My husband and I stayed here for a week in a Deluxe Suite. This consisted of two separate rooms, one had a sitting area and a dining area and a flat screen TV on the wall. The other was a nice size bedroom with a king size bed and another flat screen TV on the wall there too. A nice bathroom is off the bedroom. This was all pleasant enough - decorated in the old bali style but it looked run down and needed a bit of a freshen up. It was also miles from anything - it was quite a walk from our room to breakfast or the pool so unless you get a room near the dining room be prepared to get some exercise.
Yes, the Patra Jasa is an enormous resort and is past her glory days but it was still a pleasant enough experience. I liked that I could watch the planes coming in and taking off from my pool lounge and there is a nice sunset bar but it is not cheap.
It's about a half hour walk along the beach to Kuta or they have a courtesy bus that will take you 4 times a day I think.
The breakfast is great - everything you can think of! We did have one rather weird experience on our second last day. We returned to our room in the afternoon to find that the key card thing you put in to make the power go on had been taken out just enough for the power to go off, so the air conditioning had gone off and the room was hot.
Strangely when I put the card in to make the power go on I saw someone had turned on various lights in the room. And they had turned up the temperature on the air con to 22 degrees. Considering that this place is not cheap to stay at I thought this was really cheeky! And strange.
The spa was pretty good, had a massage one day that was very pleasant. Was able to bargain with them regarding the price too. All in all this resort is nice enough but to me it was all a little snooty and pretentious - it sort of lacked a warm and friendly feel. I doubt I would ever stay here again - there are other options along the beach that are more happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta