“3 Generations”

Ramada Bintang Bali Resort
Ranked #41 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed at Ramada for 21 (yes that is correct) 21 nights during October this year. My mother, myself and my 18 year old daughter. 3 Generations. We were even there during the earthquake. We stayed in an interconnecting family room on the ground floor facing the gardens. It was quiet, surrounded by beautiful gardens, hotel has a great pool and spa area. No problem getting a spot by the pool on any day and all of the staff were lovely. Hotel offers activities by the pool everyday for adults and children. Aquarobics, Bingo, Pool Volley Ball being some. Great to join in the activities or just to pass the time and watch others.

Regular traveller's to Bali (and for that matter most of Asia) will be aware that 5 star accommodation in Bali is certainly not the same as in Australia but then you are not paying the same prices either.

The rooms were a little dated but I can honestly say very clean. Serviced daily with fresh sheets and towels. We came back to our room every day to fresh flowers around the room, on top of the TV, in the bathroom and on pillows and bedside tables. The staff were lovely, helpful and went out their way to assist us. We were originally on 3rd floor but asked to be moved to the ground and were accommodated with no questions asked and a minimum of fuss.

The breakfast was great, plenty to choose from. Other meals in the hotel were all very good including room service. Because of the length of our stay we were treated to 2 free theme dinners so went to the BBQ night (excellent) and also the Seafood Buffet (Tempura to die for). Both evenings were great. My mother celebrated her 76 birthday during our stay and the staff at the Wharf Restaurant made it a very memorable evening even supplying a free birthday cake.

The hotel is in a great location, on a very nice stretch of beach and is close to shopping and other restaurants and hotels. We have only been home a few weeks and we are already planning our next trip.

My sincere thanks to the Management and staff of Ramada for a fabulous holiday.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Gail W

Reviewed 8 December 2011

the staff's were so helpfull and friendly, especially my daily housekeeping guy, Pak Made. and the waitress' in the coffee shop. They really put a personal touch in their services, knows you by name and always greets you from afar that you would feel like you're home. The rooms are a bit oudated and needed refurbishing, but it is still clean. The garden is beautiful and the beach and sunset is stunning. And its just a waking distant to the hussle and bussle of Kuta Beach touristic area, yet still provide some privacy to their hotel guests. Something that at first I thought was rather impossible in Kuta Beach area. There are also many nice restaurants around the area with very tasty foods that you will not run out of ideas as to where to dine. I know because I stayed there for nearly a month. I certainly would love to come back there again, but this time with my family for a holiday.

Room Tip: try to get a room on ground floor facing the garden, you'll get your own front porch overlooking...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ReginaJakarta
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed in a Family room at the Ramada Bintang for 11 nights in Nov 2011.

The service we received at the Bintang was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and every request we made was completed very quickly. I also found the staff very friendly.

Our room was a little dated but suited us ok. We had a family room which is a king size bed with 2 large twin beds for our kids. We had a lovely garden area off the room which was great. We did need to pay for a dvd player which I thought was a bit much really. The bathroom was dated but I wasnt too worried. Toilet did block a few times but it was quickly rectified.

Location is great for us. Lots of great places to eat nearby like Garis Garis & Pantai. Food at the hotel was quick nice and reasonably priced however we liked getting out and about more. I wasnt that impressed with the cocktails by the pool so we only tried them once.

We received a complimentary buffet tea by the pool with a show. Really enjoyed this night and the food was great.

Overall we loved our stay at the Ramada. I also found a pool lounge to sit in no matter what time I ventured down there. Yes they played a few poolside games like beer drinking & bingo but they never disturbed us at all. Lovely staff handed out free drinks and fruit around the pool most days.

Forgot to mention buffet brekkie is great. So much to choose from, all fresh. Can get very busy about 9am so best to go earlier.

Thanks to all the staff at the Ramada for a great stay and we would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Family rooms are great if you are travelling with small children.
1  Thank cjkslw
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed at Ramada for 5 nights with my 17 year old daughter. We had a basic room on the ground floor overlooking the beautiful gardens, pool and ocean. The room was adequate with a small fridge, TV and tea & coffee facilities. The shower was a bit crazy spraying water all over the bathroom but the room was cheap so we didn't really mind. Internet service all over the resort was fine. The grounds were lovely and the pool beautiful, never a problem finding a pool lounge. The included breakfast was delicious, fresh and good variety. We only ate once at the hotel at the Wharf Restaurant which is on the beach...the menu was quite limited but the food was delicious. They had a band playing every night from 8pm which was fantastic...great music and would play any requests from the guests...very talented...we went twice just to listen to the band and dance, it was a great atmosphere. The staff were delightfully friendly but unobtrusive. The only fault was the service by the pool....there was none..if we wanted a drink or food we had to get up and try to find someone...usually walking into the beach restaurant and asking for what we wanted....even then if someone did bring a menu to us they would walk away and not come back so we had to walk up to the restaurant to order. Would have to say extremely poor service but the food and drinks when they did finally arrive was lovely. Lots of activities around the pool from water aerobics to bingo and volleyball which was fun. The location of the hotel was excellent 5 minutes walk to shopping centre if you walked along the beach and 15 minutes to Matahari. Also Febri's for massages was only 5 minute walk so we went there every day. Great restaurants just a short walk down the road. We have stayed in many hotels including Patra, Padma, Elysian , Ramayana and Viceroy in Ubud and found the Ramada to be great value for money and good if you have teenage kids as there is so much to do and easy walk to everywhere. Will definitely be booking again with the family.

Room Tip: I would recommend north wing ground floor close to the beach and pool also overlooks beautiful garde...
2  Thank Anne N
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Nicest staff, very friendly and helpful.
The food was delicious, breakfasts were fantastic. Our kids looked forward to them every morning!
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Interconnecting for the kids.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanne R
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Recently stayed at the Ramada as a friend stays there all the time. At first I wasn't too sure and I wasn't really happy with the rooms as there are old and they are definately due for an upgrade. Grounds are fantastic and the ameanities. Can't say much about the kids club etc. I have booked to go again, its a great location. I'm not in the room all day. Breakfast for champions and the staff are friendly and helpful and the aircon's good. I recommend this hotel. The rooms are huge but need to be refurbished.

Room Tip: Garden view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheJetFlyer
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and couldnt wait to check out and gave the some feedback (which i never do that before). Stayed in this hotel really ruined my holiday mood, just because we've paid full for 3 nights, so nothing we can do other than cant hardly wait to check out. In simple words, this hotel is old,dirty,many insects(mosquites,ants,lizards),overprice,rated as 3* hotel. Really not worthed it for what you've paid for. Hope agoda will change this hotel rate to 3*, definetly not 5*, maybe yes but 10 years back ! I was travelling with my baby, which means I still need to keep my baby formula inside the room. Guess what? OMG..many ants inside my baby formula :(( lizards everywhere inside the room, got many mosquitoes bites, until didnt know where i should put my baby bottle, milk etc to avoid those bloody ants and lizards. I've stayed in many hotels but this hotel is the worst among others. The kidsclub also dirty. Pls stay away, trust me !
Before stay in this hotel, i stayed in nusa dua hotel which cheaper and very clean, the kids club also very2 clean, really regret why i moved to this hotel. the good thing is there is kids swimming pool and nice beach, walk to discovery mall also quiet a distance. the bed sheet also looked old, because there was a hole there. nice lobby, thats all !

3  Thank sieny s