had already paid and they wouldn't give us a refund despite the fact we were literally shaking and frighten! They did take us aside and apologised professionally but the fact that the guard is still there is wrong.

We ending up staying one night because there is NOTHING else around the hotel except a military camp. We spent ages looking for somewhere to buy water! There was complimentary water in the rooms but it was in a glass bottle and needed a bottle opener, which was not provided.

This is not a hotel for a family! Or I would say its not for anyone After my experience. The breakfast wasn't bad, bu the western food is around the corner not with the main set out. Also to get to the pool you need to walk through the restraurant and people can watch you sun-bake while they eat. The location is close to the airport but the area isn't developed. The footpaths had bits missing and like I said, not shops, only random buildings.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank EJ_Jag
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you during your stay with us.We have followed it up with the army commander.Since,we are next door with Military base so our security is from the army for the security reason.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights recently. Its a new property with small but very clean rooms and all amenities including a day spa. The staff are very well trained and attentive. The pool isn't huge but its clean and the breakfast was fantastic - a full buffet with hot & cold options. The area isnt much but the hotel isnt far at all from all the shopping & partying of Bali. Its also very close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LeeMc15
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Wow thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and breakfast. I have passed your compliments to our team as well.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed twice with quest hotel. First we had change of flight plans and got delayed for 8 hours and second when we arrived at 12;40am. On Both occasion we were very impressed with quest. They picked us up from the airport with their purple car,which my 3 yr old son loves! They have very clean and well appointed rooms. The food is average. They have a small spa that gives really good massage! The front office staff needs recognition! Very helpful specially the front office manager pak dewa buda.

I can definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your compliments to Pak Dewa Buda.
Feel free to drop me an email at tubangm@quest-hotels.com for your next stay with us, to get our special treatment for our repeater guest.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've decided to share my experience when I travelled to Bali last year with some of my friends and stayed in this hotel. We got caught up with a delayed in our flight to Denpasar. The hotel staff waited at the airport for our late flight for almost an hour and half. Yet he is delighted to bring us back to the hotel with a smile and joy. Upon arrived at the hotel, we were given a complimentary local beverage to cool us down on a very hot and humid condition.

Me and my friends loved the friendliness of the staffs that worked there. The breakfast buffet is good and it is a combination of Western and Asian cuisine. Obviously people won't go for hotel's food but tourist like us prefer to have our breakfast settled in the hotel before going for a proper meal outdoor. The staff is prompt in getting our requests done accordingly.

Basic facilities included a pool, small bar, safe lock, TV, massage services, room services, and food and beverages for you to choose from.

Overall, it is a budget hotel with excellent room services with an affordable price tag. What's more, it is located very near to the airport and places surrounding the Kuta region like Discovery Mall, Waterbom etc. So if you caught up late for a flight back home, the staff will ensure that you will arrive on time for your flight back home (one of the staff even drove us to the airport quickly for our last minute flight home).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ahkeet
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Wow thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your compliments to our team as well.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I usually book this hotel on my day of departure as it is close to airport, it's very clean and they do a complimentary transfer. I have never stayed overnight so have never had the breakfast or any meals there but I think this is cheaper than what most hotels charge as a late check out fee. The staff are ok, probably not what you get at the other Bali hotels but if you don't need much, you are fine. I had an issue last time upon checking out where they wanted to charge me for mininbar usage. We had been in the room for 40 mins as we had been out shopping all day and arrived just in time for a quick shower and transfer to the airport. We had arrived earlier in the day but the room was not available so our luggage was left at reception behind the counter. When we came back, the staff had changed and we just pointed to our luggage in view of everyone and said 'thats ours' and they gave it to us. I was a bit alarmed as all our luggage was just sitting there with computer bags etc. The driver that took us to the airport was very friendly and great. Good hotel but unsure if I would book again. There are plenty of hotels close by.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seem bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank findagoodcoffee

Yes we are just 5 minutes to the airport. If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We spend a total of eight nights at Quest hotel and were very satisfied with the experience. The hotel is located a little outside the main tourist areas of Kuta and not far from the airport. You can walk to the beach (there's a nice quiet section if you just follow the road directly to the water) or to central Kuta, but there can be a lot of traffic and the sidewalks are not great for walking. Another option is to take a taxi or to make use of the hotel shuttle bus to Discovery Mall (runs about three times a day). We opted for the third option and rented a scooter. The hotel provides free parking.

The neighborhood has a kind of an authentic feel to it and there are a few small restaurants, convenience stores etc. nearby. If you're looking for a relaxed (and boring) beach holiday, this might not be the place for you. But if you're just arriving Bali or looking for a base from which to go on little day trips, it's definitely a good option. The next time we come, we might book a room for a night or two before moving on from the congested Southern part of Bali.

The rooms are nice and clean, housekeeping does a great job. Breakfast is fine. It might be a bit more rice and noodles than some people here are used to, but it is Bali after all. My husband and I are vegetarians and the staff made sure that there was a veggie dish or two for us every morning. I was also happy to find a small salad bar and my Canadian husband enjoyed the crepes & waffles with "mapple" syrup. :) We also ordered room service on our first night and asked for vegetarian fried rice (which wasn't on the menu) and it was fine.

The pool is not huge, but big enough for swimming. The pool bar does drinks and coffee.

This hotel offers very good value for money and the best thing about it might be the service. The people who work here are great, very helpful and always smiling. They called restaurants for us, drew us maps (when we asked stupid questions like "how to get to Ubud?") and organized airport pick-up and drop-off.

One negative thing about this hotel is that it can be noisy at night when people return to their rooms, apparently unaware of other guests trying to sleep. I imagine it can be even worse in many other hotels in Kuta though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Konchok

Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali. Our room sizes range from 28 sqm to 113sqm. Perhaps during your next visit you might like to try one of our suites? We have one with its own Jacuzzi as well.