“Lovely hotel, but no respect for loyal customers.”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I am very disappointed with the service that dynasty provides. I have stayed in this hotel 8 or 9 times and have had my wedding reception in their grand ballroom, inviting over 30 family members to join and stay at dynasty. I love this hotel, but they do not respect VIP customers the way that you would expect a hotel would in Bali. If you are looking for good service in Bali, I do not recommend Bali Dynasty Hotel

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Barrboy
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort and the staff. I was rather shocked by your review and following further investigations established that on this visit you were not actually staying at our resort but chose to stay at a smaller hotel up the road and were therefore refused admission to the pool and the pool facilities.
The resort facilities are strictly only for our resort guests, since space is limited and as I am sure you will appreciate people pay good money to stay at the Bali Dynasty Resort which is partly due to the extensive pool and recreational facilities on offer.
We certainly did not want to offend you by turning you away but hope you can appreciate our reasoning.

There are newer reviews for Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here in April 2012, had a great time with the extended family. We all had adjoining rooms as requested and had a wonderful time here. Staff were very friendly, efficient and nothing was a problem. Food was good in the restaurant & room service.
Only thing I would suggest is requesting a room closer to the pool or with pool view. It was a hassle trying to juggle day naps (2.5 & 5yo) with pool time for me. Lucky I was with family who could help out but if I wasn't, I would have spent the whole holiday in my room!!
The kids loved the water slide and the paddle pool next to the bar.
Probably wouldn't stay again, would like to try something different (i.e. a villa w own pool) but all in all I wouldn't 'not' recommend this.
Definitely a family hotel so if you want peace & quiet, this is not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Request one closer to the pool area for more convenience.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us, in particular the kids loved the water slide and the paddling pool which is now located next to the kids pool. I understand that you will try something different, however I am pleased to learn that you will recommend us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the bali dynasty resort in October for 6 nights and what can I say but WOW. This is the best resort for families. The staff are so friendly, there are plenty of places to eat, the pool areas are amazing, and the rooms were lovely. As we travelled with a couple and their two young kids (2 & 3) we had two rooms. The family room that they had was right next to the pool making it very convenient when the kids needed the toilet or a sleep. Our room was on the 3rd floor above theirs and we were very impressed with the housekeeping and the icy cold airconditioner (as it was very HOT while we were there). Yes it is loud but it is a family hotel and its not like its screaming naughty children, more like a lot of people having a good time. Even though I didnt have any kids with me, I would stay here again in a heart beat. I love that it was second nature for everyone to watch out for others kids and everyone was so relaxed if you are looking for a great family holiday, dont look past this hotel, it may be a little more expensive but definately worth the money (and the kids will love it!!!)

Room Tip: upgrade to a pool room especially if you have kids you'll thank yourself later
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank newstarts
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I was pleased you were happy with your recent stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and the services offered.
Thanks again for your review and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Bali Dynasty is the best resort I have been to.he staff are super friendly. There are 5 restaurants to choose from and they all have the best food. I would recommend this resort to everyone and although it is a fabulous family resort, I am single and loved it, it's so much fun. Words cannot describe how fantasticthis resort isd, and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mel J

Thank you for your review on this forum and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, in particular that you found the staff to be friendly and the food was to your liking. Thanks again for your comment and looking forward to welcoming you back to have another fantastic holiday with us

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We recently spent 11 nights at the hotel. The room was lovely and the kids loved the oragami towel animals. Great activities all the time for kids. The rooms were air conditioned to a very comfortable level and this ensured we slept so well. All staff were very friendly and the kids loved the lifesaver and the leprechaun. The kids club was great and the adult pool beautiful. Cheap cocktails and food was good. Pool was very deep so a bit annoying and it could be upgraded around the pool area, but great location and great resort.

Room Tip: Garden room was quiet but close enough to pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra M

I was pleased to read that your stay with us was enjoyable, in particular the kids activities, well-priced food and beverage as well as the comfortable room with AC. However I also noted your feedback with regards to the main pool, I am sorry to learn that your felt the pool was too deep, however we have lazy pool where you can relax. Thanks again for your review and we shall look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Was way too busy, too many kids running around causing chaos, way too loud at night when trying to sleep. Good rooms though. Comfy beds. Water pressure in the shower is great...
Front desk was extremely helpful. Waterslide in the kids section seems like a great idea and the babysitting service was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MakylaEmily

Thank you for your review on our resort. I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the noise from outside your room. I have asked our security and duty manager to be more vigilant in patrolling particularly both in the early morning and late evening. We are reviewing the signage to remind people to keep the noise down. Despite the above, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service from the front desk staff and appreciate the babysitting service.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

As a visiting travel agent for 4 days I had a wonderful stay here at the Bali Dynasty however, travelling with 2 other lads made it quite an interesting trip when the property is actually a family focused … we had a ball and met some nice people!

On arrival I was greeted warmly in a very large reception area and into me room which was large and modern as their lead in deluxe room… somehow I had views of the garden however there are deluxe rooms that face the pool (request this) I did an inspection of all room types and they are as is on the website, the Executive Suite took my liking so if you have that little extra $$$ ask for an upgrade on arrival and try your luck.

The restaurants served great meals at reasonable resort prices as expected for Bali, Lunch at H2O was enjoyed with traditional a burger & fries … was great! The Upper Deck above H2O is a great place to relax during sunset with a cocktail overlooking the pool, I also tried the Golden Lotus (Chinese Cuisine) …was a great meal, tried a few dishes I have not had in some time and the pricing was standard for any Chinese restaurant (…be sure to try their fried frogs legs! …yummo!)

Down stairs from reception there is a great Irish pub called Gracie Kelly’s … I wasn’t too sure how an Irish Pub would work in Bali however the walls are covered in great Irish memorabilia, you can’t smoke in the bar like most others in Bali but there is a smoking room. There was a band playing, strange to hear Irish music coming from the mouths of the Balinese… was good, watch out for the Glitter Green Midget!

Also where the Irish pub is there is a convenience store, Sen5se Restaurant where you can have breakfast as well as at H2O, and on Friday nights some of the locals set up a small market with the usual carvings, jewellery and paintings… I did check the prices and the haggle for costs wasn’t as bad as outside of the property.

I had a look at the spa and it was very clean, luxurious and tidy like all Bali resorts, the couples spa treatment room looked tempting…that’s if I had my girlfriend with me.

Location: 10 minute walk to Centro for real shopping (no haggling) … the quality is good there and there you can find leading brands, across the road from Centro is also Bubba Gump Restaurant and Waterbomb Park so you are close to everything.

There is more to this property, unfortunately I didn’t have enough time this trip to experience the all the Bali Dynasty….. I send hundreds of people here yearly and the property has clearly met all my expectations and I will continue to send them here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival and try your luck!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lapewesq

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel services and the facilities. Thanks again for your review and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Legian Beach Hotel
#15 of 87 in Legian
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!