“Great location, good staff”

Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Ranked #22 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 13 August 2014

stayed in HRH with my family for 10 days, staff is very good and service is great,
But please do not use any material witch they provided in your room its too expense then any where in the world even don't use mini bar fridge item like chocolate,cock and water its cost you fortune .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank yogesh p
Write a ReviewReviews (5,733)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Pros:
*Great place for families. They have plenty of facilities/activities to keep the kids entertained/preoccupied plus they also have enough for the grown ups.
*Pool is great. It has music underwater by the way, which is cool. It's clean and slightly warm.
*Staff are friendly and accommodating.
*Bathroom was recently renovated. Room was roomy with 2 extra day beds besides the queen bed. But then I expected this given the price I paid.
*Breakfast at Starz was average, no egg station, but the staff were working fast to cater to the number of guests.
*Good band at Centerstage. Friendly bartenders.
Cons:
*Store is overpriced. The knock offs and the originals are very indistinguishable.Skip it.
*My room was quite average. If not for the Billy Joel picture frame on my wall, it looks like your typical non Hard rock hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at the Hard Rock for a week and didn't regret it.
My kids had a great time in the massive pool and water play area.
Room always well cleaned and serviced and friendly staff at every turn.
Kids also loved Tabu - The kids games room with theatre, xbox, ps3 etc.

Breakfast was great and in particular Yoan was very helpful at the breakfast service, great with the kids and very friendly. Also taught us some Balinese phrases which the kids had great pleasure in using during our holiday.

Would definitely come back to the Hard Rock.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cameron S
Reviewed 10 August 2014

After nearly 24 hrs of travelling, and not arriving with our luggage, I was relieved to arrive at a lovely hotel where the staff were friendly and welcoming and we couldn't have asked for more from our room. We booked the deluxe suite, we had two double beds, the room was modern, clean and well worth the money. Great power shower too! The receptionist was brilliant in being the middle man by helping us get our luggage back aswell. The hotel pool was amazing, the private huts around the pool weren't that brilliant, just a sun bed in it. I also had a 90 minute massage in the hotel spa, which was lovely and the spa was top notch but considerably more than what you would pay else where in Bali - I think it worked out about £30. We ordered room service the first night and we were very happy with the food and the service. We also had to call maintenance about our flush, and within 5 minutes they were at our room and it was fixed. The breakfast buffet had more than enough choice, and you would find something to eat. The hotel offered free wifi, but within the room was a bit hit and miss - whilst this wouldn't be a deal breaker, it was needed to try and get our luggage back. Much stronger in the reception and bar. Dislike - the hotel entertainment. The band that they had were not good. The hotels location is across the road from the beach where you could surf, and the beach itself was massive, but expect to be pestered to within an inch of your life. Kuta itself reminded me a lot of Bangkok, which I would expect of Bangkok but wasn't what I was expecting of Bali. We only stayed for two nights, it was a great hotel, just a shame about Kuta itself, I wasn't a fan.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aishlen
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Duration: 2 nights

Can't say anything but perfect hotel (if you're not budget wise).
- Service
- Room clean, spacious, stylish, love the bathub, good view, perfect pillow
- Wifi, connected very well
- Big pool
- Finest location
- A lot of options for breakfast, also they served us well
- i cant find bad things from hardrock hotel, it's just too good.

Regards,
@ayirlangga

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ayirlangga
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is the first time we stayed at the Hard Rock (our 7th trip to Bali) and had received mixed reviews from friends who had stayed here previously. It was the July school holidays and we needed an affordable room to accommodate 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We stayed in the cheapest room, which was a deluxe room overlooking an inner courtyard on the top (4th floor). The room consisted of 2 queen beds, small balcony and bathroom with shower over bath. There was limited storage room, with an open hanging space for your clothes, we managed to keep organised so the limited room for clothes etc wasn't an issue, though in hindsight I am confident that housekeeping would happily have provided more coathangers! The room was clean (and I am a borderline clean freak), the beds were firm and bedding/linen was good quality spotless. All housekeeping requests for extra water, towels etc were responded to immediately and these staff did not appear to operate on 'bali time' in response to guest requests. The noise from the band was not an issue and stopped at 12 midnight.
The pool and surrounds were lovely, though I think there must have been a few Germans staying as we had to search for sunbeds without towels on if we didn't get down early enough! We had a few lunches around the pool and the food and drinks were good quality. The only issue in the pool area was that sometimes it was difficult to get attention of the staff as there were only a couple of them attending to the large poolside area and they were kept very busy.
The breakfast affair was ok, it was a bit canteen like but the food was of reasonable quality, constantly being 'refilled' and generally what you would expect from a buffet affair, including all the usual (and interesting) Asian food choices. Staff happily accommodated additional requests such as poached eggs and latte coffees.
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, and this was due to the amount of choice we were surrounded with and our eagerness to get out and about. The range of restaurants and bars including those beachfront walking down towards Centro were great, extremely affordable, the ones on the front walking up towards the new Beachwalk were also good. We tried several over the 10 days we were in Bali and never had a bad experience.
The Hard Rock is also in a great location to access spa treatments, hair, massage and nails, there are several along the side of the hotel offering massages that range from $5-$15 per hour. My favourite was Smart, I tried several others which were all good, but Smart was alot cleaner and for $12.50 I was very happy. One day we had 3x 60 min massages, 2 French nail manicures, 1 spa pedicure for $80! Bargain!
The best things about the Hard Rock are the staff and the location. The security seemed reasonable, with guards on all gates and double access card entry into the hotel. There were always staff gardening, painting, cleaning. In fact they must be the hardest working hotel staff I have ever seen in Bali. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly, especially those at the front desk.
Don't be fooled by Bali, whilst it is cheap everything has a price and there are plenty of scammers and people trying to make some money. Whilst I was in a minimart a man tried to steal the cashiers personal phone and when he challenged him he pleaded ignorance. This young man was sitting outside the mini mart with a group of other young men, the mini mart manager told me that they have a lot of trouble from these gangs and they try to extort money from the small businesses (and tourists) and are very dangerous. He was visibly scared and shaken but told me that the police are powerless to do anything, it looked like some form of intimidation. This group of men were well dressed and on the surface did not appear to be a threat (had I not witnessed this incident I would be none the wiser). However, once I was back inside the Hard Rock grounds I felt safe and secure.
The only tip I would provide is if you are looking for a room that has a balcony you can use to sit outside then book a different room, as the deluxe room balconies were very small and only for standing on.
The hidden gem of the Hard Rock is the spa, sauna and steam room. They are located at the back of the gym and there are ladies only and mens only rooms. These are great and worth a visit.
I loved my recent holiday in Bali and I loved the Hard Rock Hotel for a million reasons with location, staff and cleanliness being the top 3.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms - request top floor, inward - courtyard facing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Julie J
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our trip to Bali wasn't off to a good start when my husband found he had taken the wrong bag from airport. Kelvin from the hotel to the rescue. When we departed hotel and checked into our next, we realised we had left our daughters medication in the fridge! This could of been disastrous for us. But Kelvin to the rescue again. Kelvin even dropped the medication to us after his shift that day. What a great help he was!! The staff at the hotel were a always so great with big genuine smiles all the time. Gday in the restaurant deserves mention as well we had a great last dinner with his service. Location great. Pool great. Biggest disappointment was the room. Very small. Not worth the $220 a night we paid for deluxe premium room which didn't overlook the pool as well. Don't bother with the upgrade in room. Had a very memorable time there though.

• Stayed: August 2014