“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bali Dynasty Resort
Ranked #16 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a great time at this hotel the staff were very friendly the not far from the shops and waterbom park told all my friends and family to stay here I have booked to go back for New Years so I can't wait to go back the pool was good the rooms are clean

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your review on this forum. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back for New Year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We recently stayed here on a whim after our cruise in Singapore was cancelled. We had not stayed here since we took our kids 9 years ago. Both my husband and I loved it. We spent lots of time at the adults only pool area which is really nice and restful. We took full advantage of the pool Happy hours at noon and 5pm. The food at all hotel locations was sensational. From the fantastic buffet breakfast, to satays around the pool, to the Saturday night BBQ buffet (which was sensational). We had a Deluxe room and it was cleaned spotless every day. Loved the large shower head and having a DVD player in the room. Very, very nice staff. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuziewooziePerth
I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us again after your last stay with us 9 years ago! I have noted that you enjoyed the pool area, happy hour, the food and the other facilities. Thanks again for sharing you experience with us and we hope to see you back again sooner next time!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Dynasty because of the pool slide which is still great as we've stayed there before. However for the price I think there maybe better places to stay. I like the location and the staff are lovely.
The food is a average and the drinks expensive for the quality.
Unfortunately the other guests let the place down. I've never heard so many swearing parents in my life. To say this hotel is mostly for kids I think the hotel may need to put a sign up requesting parents watch their poor language.
The other down side is there is no free wifi. As I was still working while on holiday I decided to pay for wifi during our stay. The wifi was extremely slow so I think next time I'll find a hotel offering free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mantispest
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I have noted your concerns with regards to the other guests’ misdemeanor. Indeed this is one of our greatest challenges and we do conduct staff training to this effect to deal with this situation since indeed we do not want to tolerate poor behavior and would have no hesitation in kicking people out who behave in a poor manner. Rest assured this matter will be addressed with the respective staff and it is a top priority of the management to ensure that we do have a controlled environment in which everyone can have an enjoyable time.

With regards to the free wi-fi, unfortunately the cost to provide a good speed and service in Indonesia is not that cheap. In order to provide our guests with the best value we offer a variety of flexible payment options, one of which is the $5 daily add on to the room rate for the duration of your stay giving you unlimited access to the internet. We also provide free internet in most of our restaurants and bars for those who would just like to check messages and emails whilst dining or enjoying a drink.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to Bali and to the Dynasty and loved it. We never had any young children in our group, so never used all the facilities, but the location is wonderful. Can't wait to go back again soon.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Mc_JOz
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be wonderful. Thanks again for your review and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at The Dynasty in the last 6 years, I have stayed at others in Bali the other 14 times I have been. Over all it was all okay but very overpriced compared to staying therw previously. I got charged for using the fridge for milks and things for my toddler daughter. This was because I did not use anything from the mini bar. Pool facititiea are great, many restaurants and wifi of course although you are also charged for this. I guess I wanted more from $180 per night.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jye_Smith86
Thank you for your review on this forum and I have noted your feedback with regards to the minibar, this facility is for the convenience of in-room beverages and snacks and is considered as another hotel point of sales. Consequently the bars need to be restocked and checked daily involving manpower therefore should guests not wish to utilise this facility in preference to putting their own items in the minibar then a nominal charge is incurred for emptying the minibars and restocking again after departure. I trust you will appreciate this situation. I am sorry to learn that you felt our hotel was overpriced, however I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool facilities.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for a conference at the hotel, garden view deluxe room as noted by others here. It was fine, lots of families. Didn't have any problems it is just more suited to families than couples - kids around the pool are very boisterous!
Breakfast was included - reasonable buffet. Just a short walk to shops etc.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My recent stay at the Dynasty Bali has finally prompted me to start reviewing. We booked our stay via the hotel website and received an ok-ish USD rate but with our friends staying there we decided to give this one a try. However, our experience started at the airport, no transfer provided although this was booked and confirmed. On arrival we were served by Manager Sudar, no apology for forgetting us and then we were charged in Rupiah not USD for the room at a ridiculous exchange rate. Sudar then charged us x 3 times and luckily we checked the receipt before signing, again no apology and it took 10 mins for him to figure it out. We had items stolen from the room and when advising management they simply asked... anything else?
Additionally, breakfast is average, full of cashed up bogans and unless you have kids don't do it. Lock up your belongings, pay before you arrive or simply stay away as we will...!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Roger L
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our hotel and I am sorry that you did not have a good experience. I have checked your reservation made online and indeed there is no reservation for airport transfer although I see you had entered your flight details, so have asked our reservations to be more diligent about this in the future.
I am sorry with regards to the confusion on your arrival for the payment since the confirmation total was for the three nights however the Manager in charge misread this as a per night charge, however I believe this was immediately voided and corrected.
Being based in Indonesia I am sure you are aware that we are unable to accept payment in US$ and therefore we convert at the hotel bookkeeping rate which I believe on the day of your check in was Rp11.100, understandably this might have been a bit of a shock since it was around this time that the rupiah plunged in value.
I am sorry with regards to your lost comb which was reported to our Duty Manager when you were moving rooms. We checked the lockset on the door between the hours of 6pm and 11pm when you identified your comb missing and there was no record of anyone else entering your room. We are very safety conscious and have electronic locks on all doors and CCTV in all corridors which enables us to trace any such incident. Perhaps you felt that this matter was not taken seriously however the Duty Manager tried on several occasions to contact you in your room however you had the DND sign on.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit and understand that we are not everyone's choice and hope that on your next visit to Bali find something more suitable for your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel
#42 of 250 in Kuta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,485 reviews
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort? Share your experiences!