Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$641
US$109
Agoda.com
H Sovereign Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$58
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$65
US$97
US$79
Agoda.com
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$84
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$78
Agoda.com
Bintang Bali Resort(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$96
Agoda.com
Febri's Hotel & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
US$180
US$159
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
6,033 results
All reviewsrock royaltykids clubcenter stagestarz dinerdeluxe premium roomsand islandfoam partykuta beachkids suitepool arealive bandamazing poolfamily holidayhuge poolmain poolday bedkids pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We stayed at the Hard Rock for 9 nights in a group of 18, 4 families including 10 kids from 11 to 18. This was my 6th time to Bali over 3 decades and the first time at Hard Rock. I think it was the perfect hotel for the group I was with, we all enjoyed the band, the bar, the pool, the location and all of the memorabilia at the hotel. Yes it was loud, but so were we most nights as we had all of our rooms, (8 in total) in the same wing together. It was a great experience for all of us but I doubt we would go back, as we would prefer to try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 5 April 2009

My wife and I, along with our two young children stayed in the Hard Rock for 4 nights this past January, during the Chinese New Year. First off, the swimming pool is AMAZING and well worth the stay just for the pool. The sand island, where the kids can wade into the pool, in the sand is amazing. The service was quite good. When we first checked in, we noticed that our room was quite noisy due to its location. We requested another, quieter room, and the staff helped out and moved us very quickly to another room. The food at the hotel is very good. The rooms are a bit small, but nice. One of the day beds was made into a very comfortable bed for our 3 year old, and a crib was provided for our infant. They had a kids club, kind of like a baby sitting service, that for a small fee you could drop off your children. We will return to Bali again, but I don't think that we will stay at the Hard Rock again. The area of town is VERY crowded, and I think we will look for something different next time. The Hard Rock is a bit pricy. Don't get me wrong, we very much enjoyed our stay at the Hard Rock, as we were looking at staying in a "Western" style hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Overall services is excellent. We stay there for 4 days 3 night consist of 3 adults with 5 childrens. We only get to our room after waiting for 1 hour but that is not an issue as the staff at reception counter is very polite and always smilling. They also upgraded my room without additional charges. The room is okay except they should have a lock for the bathroom door. Don't mind paying for the slipper as I take it as a souvenior instead of using it. Security level is high. The swimming pool is big, beautiful and it is difficult to get my children to leave the swimming pool. Eventhough the room rate is at the high side but it is still okay based on their excellent services. Hard Rock Hotel Bali, keep up the good work.

1  Thank trasherMalaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We were travelling as a pretty big group, just over 10 of us. At check in, the staff happily complied with our requests (for rooms close to each other and for two rooms, being connected by a door) and tried to give us what we requested for even though the hotel was quite heavily booked at the time.

I had thought the hotel was going to be more luxurious than what we saw, but aside from that, whatever was there is pretty good nontheless, the rooms were clean and spacious enough for my sister and I (we shared a room). It has all the standard amenities and I particularly liked the bright colours and quirky wardrobe.

Being Hard Rock Hotel, the entire hotel is decorated with Rock and music related memorabilia, right up to the name of hallways one's room is located on. There are live band performances nightly at the central atrium bar which were excellent while we were staying, they even obliged with a birthday song for a friend of ours who had her birthday when we were there.

The hotel has a large pool and a smaller pool (if you want some solitute), and the Kuta beach is right outside the hotel across a small albeit busy road, although I didn't like this beach a lot because of its condition. Kuta town is to the side of the hotel, just walk out and you're on the main street in a minute. However, we wanted to see some other sights and the concierge was very courteous and helpful in arranging for a private van (with driver) that would take all of us, all for a very good rate for one day.

I liked the party atmosphere of the hotel the best (it is hard rock hotel after all), and disliked the fact that a pretty beach has to be reached by car the least, but there has to be a tradeoff. If you're looking for some couple time, don't come here, if you're looking for a great place for a group of friends to have fun at, this is it.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We spent 4 nights at the Bali Hard Rock in mid March 09 and stayed in a loft room with our 3 kids aged 18, 14 and 10. It was a fantastic experience and the staff were exceptional. Paris (one of the pool recreation staff) and Ari who made the most delicious omelettes each day were worthy of a big mention.
Definitely recommend hiring a poolside cabana - with hotel discount cost about $14 AUS per day . It gave us a base at the pool and somewhere to nap or read whilst Paris watched the boys swim. (see photos) Our pizza lunch was delivered by a waiter on rollerblades - just hilarious!!! It has 2 great waterslides for the kids (one fully enclosed tube like and one open) and the main pool is just fantastic - we NEVER felt crowded even though the hotel was at 3/4 capacity. Swim up bar was great and the cocktails were very impressive - try the frozen strawberry daiquari or my husband's favourite "The King"
The location is probably the best in Bali - directly opposite the beach and 500m from Poppies Lane 1. Easy to go shop for an hour and head back for another swim when you got hot. Even though it is right in the heart of the action we did not hear the noise from the outside once we were through the gates and only ever heard the noise from Centre stage in our room 1 night out of the 4 and it stopped after 9pm.
Our room was in the Reggae section and the loft room worked well for us - the boys (10 and 14) shared a double bed and our 18 year old daughter had a double to herself. Upstairs was a queen size bed for mum and dad. The stairs were the only bad part of the room - narrow and a tad dangerous in the middle of night - we left the very dim entrance light on to give me some light to use the bathroom downstairs in middle of night. Would have been great to have a TV upstairs but you dont go on holidays to watch TV.
The breakfast I thought was very good - lots to choose from - every conceivable ingredient for your freshly cooked omelette, eggs freshly prepared any way you want them, other standard hot foods plus asian noodles and rice, pancakes (sometimes donuts) pastries, marble toast!! - I could go on but suffice to say my 14 year old son was full every day and that is an accomplishment.
My husband had a full body massage in the spa using a discount voucher and he raved about it.
The security guards at the front were more than just a token gesture also and thoroughly inspected every taxi that brought us back to the hotel - unlike other places we stayed in Bali
The recent reviews have given the Hard Rock a bad rap and we disagree - we were very impressed. They treated us like royalty and every staff member went out of their way to make our holiday special. Best of all they appreciated us coming to Bali given the GFC and showed such a pride in their work, their hotel and their country - we think deservedly so.

4  Thank AussyMum