Just got back from our holiday in bali where (thankfully) we only stayed 1 night at the ramada bintang resort.
Check in was 2pm so we arrived at 2.... we waited half an hour for house keeping to "Clean" our rooms as the previous guests had only just checked out. Originally the lady at reception said only 1 room was complete and the second would be about 10 minutes, about 2 minutes later both were magically ready.... didn't think much of it till the next day when my brother discovered drops of dried blood on his sheets. I don't think they changed the sheets at all as they were in a rush. My brother and his girl friend were also woken at 2am by guests staying in a room above moving furniture and jumping around.
We were shown to our room which seemed forever away (the resort is huge). The room overlooked the garden which was nice. The room itself was quite small compared to the other resort we stayed at.
The bathroom had moveable mirrors... not sure why. It made the bathroom less private and you could hear everything from the bed.
We went out for the afternoon/dinner and returned at about 8pm for a late night swim to discover the pool shut at 7pm! The pool and pool area itself is dated and in need of a reno.
Drinks at the pool bar are way over priced $3.50 for a can of soft drink!! We don't even pay that much in Australia.
The resort held our bags before we left for the airport. It was concerning that they did not lock our bags in a room. They were left in the open with a string to tie them together.
Couple of positives- gardens are nice and free wifi throughout the resort
Would not stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort, a beach front property in the heart of South Kuta, sets in more than six hectares of tropical gardens. The resort is conveniently located just ten minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and within a walking distance to the biggest shopping centre, the Discovery Shopping Mall and Lippo Mall Kuta. 402 Rooms and suites overlook the gardens featuring contemporary Balinese furnishing plus a full range of modern amenities. Hotel facilities include a free form swimming pool with cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi, swim-up bar, health club and sauna, beach restaurant and spa. All rooms come with balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, safe deposit box, and free wi-fi internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Bintang Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort And Spa
- Ramada Bintang Bali Hotel Kuta
- Ramada Kuta
- Kuta Ramada
- Ramada Bintang Bali Resort Kuta