“Good for families, not so for couples”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute because my regular was fully booked. Althought the hotel is very nice and I cant fault the rooms or the grounds, I would not have stayed there if I had realised it was a "family hotel". We were just a couple, so having kids around everywhere was not ideal for us - but Im sure its great if you are a family! It was my husbands 50th birthday, and to our surprise a birthday cake was delivered to our room free of charge, so that was a really thoughtful touch. Breakfast was ok, but I have stayed in other hotels in Kuta where the breakfast was far superior. We had a garden room overlooking a temple across the lane way which was nice and quiet. We were lucky enough to see some little "tupai" jumping and frolicking about in the tree tops early in the morning - they wer so cute!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place a review and I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and appreciated the cake for your husband's birthday. Although we are a family resort there are plenty of areas in which you can escape the kids and in fact we tend to attract quite a lot of mature couples. I am sorry our breakfast did not live up to your expectation, normally we receive nothing but compliments, but I would be interested to hear your recommendations as to what else you would like to see. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,720)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have stayed twice at the Dynasty- its great for young families (under 10) there are heaps of activities all the time. We were frustrated about the very slow wi-fi and lack of it but we did get feedback from them that they are looking into this.
The spa is divine and the food is great. We would not come here without our children but I think its great if you have kids- they are always entertained and you feel safe and welcomed.

1  Thank franknbettyPerth
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum and I was pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that the resort catered well to families with kids. I am pleased to advise that there is now free wifi in the public areas for guests to use and we are looking into the issues of deadspots in certain areas and can oversome this with an additional modem. I hope that if you travel again to Bali you will choose the Bali Dynasty resort!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This resort was fantastic. Good location. Clean, modern rooms. Great pool and bar scene. Excellent ammenities and services. I loved hanging out at the resort probably more than going outside of it. My days consisted of a fantastic buffet breakfast, followed by a swim in the clean pool, getting a 1-hour foot massage pool side with drinks and food delivered to me for awesome prices. Ending the day, I would have a shower in the very clean and well serviced bathrooms and then fall into my king sized bed to watch a movie on my LCD with DVD player (that played the $1 DVDs I bought on the street). I would most definitely stay here again and recommend to all those with families. Only issues I had was that our key cards failed once or twice (which was quickly remedied by reception) and that the room would sometimes get very wet due to the mixture of humidity of the weather and incorrect setting (by myself) of the air conditioning. These were only small though.
All in all, great fantastic place!

Room Tip: Request a pool side room if you like to be near the fun
1  Thank djhailz

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our resort and for pointing out the DVD players which are standard in all rooms enabling people to enjoy the cheap movies that are on sale. Thanks for pointing out the issue with the keycards which we are reviewing and also the dampness of the room which is caused at this time of the year by the high humidity and difference between the inside and outside temperatures. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our family (myself, husband & 2 boys- 9 & 10} have just experienced the best family holiday at this wonderful resort. The 1st class service provided by every single staff member has to be mentioned up front as it is clearly this high standard that Bali Dynasty are committed to that flows on to all other aspects of what is offered here. The rooms and resort grounds are kept immaculately clean with staff constantly attending to everything. Our room was in the best position, overlooking the pools, ocean, gorgeous adults only garden area & spa, both pool bars, H20 upper and lower decks and we could even sit on our 3rd floor balcony and watch our boys playing in The Den in the distance. The restaurants and food are fantastic ...we loved the breakfast buffet at H20, Gracie Kelly's and Golden Lotus. So many fun activities were offered every day for kids and adults that you really don't need to leave the resort if you need a break from Bali tourist atttractions. The resort is set back from the road with excellent security and beautiful gardens so it was easy to feel like we were right at home with the privacy and security. Thank you so much for everything. We will definitely be back to Bali Dynasty in future. Sharyn, Rob, Jaryd and Harrsion :)

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Executive Suite as it was offered as available and we took it due to the hug...
1  Thank Sharyn07

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Bali Dynasty and indeed I agree with you that our staff are our biggest asset in that they go our of their way to assist our guests with whatever they need! I am pleased to read you will be coming back again in the near future and sure you are aware as a returnee you will be entitled to lots of value added benefits!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is close to airport, its only about 10 mins (or less) drive away without traffic. Nice modern hotel with great kiddy pool which my two young kids (2 yr and 3yr) enjoyed everyday throughout our stay. The hotel also have big fun slide. Hotel is very clean, pool and the surrounding area is very well kept and service is great. However, my review is based on low season, thus the hotel is quite quiet. We are however a bit disappointed by the size of the room as the family studio room that we stayed in are quite small and the kids' room (with bunk bed) is only partly separated from our room (therefore not full mark, and also have to pay for internet!!). The hotel breakfast is good too. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and will definitely recommend to friends and people with young children.

Room Tip: For people with young children, highly recommend pool facing room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lilyfabuloso

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to read that overall you were happy with the resort facilties especially the Kids Water Fun Zone! I am pleased to advise that we have introduced free wifi in all the public areas for guests convenience in the future. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had such a fun time at the Dynasty. Room was spotless and a good size for our family of 2 adults and 2 children. (King bed and set of bunks + a trundle)We loved the different towel origami each day. Heaps of activities for kids and adults. Great location close to shopping, dinner and Water Bom park. Plenty of choice with breakfast and Gracie Kelly's Irish pub onsite was fun. No need to leave the resort at all if you don't want to as there is restaurants, mini mart, pubs, massage, hair and shopping. Beach access with stalls to get your "Bali shopping" if you wish. Our kids did 4 trapeze lessons each and learnt many tricks which they loved and were able to advance really quickly due to the fantastic instructors. They would of been happy to do the lessons everyday if they could of. Staff throughout the resort were wonderful. We had a pool view room which was also the best because we could sit on the balcony and watch the action or step off and be part of the action. Not sure we could stay anywhere else now we have been to the Dynasty.

Room Tip: We loved the pool view room - ground level. So easy to come in and out of room. Great for people wat...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to reads that you were happy with the room and its' cleanliness as well as enjoyed all the facilities of the resort including our High Flyers Trapeze school. As a resort we do endeavour to cater for everyone's needs! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Really can't be beaten in price, service and standard!

The hotel is situated in a great spot. Easy to get around to different places by walking - either along the road or out the back by the beach - feels very safe
Some good restaurants close by
And a quick walk to Starbucks :-)
As I have a baby we chose to eat at the hotel a few nights and it is very comparable to outside ( unless you're looking for cheaper warungs)

H20 Is by far my favourite Breaky buffet almost anywhere
Senses had the same food - but I much prefer the friendly staff by the pool

The entrance to the hotel is good and the long drive way complete with gardens and security is lovely.
with all the new hotels that are popping up every where with no gardens and very limited space this is a selling point on it's own!

I regularly stay I hotels villas in Bali,Singapore etc I have to admit that the Bali dynasty resort is a favourite of mine and my extended family. We first stayed in 1991 and have been coming back ever since .. The resort maintains the grounds and the hotel with upgrades and renovations - I don't like the pale green paint in the rooms, but that's a personal thing- :-).

The staff in the H20 restaurant are fantastic - very well trained and should be acknowledged and applauded - for their high standard .. After a recent trip to Singapore in a 4.5 star hotel I can honestly say the staff at the dynasty hotel are first rate!

I don't like paying $5 USD for Internet! Especially coz the reception isn't the best !

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lisa R

Thank you for your detailed review on our resort. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us once again and you will be pleased to learn that Free Wifi is now available in the public areas of the hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Padma Resort Legian
#2 of 87 in Legian
1 mi away
Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!