“Lovely”

Ranked #54 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Darwin, Australia
“Lovely”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just stayed at the Kuta Beach Club for 9 days- I couldnt fault the place. Come home to a nice clean room every day even if we left stuff on the bed we would return with a made bed and our stuff exactly where we left it. The pool was nice and the area was clean. However, it would be good if they could wipe down the walls in the rooms upon check out as one wall was really dirty. Didn't bother me however it would have made a big difference. Also don't eat at the restruant every meal we had there was terrible! But there are many nice restruants nearby so we always ate out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SummerDays60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 13 amazing nights here last week. I had been recommended this hotel from my auntie who has stayed here a few times. I had seen a number of different reviews on this hotel before we left and now after our stay I will say this!!!! WOW WOW WOW, now a few things..... This is a 3 -3.5 star hotel so any review suggested its below that has no idea what they're talking about! I have been to Bali a number of times and have stayed in places in both Kuta and Seminyak ranging from upmarket to cheap n nasty. And this hotel is FANTASTIC!! You defiantly get what you paid for. At a very affordable 50AU per night this is a GREAT HOTEL. We were originally put in a room down the back which was quite large and quite modern and had clearly had recent work done to it, unfortunately we needed to shift rooms because my dad had a foot injury and was unable to climb the stairs. The staff at Kuta beach club were absolutely perfect about it and moved us the following day into a bungalow at the front of the resort so my father had less walking etc!!! They were so very very lovely and accommodating about this. Our bungalow had a lovely sitting area and side garden, the room was not as large but the bathroom was a good size. This room had slightly dated furniture and was certainly in need of a new paint job etc but was on par with EVERYWHERE in Bali with the standard of bathrooms and restaurants everywhere. Our room was always cleaned beautifully and our sheets changed daily!!! The free massage and lunch we received were great and a welcomed surprise :) breakfast was again what you paid for and the staff were very obliging in cooking your eggs and bacon. Meals in the restaurant were very cheap -a burger with fries and a beer for $3.90AU.The pool area is up there with some of the best in 5 star resorts and there is plenty of lounge chairs and we were always able to find a spot even when it was busy. The staff were just beautiful a special thanks to Warnie who every morning or afternoon would take the time to come and say hello to us all. She was so lovely and Wayan on the front desk who always said hello and asked how our day was and also helped us book some tours :) :) to sum this hotel up if you want a good, cheap, family friendly, perfect location, amazing staff hotel then the KUTA BEACH CLUB is it.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Skelts02
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone. The staff are lovely. The pool guy Jimmy was awesome, playing ping pong and helping out wherever he could.
Not sure why people complain. Brekky has a choice of eggs any way, noodles, hash browns, toast, pastries, fruit, sausages, tomatoes and other. A combo of these changed daily. Juice watery but who cares. Ask for as much bacon as you want. Bed was very comfy. Air con working perfectly. Room clean, overlooking pool. I have stayed in big expensive hotel on beach and its so big you get lost. KBC you get to know heaps of people. There's a lovely atmosphere and gardens. Central located. Short walk to beach, stadium bar, shopping. I will stay again as do many others. Met ppl going there for 20 years.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Cashy2
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just arrived back from KBC stayed 9 days. Location very good, rooms around back are quiet, but don't get room 264 floods when rains, we got flooded twice only sent boy up with towels to mop up said he'd be back to check but never to be seen again. If you don't like eggs for brekky don't stay there not much else to choose from, mostly only one cereal and two fruits. If you like lying around pool got to get there with towel about 7 o'clock as Jimmy (pool boy) reserves chairs for regulars and you can't get one. Disgusting, people go out for the morning and these chairs are not being used (you're told to get off them by Jimmy). Tommy (manager) was told of this but nothing was done, any other property if the chair is not used within and hour of reserving the towel is taken off. There are better value properties to stay in same area with better breakfast. Overpriced for what you get here

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Barb261635
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed May 2013 based on the overall reviews by tripadvisor and was frankly disappointed. The staff were oblivious and not very helpful, unless they thought a tip was in the offing. We booked a double room, and arrived at about 1.30pm to find it not ready. When we finally did get into the room it was unclean and in desperate need of refurbishment. There was hair on the bathroom floor and on the bed, stains on the ceiling and walls - and I am talking major stains as though someone had dragged a corpse across the ceiling entrance!

PROS
Cheap price via comparison website
Handy pool and bar
Good central location
Balcony
Gardens within hotel well kept
Bar and swimming pool

CONS
No wifi
Tv signal intermittent
Dirty
Remains of previous occupants
Room falling to bits
Staff disengaged.

Would I stay here again - no not really the are too many better offerings in the immediate vicinity, at the same price.

Hope this helps others looking for accommodation! At least you know which one to avoid.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Javthethird
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Hotel is quite old but so full of character and charm, very helpful staff, thanks "Warnie" hehehehe I loved to meet you and you were so kind to me and most helpful during my stay in April/May just past. I was on my own for the week I stayed there, my friend had gone back to Jakarta but I was quite happy at the hotel. It is so close to Matahari and Discovery, can walk easily to both places, I loved it!!!! Room 228 was wonderful and comfortable and clean, very good domestic staff! I will stay here again I am sure!

Room Tip: Villas are better in my opinion and quite good value.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Warwick B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Ideally situated near Waterbom Park;Art Market,Discovery Mall,Kuta Beach and about fifteen restruants.We have stayed here on about 30 occasions and the rooms vary fromyuk to comfortable,Staff are3 lovely and most have been there for fifteen years or more.If not happy with room ask for another.Nice swimming pool and ver friendly.It is mainly on one level and not agreat distance from the street. Dayu one restruant is directly across the road and is the cheapest food in Kuta but also very safe to dine in.Also reccomend Sendok,Jensens,RamayaSportsman bar and of course Kuta Beach Club.Mata Hari Department strore,Gloria Jeans are three minutes away.Maccasalso.Buy your wate3r and knicknacks at the grocery section of Mata Hari.Selamat Jalan.

Room Tip: Value depends on the price you pay.Remember superior rooms are standard quality and de luxe rooms ar...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family