We were a little hesitant about staying again as our trip in 2013 was a little bit of a let down, however, we are glad we persevered.
Travelled with 3 children (13, 11 & 7) so this time took adjoining rooms. Having 2 bathrooms (& 2 toilets) was a blessing. HOWEVER, the beds are like concrete. We stayed for 11 nights and could not have tolerated another night of the hard bed. We did ask our housekeeper about changing the bed but it was either lost in translation or you get what you are given (not sure).
We had breakfast at both Senses and H2O (which was included now in a family package). It was quite nice and we always look forward to our Bali bananas and to see what watermelon creation is on display.
We also had a number of theme dinners at H2O which were very nice and good value with 2 children being free. Our oldest is now 13 and is classed as an adult so we did notice a difference in our bill at the end of our stay.
We also experienced our first Dim Sum Sunday at Golden Lotus and were really impressed. Would recommend it highly.
Nice to sit around the pool with a mango slushy and club sandwich whilst the lovely ladies provide a leg massage or paint your nails.
We went on the Jimbaran Fishing Village tour provided by the hotel and found it a very interesting insight into the locals' lives.
The staff are the stars of this hotel. It is lovely to see the same lovely people there each time you visit, particularly Jonny, Hendra and Astri.
The rooms were kept extremely clean by Darling who was a very nice man.
Security staff are both pleasant and reassuring.
I guess the two let downs were:-
1. Free wi-fi in restaurants but you could only access social media and not check emails or the internet.
2. On our last day I asked Guest Relations if they would check that our flight time had not been changed. I was told I had to do it myself at the tour office/internet lounge (where I would need to purchase internet time). There was a 15 minute voucher provided to us which I had already used to web check-in our flight. This was a disappointing response from a hotel which prides itself on service and left a bit of a sour taste on our last day.
Overall a much more positive experience than last time and we enjoy the location. We would stay again if we could arrange a soft bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Dynasty Resort is a 5-star premier beachside resort in South Kuta, renowned for its warm Balinese hospitality. The property offers six restaurants, five bars, three swimming pools, a comprehensive spa, exercise room, beach club, kids and teens club, meeting facilities and a complimentary Hospitality Lounge for those early arrivals and late departures.The unique layout allows for a subtle but effective division between the couples market and the family market. Couples can enjoy the famous Gracie Kelly's Irish Pub and relax at the adults-only Lazy Pool. Kids can enjoy the Kids Water Fun Zone and a 56-metre waterslide flowing into their own pool adjacent to which lies the Enchanted Garden Kids' Club. A wide variety of rooms catering to the family market are available, sleeping up to five people. The resort is conveniently located within ten minutes drive from the airport on the vibrant South Kuta Beach strip. It is within walking distance to the shopping centre and mall, art markets, Waterbom Park and an extensive choice of restaurants, nightspots and entertainment venues. Free Wi-Fi is available at lobby area and restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Dynasty Hotel Kuta
- Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel Kuta
- Hotel Bali Dynasty