“Lovely resort cum hotel”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #17 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Lovely resort cum hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This Bali Dynasty resort and hotel in Kuta at Bali has excellent location. Has a spacious rooms and the breakfast spread is also good. They has good ambiance. If I try to take rest int afternoon it is impossible since there are noisy kids activities.

Room Tip: This is two storied resorts but very confusing lay out. The spa is very expensive. Senior citizen li...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the room facilities and the breakfast however found it a little noisy in the afternoon. We do have a variety of rooms available and would recommend a deluxe garden view room which is more peaceful should you decide to return again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mullaloo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel really does cater for families with kids. The resort has everything u need. During the day we stayed around the pool with the twins and my 3 yr old loved the water slide. Big down fall is no free WIFI (must be the only hotel that you have to purchase wifi) the massage ladies were a little pushy and when you said no they'd hang around and listen to your conversations hoping that you'd change your mind (that was annoying) overall a fabulous place and will definitely return. Staff are super friendly, clean place and exceeded my expectations

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on this forum and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and am pleased to advise you that we have recently implemented complimentary wifi in the public areas! We shall look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Bira, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute because my regular was fully booked. Althought the hotel is very nice and I cant fault the rooms or the grounds, I would not have stayed there if I had realised it was a "family hotel". We were just a couple, so having kids around everywhere was not ideal for us - but Im sure its great if you are a family! It was my husbands 50th birthday, and to our surprise a birthday cake was delivered to our room free of charge, so that was a really thoughtful touch. Breakfast was ok, but I have stayed in other hotels in Kuta where the breakfast was far superior. We had a garden room overlooking a temple across the lane way which was nice and quiet. We were lucky enough to see some little "tupai" jumping and frolicking about in the tree tops early in the morning - they wer so cute!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place a review and I was pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and appreciated the cake for your husband's birthday. Although we are a family resort there are plenty of areas in which you can escape the kids and in fact we tend to attract quite a lot of mature couples. I am sorry our breakfast did not live up to your expectation, normally we receive nothing but compliments, but I would be interested to hear your recommendations as to what else you would like to see. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali!
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have stayed twice at the Dynasty- its great for young families (under 10) there are heaps of activities all the time. We were frustrated about the very slow wi-fi and lack of it but we did get feedback from them that they are looking into this.
The spa is divine and the food is great. We would not come here without our children but I think its great if you have kids- they are always entertained and you feel safe and welcomed.

1 Thank franknbettyPerth
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on this forum and I was pleased to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that the resort catered well to families with kids. I am pleased to advise that there is now free wifi in the public areas for guests to use and we are looking into the issues of deadspots in certain areas and can oversome this with an additional modem. I hope that if you travel again to Bali you will choose the Bali Dynasty resort!
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This resort was fantastic. Good location. Clean, modern rooms. Great pool and bar scene. Excellent ammenities and services. I loved hanging out at the resort probably more than going outside of it. My days consisted of a fantastic buffet breakfast, followed by a swim in the clean pool, getting a 1-hour foot massage pool side with drinks and food delivered to me for awesome prices. Ending the day, I would have a shower in the very clean and well serviced bathrooms and then fall into my king sized bed to watch a movie on my LCD with DVD player (that played the $1 DVDs I bought on the street). I would most definitely stay here again and recommend to all those with families. Only issues I had was that our key cards failed once or twice (which was quickly remedied by reception) and that the room would sometimes get very wet due to the mixture of humidity of the weather and incorrect setting (by myself) of the air conditioning. These were only small though.
All in all, great fantastic place!

Room Tip: Request a pool side room if you like to be near the fun
1 Thank djhailz
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our resort and for pointing out the DVD players which are standard in all rooms enabling people to enjoy the cheap movies that are on sale. Thanks for pointing out the issue with the keycards which we are reviewing and also the dampness of the room which is caused at this time of the year by the high humidity and difference between the inside and outside temperatures. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our family (myself, husband & 2 boys- 9 & 10} have just experienced the best family holiday at this wonderful resort. The 1st class service provided by every single staff member has to be mentioned up front as it is clearly this high standard that Bali Dynasty are committed to that flows on to all other aspects of what is offered here. The rooms and resort grounds are kept immaculately clean with staff constantly attending to everything. Our room was in the best position, overlooking the pools, ocean, gorgeous adults only garden area & spa, both pool bars, H20 upper and lower decks and we could even sit on our 3rd floor balcony and watch our boys playing in The Den in the distance. The restaurants and food are fantastic ...we loved the breakfast buffet at H20, Gracie Kelly's and Golden Lotus. So many fun activities were offered every day for kids and adults that you really don't need to leave the resort if you need a break from Bali tourist atttractions. The resort is set back from the road with excellent security and beautiful gardens so it was easy to feel like we were right at home with the privacy and security. Thank you so much for everything. We will definitely be back to Bali Dynasty in future. Sharyn, Rob, Jaryd and Harrsion :)

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Executive Suite as it was offered as available and we took it due to the hug...
1 Thank Sharyn07
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Bali Dynasty and indeed I agree with you that our staff are our biggest asset in that they go our of their way to assist our guests with whatever they need! I am pleased to read you will be coming back again in the near future and sure you are aware as a returnee you will be entitled to lots of value added benefits!
Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is close to airport, its only about 10 mins (or less) drive away without traffic. Nice modern hotel with great kiddy pool which my two young kids (2 yr and 3yr) enjoyed everyday throughout our stay. The hotel also have big fun slide. Hotel is very clean, pool and the surrounding area is very well kept and service is great. However, my review is based on low season, thus the hotel is quite quiet. We are however a bit disappointed by the size of the room as the family studio room that we stayed in are quite small and the kids' room (with bunk bed) is only partly separated from our room (therefore not full mark, and also have to pay for internet!!). The hotel breakfast is good too. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and will definitely recommend to friends and people with young children.

Room Tip: For people with young children, highly recommend pool facing room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lilyfabuloso
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I was pleased to read that overall you were happy with the resort facilties especially the Kids Water Fun Zone! I am pleased to advise that we have introduced free wifi in all the public areas for guests convenience in the future. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Padma Resort Legian
#3 of 84 in Legian
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,328 reviews
Kuta Seaview Boutique Resort & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!