“Peace & quiet”

The Patra Bali Resort & Villas
Ranked #29 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“Peace & quiet”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just a great family complex ! Grt pools ! Very peaceful, great service from all the staff members !!! My second time to visit and will visit again ! Walking distance to kuta but not near the hustle bustle of the CBD

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Hookey1968
Patra Jasa B, Public Relations Manager at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us recently.
We appreciate your view and have passed your valuable comments to all the staff and we are more than happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us.
We all wish that we will have the pleasure to have you again with us at your next holiday.
Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were unexpected customers as a consequence of a Jetstar flight cancellation and this was last minute accommodation arranged by the airline. Fair to say we were not the relaxed travellers we had been, and while the hotel clearly did their best, the influx of an unexpected group of travellers stretched resources somewhat. We were pointed in the general direction of our room and left to our own devices. We stumbled around in the dark until we found our room and then collapsed before having a quick shower and into bed. Then received a phone call for dinner but declined as we had eaten earlier before leaving for the airport at our previous accommodation and had enjoyed a great meal. There was some exposed wiring in the toilet and I suffered from mosquito bites during the night.

Breakfast was a buffet, as was lunch, but this is a large hotel with a commensurate demand for breakfast table space. Not as relaxed as our previous accommodation, nor the same quality, but an easy way to deal with large numbers of guests. For a hotel of this standard I would have expected more based on the typical room rate. I don't like providing negative comments but this was not, and would not be, my accommodation of choice. Its claim to be a higher quality of accommodation is based on space and materials but this is a thin veneer. The foyer and artwork were impressive and so might the rest of the complex be if it wasn't for the packing of guests into bottlenecks. The staff were pleasant but our recent experiences in Bali had been much better and the contrast was clear to us. The rooms were quiet and there was little aircraft noise and that was the strength of it but even as accommodation at no cost to us I would not recommend the hotel based on my experience and the suggested room rates.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Started out badly with the taxi driver negotiating a fixed rate of $100,000 to take us to the hotel, drove out the gates of the hotel and straight into the gates of the Patra.... WT?

Then i was told at the check in that we must pay for our room in advance and in full (12:30am by this time) and that there was an undisclosed holiday surcharge to be added of $59 US per night for our 10 night stay. We couldn't be bothered arguing so we went to bed in our 70's style room with rock hard beds. 5:am woke to the sounds of the "call to prayer" on a public address system booming from the neighboring mosk, once that had finished I drifted back to sleep only to be woken 15 mins later when the airport started up... The runway itself was within 1 km of my room.

Upon waking we thought that we might give it a chance and do a recon of the grounds and dining area... In a word "gross", outdated, unclean, lack of attention to detail and ambivalent staff. The breakfast on the other hand was spectacular and well needed, beautiful juices and amazing Mie Goreng, so refreshed after breakfast I decided to tackle front desk to see if we could get the surcharge waived.... No such luck I am afraid, so I expressed an intent to leave and was told I would be charged an extra night (pretty standard) so I jumped on line and booked and paid for the Sheraton Kuta for 7 nights and informed the staff that as a courtesy I would stay for another 2 nights, they still informed me that I would be charged an extra night... This outraged me, so I jumped online again and booked 2 nights at the Niksoma Bali and checked out immediately.

What they should have learnt from this is that I was not the only party staying at the Patra, my sister and her family also cancelled as well as my father and his partner.

The best thing about this experience was that I discovered the Niksoma in Legian which is my new Bali home... Just amazing I won't stay anywhere else again, it is sheer bliss and the other thing is I saved $1100US by moving to a better hotel because the Patra is outrageously overpriced for such a delapidated, filthy, noisy, isolated and outdated hotel.

If you love Bali like I do avoid this hell hole like the plague

• Stayed July 2013
Whakatane
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here 6 nights great pool etc rooms acceptable ,breakfast was pretty average every morning close to airport an quiet still had good sleeps abit of a walk to town but nice along beach walk way good staff etc

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gobush
Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were in transit from Europe on our way home to Perth and our travel agent booked us into this hotel for a night. The first hotel in the world I have been to that charges for ice. We only had enough Indonesian money for our departure tax and taxi ride to the airport but were forced to pay cash for our room service. Why we bothered I don't know as the food was inedible. We had a very old room which wasn't very clean. Would definitely never stay there again. I have been to Bali before on many occasions and have never stayed in worse hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy C
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at dlx suite room for three nights with my two boys. It was a lovely stay. The room were big enough for the three of us. It well set up and clean. The best swimming pool that I uever seen before with a friendly staff make a great holiday. Also the food was fantastic taste,one of the pool bar facing to the beach. We will definitely back again here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deva28908
Dear Valued Reviewer,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2013

After staying here last year, I returned to the Patra to again be greeted by the same warm smiles and friendly staff.

I did say that I would be back and I was true to my word.

We stayed in a Deluxe Suite and it was as big and spacious as I remember it. The old CRT TV's have been replaced with new flat screens, as the hotel continues to gradually improve things. We were provided with a welcome letter from the Management and a sorong for my wife and myself as a welcome gift. I also noticed that the hotel is in the process of rebadging itself as the Patra Jasa.

The grounds are very well maintained and the pool area fantastic for young children as it is not too deep.

The resort lacks organised activities for guests, maybe pool games for the kids, quiz nights or theme nights at the sunken bar etc, if that is my only gripe. Not that it was a big issue as you generally make your own fun and some people may prefer a quieter resort.

We used the free shuttle services to ferry us to Kuta Square again and this is a good service, considering the hotel is a bit further away from some of the others to the shopping. I did notice that they are building a brand new shopping complex down the road from the Patra however, so in the future, this will be less of an issue. The new shopping centre will have a few eateries and a Hypermart department store too. We also ate room service here on a couple of occasions on this trip and the food was good. It was a little expensive for Bali standards, but the quality was great and my wife said that her gnocchi was amongst the best she has had, even though the person taking her order had some issue pronouncing it.

The breakfast was great and they have changed the lay-out of the egg station since my last visit. There was enough variety to keep you interested and the waffles and pancakes for the kids went down a treat. These were not available last trip. They also liked having boiled eggs on the odd occasion too.

My little girl left her teddy behind when we left Bali for home. On contacting the hotel via email, the Front Office Supervisor, Didit, was extremely helpful and organised the offending lost bear to be sent via express post to Australia. It is for this service that we will keep coming back here and thank you again to the Patra.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GeezerInOz
Ika_manuaba, Public Relations Manager at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer