“Very nice but expensive”

Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel
Ranked #16 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here in June 14 in a family room.
Room was very nice and beds very comfortable although the automatic airconditioner setting when we were out of the room was so low it left the room like a fridge and cold to sleep in but better than being hot.
The pool area is very nice and the kids spent hours there very happily.
The buffet breakfasts were excellent, as were the 3 theme dinners we attended. There are plenty of other dining options close by.
We also had a meal in senses and that was very nice.
I discovered the Irish Pub too late in our stay but it looked excellent.
I agree with other people that the cost for wi-fi is a joke and it was unreliable, we had better wi-fi for free in cafes we spent $20 in on a meal, so you would expect more from a $300 a night resort.
The other negative for me was the cost of drinks in the resort. Bintangs were around $4.50 AU compared to around $2.50 in other nearby places. It was a much better option to have a sunset beer at Kuta beach than at the hotel.
Overall a great place for kids and for the most part good value for money with a friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RKelsall, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience with us. Thank you for pointing out the issue with the Air conditioning being too cold and we will adjust this! I am pleased that you found the quality of the restaurants to your liking. Unfortunately we cannot be compared to smaller restaurants on the streets when it comes to pricing since now only is there a different "cost" price for hotels versus Warungs but we are also subject to a higher tax and service charge. In order to overcome this we do offer twice daily happy hours at the pool bars where you can enjoy half price drinks. I am pleased that despite this you found it good value which we do try to compensate for with all the other free activities and entertainment to ensure you have an enjoyable stay in our resort. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were stay 3 night at Bali Dynasty Hotel early of June 2014 . The service of front desk is nice and fast. Our room is on the side of hotel whereby it's more quiet compare to pool side. We are family of three, 2 adults and 1 kid.

Overall, the facility is ok.. The service at Sense is better than the H20 , the pool side. The Irish Pub located lower floor is nice and enjoyable. If you like live band, you may enjoy and good for family reunion . It's suitable for both adult and kids.

The spa is average and the price is ok,

The wifi is below my expectation, should have in room without paying and the signal is also not stable.. It's only available at lobby and some place near to facility.

The security is good .

In overall, the resort is nice and look forward to be here in near future....

Room Tip: Say No to Pool side room if dislike noise
1  Thank Teoh K

Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and highlighting both the positives as well as the negatives which we will take on board your suggestions and try and improve. I was pleased that despite these minor flaws you will return again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids under the age of 10), and as our first experience of Bali, with very little research done pre-trip, we felt pretty lucky to find Bali Dynasty for a family holiday. Good points included friendly staff, great waterslide, trapeze lessons and water play area, great adult pool. The downside of the hotel was it was all a bit tired....the room was OK, but the linen smelled of cigarette smoke, the toiletries were un-usable, there was no kids pool appropriate for the 5 year old to play in without an adult being in the pool with him as it was too deep for him to stand up. The food was ordinary at best, and very westernized (in a really bad, cheap way). Even the food at the themed Bali night in H2O restaurant was ghastly. The entertainment was cheap and tacky, although the kids seemed happy with it. The "buckets" the cocktails were served in had mildew where the handle attaches to the bucket, many of the pool lounges had broken wicker where you lie/sit, and the woodwork decking adjacent to the pool bar had thick mould between the planks.
Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, and the kids had a ball..... but I'm not sure we would choose the same location next time. For the price conscious with a young family I would recommend it. For those that are a touch more discerning, despite the handy location and child-friendly amenities I would look around.

Room Tip: If you don't intend to spend much time in your room and you have 3 kids, the bunk/trundle in the...
4  Thank Jane K

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and highlight the positives as well as suggestions for improvements. We do cater to a certain family market and you will see from this forum that on the whole (except for the occasional hiccup) we do cater for the family market quite well which means adapting our menu selection and entertainment to that market. I appreciate we are not for everyone and indeed respect your comment that perhaps next time as a discerning customer you might select something a bit more upmarket. Rest assured your comments are taken positively and we will review the shortfalls that you highlighted.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just came back from 3 nights stay (from 17 Jun 2014) in deluxe room. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young kids. To summarise:

Good points:
1. Great swimming pool, with awesome huge slide.
2. Added extra bed and the space in the room is still ok.
3. Staff were mostly polite.

Not so good points:
1. Unacceptable to not have WIFI in the rooms, unless separately paid for. Free WIFI in lobby also not good.
2. We asked for late check out at 1230pm when checked in. Receptionist said ok. But 1 day before check out, rec'd a letter reminding us of 11am check out time and any delay will attract late charges. Such a dampener. Got to reconfirm that we do have late check out.
3. Had buffet dinner at H2O on Wed, pathetic food and cheap magic show. Really waste our time.
4. Breakfast was average and clearing of tables was slow.
5. For 2 mornings, housekeeping knock on our door at 8am plus. Strange timing for housekeeping.
6. Should give mineral water in plastic bottles, not glass bottles which we cannot bring out.
7. The hot flask in the room was very dirty and we had to ask for replacement.

Have high expectations of the resort but felt disappointed.

Heidi

2  Thank Huihsien

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. Free wifi is available in the public areas of the hotel. I am sorry for the miscommunication about the late checkout however you seem to have received the standard checkout message by mistake and this was an oversight by our front office team. We actually receive quite favourable feedback about our buffet selections and themed night dinner which the families enjoy. The water is provided in your room for washing your teeth since the tap water in non potable and therefore should you wish to have water whilst you are outside the hotel you may purchase this from either the minibar or minimart. I will address the issue of the housekeeping service and the kettle with my housekeeping team. I am sorry these matters disappointed you and as you may see from other comments and suggestions on this forum the items you highlighted are very isolated incidences.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just got back from our Bali trip. We stayed 3 nights at Bali Dynasty. Despite last year's horrible experience we had with 1 of the "hotel technicians" entering the room without prior arrangement or knocking, we decided to give it another try as the kids likes the pool.
Sad to say this time, is another disappointment again. We stayed in a delux room for 1st night as the hotel is full and arranged to up-grade to a Kids Suits for next 2 nights in order to have more space. The suit room was pungent with strong urine smell. I was surprised the hotel would actually rent out the room given such condition. The house-keeping ought to settle the smell before they even let out the unit. I asked to transfer to another room immediately. The DVD player in the room not working and my husband has to try to fix and reconnect it.
The staffs are ok with their service. The porters are very friendly but the front desks staffs were RUDE! We called to asked for late check-out, they responded by saying "No" in a hostile manner and if we exceeded beyond we need to PAY US$50. They should have simply decline by telling us the hotel is full and not to use $$ as a form of "punishment" for us.
Breakfast was nothing fantastic. On my 3th morning there, I picked up 2 small muffins wanting to bring to my kids who had rush towards the pool side. Immediately the restaurant staff came and tell me I cannot bring food out and will need to pay 5000 rupia for each muffins! I had to explain to him those 2 miserable muffins were for my kids at the pool and I am still having my breakfast at the table. He still insist guest have to pay. I was frustrated and asked him to take back the muffins but he refused and even told me he'll let me have them this time but not again. I threw the muffins away.
The kids club staffs are alright but not passionate with their job. They looked tired and not very happy sort. My son was bored and refused to join them the 2nd time.
We stayed 5 days at Westin Nusa Dua prior coming to Kuta area, I must say on the whole the hotel has a lot to catch up with their service standard. The staffs do not seem to understand they are working in the hospitality industry and customer service and guest satisfaction ought to be the upmost priority.

This will be our last stay with Bali Dynasty.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony facing the entrance pond/ main lobby are darker and dirty. Family suits are gre...
7  Thank Cheezeb

Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and for returning to give us another try. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and apologise that the room did not smell fresh on arrival. The intense humidity does sometimes impact the rooms on the ground floor and we are looking at ways to address this issue. I think if you read through the reviews on this forum of which many also compliment the kids suites you will see that your comments are very isolated. I am sorry that you felt offended that the staff stopped you from taking food from the buffet outside the restaurant however this is our policy as is common with most "buffet" operations. I am pleased that you found the Westin more to your expectation and I do appreciate that we do not cater to everyone's tastes, the Westin is a 5 star resort whereas the Bali Dynasty is a 4 star resort and therefore there will be differences in the overall experience and services provided.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

this is great place for holiday very clean tidy and quiet for the rest. close to the airport, access to the beach and the shopping mall is very close. This hotel is also very suitable for a family vacation spot because it has a few small playground for children. where the staff are also very friendly

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kris M

Thanks for taking the time to compliment our resort and highlight the excellent location. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very near to the Airport. We booked this hotel as we had early morning return fight. Room was clean. Staff are excellent. Service was good. They even delivered simple breakfast at 4 AM to our room as we need to checkout @4:30AM. Kids pool was excellent. My Kid really enjoyed. Hotel is old but well maintained.

Queens India restaurant is near the entrance of the hotel. Food at the restaurant was really excellent.

FREE-WIFI in the lounge is really pathetic.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the new wing.
2  Thank Krishna_Chennai

Thanks for taking the time to review our resort and highlight the points you most appreciated. Thanks for pointing out the issue with the free wifi in the lobby which we will address! I hope that you will still consider the Bali Dynasty Resort on your next trip to Bali!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Hilton Bali Resort
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
Febri's Hotel & Spa

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!