Everything in Bali is nothing short of pleasant. Friendly people, friendly smile. Beach is nice. Air is fresh. That translate to welcoming sense when you are at the lobby of this hotel when checking in. We were greeted with a smile and a drink, when you really needed. Talk about timing. Checking in was quite speedy and thats a welcoming relieve after day long flights. Did not use the service of the porter service since I do not like waiting for my luggage. When straight to the room after getting the key. It was a long walk from the lobby. And when you are dragging your bag a long, it tends to get longer. it was a 3-5 minutes walk on a humid night. Reaching the room and I was looking forward to have a hot shower and great night sleep. I guess it was not meant to be. The access key does not work. I was bit disappointed when that happened. The thought of going back to the lobby to get the access key working really makes me a bit annoyed. Luckily, there was a friendly staff making his rounds and he ask the front desk to send another access key card. It only takes a while for the key to reach the room and finally I managed to get into the room. The firts thing that I noticed was the smell of the room. I am not sure whether its purposedly scented or it was just the smell of an old room.
The room was pretty standard with your normal tea and coffee making facility, the standard bathroom soaps, shower gel etc. It is also equipped with an LCD screen with plenty of channels. That is a plus since surfing the channels is the thing that I usually do after a long day. Room is quite spacious with a rattan chair and your own personal verandah. But since the hotel is built to maximise the space they have, the room is facing some other building instead of the beach / sea. All in all the room is pretty clean and met my expectation. The one thing that stands out was the room decor of two masks 'staring' at you. For me, thats a bit creepy. They can do without that I guess. Do pack an adapter specifcally for Indonesia outlet (two pin round plug). If you are bringing a standard British Plug, you are out of luck. Bathroom is also equip with the standard long bath with shower and there is no seperate shower. Hot / Cold water is available and that is essential freshen up. The hotel also provide internet connection. The WiFi coverage reaches the beach front which is pretty impressive. But most of the time, you get connected to the WiFi but there is no internet / really slow connection / disconnected. I guess that is the place that the hotel should look into improving. Bed is not that great. Its not really 'comfy' that you can just enjoy your sleep, but it does serve the primary objective that is for sleeping.
Everytime I go to Bali, i will make sure to take some time to enjoy the beach. this is no exception. The beach is not really as good as the one in 'Kuta' where you have a very nice long beach that really goes into the sea. The beach around this area is more or less like the one in Nusa Dua but not as bad. The plus side is that you can reach the Discovery Mall via the pathway. Instead of using a taxi and walking down the street, you can still enjoy the beach while walking to the mall. The beach pathway used to see its better days. Since the hotel (Hotel Santika Premiere Beach Resort) next door had closed down, the atmosphere is a bit quieter. The pathway is usually well lid at night but since the hotel's closure, its really dark to pass through. So make sure you bring a torchlight or use the street if you want to go back to Ramada. The garden of this hotel is pretty impressive and have that Island feeling instill to patrons. It also has a swimming pool for the kids and adult.
Breakfast food was good I guess and in line with other International Buffet. I assume its not halal (no certification by Majlis Ulama Indonesia), so I just stick to have some fruit and seafood or non at all. That take a dent on my overall view of this hotel.
All in all, this hotel is good enough to stay for a few nights, but if you want to have greater access to Kuta Beach, I would suggest you give other hotels that have Kuta Beach as its backyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta