“Needs renovating urgently”

Kuta Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #60 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our room was clean until you stepped foot into the bathroom. There was soap left in the shower from the previous guests, I couldn't close the shower curtain because if I did the mould and grime on it made me feel sick and the bin was filthy. We only stayed for one nigh (thankfully) as we had an early flight the next morning however, we were kept awake by the evening entertainment which takes place directly in front of the majority of the rooms. The whole hotel looks tired and in an urgent need of a facelift! But the staff were friendly and the location was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Piplh

Reviewed 29 August 2013

There was a group of 9 that went to Bali and not one of us was satisfied with the service that we received at this hotel. The couples were given rooms with single beds and depending on who you spoke to they were willing to move you for money (we had already paid through our travel agent) The rooms were grotty. One had no hot water, one had mold, and apparently a mattress on the floor constitutes and third bed. There were mosquitoes that had nests in the rooms and repeated requests for spray were ignored or the reply was we can sell you some. Daily cleaning of the rooms was almost a non event, we had to call daily after the beds were made to request items such as toilet paper the "free water" that they tried to charge me for and hand towels or even towels. As for the pool, it was great when you could get a chair, you had to pay the pool guy for a chair otherwise they were "reserved"And do not get me started on the porter who after taking my bags to our room sat on the bed and put his feet up, turned on the TV and stayed until i told him to leave as he was making me uncomfortable. Considering that i usually go to Bali at least once a year to say i was disgusted is an understatement. The Balinese people usually offer great service and are more than friendly but this hotel left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: do not stay here at all unless they post that they have redone the whole hotel and replaced the staf...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank samanthastarshine
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've been to Bali many times and stayed in a number of different hotels always feeling confident to dine at the hotel restaurant. However, this place, never again! Thankfully I only spent a few nights here, most of the time curled up in bed in agony after getting food poisoning from a meal I ordered at the hotel restaurant. What didn't help my situation was that my bathroom was mouldy - walls, ceiling, and the sticky shower curtain. Nights were extremely uncomfortable, especially when large black cockroaches rustled through my bin and up my bedroom walls. This hotel is in desperate need of a major upgrade, insect exterminator, and just a bloody good clean!
In saying all of this, the pool and pool bar staff were lovely (pre food poisoning).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tanya R
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I just got back staying at this hotel from the 4th aug to 22 aug. Asked for Deluxe room. Sorry it wasn't deluxe at all. Firstly our toilet didn't flush. That got fixed after two days. Then we had no hot water for 4 days. And on the 4th day no water. We were in room 253 the smallest room I think in the whole hotel. The bath room was mouldy the floor, walls and ceiling. We also had few other things happen. Some one who cleans the rooms came back into our room after it was done and stole a sarong (that was given to my father who has passed away a treasured item). I also noticed the clothes I was buying for my son had been tried on, so I had to lock my suitcase all the time, which became a pain. We told the owner about the state of the hotel and how it is the regulars like ourselves that keep it going. She agreed but wasn't happy when we told her everyone was unhappy with the state of the rooms and breakfast. Got the final bar bill and they added on 45.00 for something we have no idea what for. They need to give you with your final tab bill every item you bought, so anything extra added on you can tell them. Will we be going back to this hotel that we have stayed at for over 30 years. More than likely Not. Staff great, food crap. rooms crap. some staff steal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jodie H
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Its 37 years old and is showing signs of that. Won't be going back and or recommending. Mouldy shower screens. Exposed electrical wires in our room. No fan in bathroom/toilet. Location is great and staff were ok but in general it's old.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Pett18
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Although the nightly rate is very cheap we did expect certain things but we were very disappointed ! Housekeeping did not make up our room for 2 days and it was only done after complaining twice. The staff were obviously not happy working there and were far from being friendly. The front desk staff did not make you feel welcome which surprised me because I love the local people and everywhere else we have ever been they have been fantastic. Never again !!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt J
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is our 4th time at this hotel and it is getting tired. No point going to the pool as there are not enough loungers and chairs and what is there get claimed in the morning leaving very few if any available. Our door to our room wouldn,t open so we had to change rooms at 9pm at night and then staff expected a tip for helping us move rooms. Disappointing stay this time around and doubt we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends