Just got back from 8 fantastic days at the Patra. My family and I really enjoyed the Patra, my family being my three young boys and husband. Our boys ages are 6, 3 and 10 months and the deluxe suites really accommodated us. They are huge and the beauty of these suites for us was that you could close the door off between our bedroom and the living area. We could put our 10 month old down for his afternoon sleep (we moved his HUGE cot supplied by the hotel in our room) and closed the double sliding doors off while our older two boys played or watch TV. They have a two TV’s in these suites, one in the living room where the boys slept (sofa lounge) and also one in the main bedroom. Our suite was upstairs which wasn’t a problem, what we would do with the pram was just leave it at the bottom of the stairs everyday instead of lugging it up. It was fine.
The resort itself was very lush and huge. We weren’t too far from the lobby or pool (room 432), but if we did feel up for the walk you could just jump into the hotel buggy’s, the boys found this to be more of a treat than anything. The pool was awesome, especially for kids, it isn’t too deep, our boys loved going every morning for a swim. The staff also have organised pool/water games everyday e.g. water polo/volleyball and pillow fighting. Lots of fun.
Our boys also enjoyed the kids club everyday. While our little one was having his afternoon nap the older two would go in for a couple of hours everyday, and we would order them lunch (only about $6.00 AUS) and they could get mini hamburgers or min hotdogs with fries. They have playstation and organised activities everyday.
The distance of the hotel into the downtown Kuta didn’t bother us, we actually preferred being away from all the hustle and bustle. We did venture in via the beach track one night which me and my husband really enjoyed but the kids thought it was a bit far, (only 15 minute walk). I would walk it in the morning to get my daily exercise before the kids were up. The airport was close but again didn’t bother us, our boys and myself enjoyed watching the planes (from the beach path) take off and land. You could hear it but you sort of block it out after the first day.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms (deluxe family suite) sold me on this property. They really suited our family and are huge. Breakfast is great here too, lots of variety and it changes daily. Cause we had kids there was a separate section that sort of separated from the main restaurant part behind two double glass doors (right next to Egg Corner) so if the kids got a bit noisy it didn’t really bother anyone, lots of families went into this room for the same reason.
The only one thing that I can probably pick with this hotel is that the room service isn’t the quickest, took over an hour to get some ice (there is no freezer in their fridges) and another day we actually had to remind them that we ordered some ice because it never showed up. But hey your on holidays so waiting for a little ice didn’t cause us too much distress. Also I read on this review site there are little sugar ants so before I left Australia I bought zip lock bags to put the kids snacks in or anything I thought would attracts ants and I also bought some insect spray.
Have fun if you have booked this hotel, I think you will thoroughly enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas is a five star hotel set among 11 hectares of combination panoramic ocean and lush garden views, reflecting a true element of style in the culturally rich environment of Bali. The location is ideal, a huge landscaped property on South Kuta Beach, directly on the Indian Ocean and only five minutes from the airport. A huge (free) kids club with variety of kid's activities and great facilities for families made Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas one of Bali's most popular family resorts and the tropical gardens are particularly favored for weddings. The huge variety of breakfast selection (International food, Japanese food, Indonesian food and Indian Food) will indulge you during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Patra Bali Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Patra Bali Resort And Villas
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Hotel Kuta
- Patra Bali Resort
- Patra Bali Hotel
- The Patra Bali Resort & Villas Kuta