“Beautiful resort”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Check in was fast and had arrange quiet room as per our request. We booked one executive suite for our parents and one deluxe room for myself and sis. Hotel was very thoughtful to link both rooms even the keys were link.
Rooms were clean. However our Deluxe room smell moudy and toilet smell too. Upon our feedback the staff brought us aroma burner which solve the problems.
In room dinning had great variety of choice and food were serve in super fast speed and taste good.
The beach just outside the hotel and a short walk to the main street have many shops, resturants and spa.
Will be back again to Dynasty the next time we travel to Bali.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing inner garden if you prefer quiet room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on our resort and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the Executive Suite and the interconnecting room. I am sorry that the room was musty on your arrival, this is probably due to the fact you were visiting in low season and the room had been empty for a few days however I will make sure that our housekeeping staff ensure the rooms are aired and freshened up in future to prevent this from happening. I am pleased that this isolated incident will not deter you from returning and we shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future we hope!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have been going to Bali every year for the past 5 years purely to stay at the Dynasty and see the staff. The first time we stayed there I was 8 years old and we have never been anywhere else since (I am now 21). The staff are all very friendly and will go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. The upper deck is a great place to relax and have a few drinks while watching the sun go down. We have made some great friends in the staff at the Dynasty and saying goodbye is always hard. The only thing I would alter is the high prices at Ashoka Day Spa. We always get our massages at Febris as their treatments are half the price. Overall the hotel and it's staff are beautiful and I think others need to appreciate the great service and facilities that the Dynasty has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2014
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thanks for posting your review and it is good to hear that despite growing up you still choose the Bali Dynasty Resort due to all the familiar friendly faces you have grown up with! I have noted your suggestion with regards to the Ashoka Spa and you will read in other posts on this forum that that little bit extra is worth it for the experience. We are only charging around AU$20 for a one hour massage which we would still consider very reasonable! Give it a try on your next visit and experience the difference!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed at the Bali Dynast Resort with our daughter and 5 year old grandaughter,we chose family pool access room .WOW! you step outside your room and there is pool with swim up bar also lay on sunbeds around pool and you have a flag to hold up and waiters/waitress come and get drink or snacks order.Great location can walk along beach front to kuta or roadside .cant wait to go again 5stars all round

Room Tip: pool acess rooms sleep 4
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kellyo64
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

my family and I stayed at the dynasty for 5 nights and I can say its very disappointing for example
1. during the booking process I was advised I was to pay in USD CASH, during checking in they asked how I wanted to pay (me looking confused as they had clearly stated in the booking document USD cash on arrival) so I asked what are my options, her response was credit card, aussie dollar or us dollar. since I had the US money I tried to pay with that, the attendant tried to refuse one of the notes as she advised in her opinion it was in poor condition after an argument of 5 minutes she reluctantly accepted it.

2. the room... opening the mini bar to find a half eaten chocolate bar and the fridge had been defrosting and it was full of water that spilled on to the floor and on me.

3. hot water.. what hot water at best the shower was luke warm

4. there was 2 tvs in our room and both could be operated by the same remote, this proved to be annoying especially when your toddler is sleeping and the tv in their room keeps on turning on when you change the channel on your TV.

5.on the second day we noticed a strange smell in the room and after a short time I started to feel lighted head and sick I had to leave the room to get fresh air. I soon found out that they were painting the rooms below us and the paint fumes were being blown into our room via the air conditioner. I asked to have my room changed for this reason, dynasty obliged and offered the room next door which obviously had the same issue, I had to strongly refuse that room and request a room that was no where near the painting.

6. don't waste your money on the room service, you get significantly better tasting and cheaper food just out side the hotel.

7. no free WIFI

8 transfers not included

you pay enough for the hotel they should not keep on making you pay extra...

the good side, the baby sitters were great I can recommend them and the hotel did let us have a late check out at no charge.

I personally will not be going back to the dynasty.

Room Tip: stay else where
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank beau h

Dear Beau

Thank you for posting your feedback on our resort. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion.
With regards to your payment , at no stage did we request US$, in response to your email on the 13th January when you enquired as to why your card had not been charged, in response we stated that "payment can be done on arrival" assuming you would be using your card. I apologise for the issue of the minibar and the hot water issue. our "Tell Me!" programme is designed to encourage guests to feedback to us when things are not right which we can accept happen from time to time and enable us to correct these issues on the spot so that your stay will meet your expectations. We have no record on any of our logs relating to the issues above and had we known we could have addressed those at the time.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the room service however I see from your invoice that you continued to order room service on the night before your departure. I have just been travelling around Australia on business and all the hotels that I was staying in were charging around $25 per day for internet so I feel that the $5 that we charge is certainly not overcharging!
I am sorry for your bad experience on this occasion and as I am sure you can see on this forum there are many positive reviews, I appreciate the hotel may not suit all tastes and am sorry to hear that you will not be returning again

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Bali Dynasty for the last 5 nights of our 16 night holiday in Bali. Yes, it is a nice resort. With beautiful warm staff, who will do almost anything to keep you happy, nothing is too much trouble. On arrival we checked in and were informed that our room was on the other side of the hotel, a long way away from the pool, but if we pay $10US a night more we can be closer to the pool. Considering we have 4 young children, we agreed to the move. It felt like a calculated move on the Dynasties behalf considering it is the wet season. The water slides are great for the kids. The kids club is full of caring staff, and they do great activities with the children. Lunch costs 60,000 rupiah per child per day. The kids loved the food and said there was enough to eat. We also hired a babysitter to look after our 3 year old, who always wanted to stay with our other children at the kids club. We did this once and it was on the last day. It cost about 260,000 rupiah for about 5 or 6 hours. She was very caring and doesn't leave your child's side. Even in the pool, they are with them the whole time. We were confident when we dropped them off, that they were in good, safe hands. The breaky is nice with a beautiful array of fresh fruit, all your normal hot cook ups and good quality coffee brewed in a machine available for 20,000 rupiah each. We had lattes every morning, and they were beautiful. It would be a nice touch if these were free, considering you pay enough for your stay anyway. It's little things like this that make hotels stand apart from the crowd. The room was nice and the aircon was cold. We asked the staff to empty our mini bar, since we have 4 young children and we stock our own snacks and supplies. They complied and we were charged 40,000 rupiah for the service. The staff that make the rooms up are lovely and make animals out of the towels, which are great for the kids. If you want WiFi in your room at the Dynasty, they charge you $5US a day. An archaic charge considering you can pop into any coffee shop in Bali and get free WiFi and countless other hotels aswell. A cash grab if I've ever seen one! There is free WiFi in the lobby, which is so huge you could park a bus in there and not get noticed. Lacks a certain charm that other hotels have in spades. Airport transfers were not included in our room price, they were happy to charge 260,000 rupiah for the service. The airport is less than 10minutes away. We did get this charge waived after complaining. Overall, the Bali Dynasty is a nice hotel, capitilising on it's patronage as often as possible. There motto should be "If they stay, make them pay......more"

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd C
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a lengthy review on our resort and I was pleased to hear that on the whole you found the resort to be great value especially the kids lunches, the coffees and the babysitting services. I am sorry you feel that you need to "pay more" however this is not meant to be the case, we have 8 different room types and indeed prior to arrival guests don't always know what they have booked and therefore subject to availability at the time we do upsell to other room categories which might be more suited to the guests. With regards to the Wifi, the internet is not cheap to provide and the infrastructure and bandwidth is obviously a lot more complicated than a cafe or restaurant (where indeed we provide free wifi) therefore we do make a nominal charge for wifi access in the comfort of your room at US$5 per day which when comparing to my recent trip around Australia where I was charged $25 + per day is I feel very reasonable!
Thanks again for your input and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at the bali dynasty for 6 nights with my husband and 2 children aged 8 and 10. Had a fabulous time never heard the kids say I'm bored once, hotel staff were absolutely fabulous in every aspect and very happy to help with anything we needed. Activities were always available to keep the children entertained will definatly be returning on our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your recent review and I am glad to hear the kids had a great time with all the activities going on and I am pleased that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in the last leg of our vacation to Indonesia. The hotel is located in the touristy area of Kuta though the beach behind the hotel was disappointing. But a 10 minutes walk can take u to Kuta beach which was popular among locals. The staff at the counter was courteous and did let us have a late check out at no cost. The wifi was chargeable @ 5 usd per day unlimited and has to be paid for all the days of stay. Two users could log in and the speed was good. The room was spacious with a small balcony too, we could opt for a poolside on upgrade, but since we wanted quiet we did not opt for it. The pool sure was the noisiest place with all activities happening there. The kids pool and the water slides looked good. The main pool was the place where people hung out all day and it was good. The spa was good too. There was a list of daily activities planned for all ages. Everyday, we had an animal made out of towel origami waiting on our bed :) There were 3 restaurants and we tried all of them. There was an Irish pub, a proper Chinese restaurant, an all day eatery and a small cafe. The lawns were well maintained and it was exclusive inside the hotel though the entrance was on a busy road. The hotel was well maintained with the staff scrubbing the floors off the sand all the time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to share your views on this forum and I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others! I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Grand Inna Kuta
Grand Inna Kuta
#38 of 253 in Kuta
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!