“Great Value, Great Location, Great Staff”

Kuta Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #59 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 7 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here as part of a 'value package' through Pacific Blue (which included airfares and a cheap hotel). I didn't expect much due to the price I paid, but after reading a few reviews on here before we left I felt a litte better. I made sure I asked for a room at the back of the hotel, as these had been refurbished and got a deluxe room as these are a better size. All good, expect the room we had at the back was right next to the cleaner's room and was woken up each morning with the cleaners filling up their trolleys and leaving. So get a room up the back of the hotel, but ask for away from the cleaners section. As they all tend to sit and smoke up there on breaks.

Great hotel for great value price - in the hear of Kuta, near everything.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikola1

Reviewed 4 October 2010

pros:
- cheap
- centrally located
- nice inner garden
cons:
- very worn out rooms, everything is old, scratched, discolored. linen is greyish-yellowish, air conditioner is old and noisy
- breakfast is very bad - very few choices, almost nothing for vegetarian, need to ask for bacon or tomatoes separately, food is just not tasty
- guests were 95% fat noisy tattooed australians. not like we are against them, but it did feel like ghetto
- charged us for the minibar we didn't use. only 50 cents, but it was annoying

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kurrant_by
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Was told about this hotel from the travel agent. Had our doubts from other reviews but pleasantly suprised. Staff all friendly . Very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank OUTTHERESOD
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This hotel had been recommended but I was disappointed, the room was ok but the bathroom was never cleaned properly, the tiles in the bath looked like they had never been clean. Even a lot of regulars had complaints. But the pool area was very good. This is a family hotel but unless they start doing some maintenance they will lose customers

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

we loved this hotel and will go back here in future. This was our first time to Bali and we had experienced 2 other hotels - one in Legian, one in Ubud and this one- this was by far the best and we will definitely go back here.

A little more than we would normally pay but it was worth the money and the breakfast here was fantastic

The pools were good and the staff were great, very friendly and welcoming.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lison2
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The deluxe room was very clean and spacious. The bed was a bit hard for my liking, but my partner was ok with it. The bathroom was clean and stocked with water everyday. We didn't have hot water, but a phone call to room service requesting we have hot water for shower, and 10mins later we have hot water. The staff were very friendly and good service. The "American Breakfast" pfft. Omeletes is about it with onion a little cheese and a little bacon! Breakfast came with the room we didn't pay on top of the room price. We had breakfast once and then went somewhere else. So not good on the breakfast.

The grounds are beautiful and tranquil, the pool is clean. Great Location. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Rooms are spacious enough, however bathrooms are tiny and mouldy. The furnishings are awful. There were stains on our bedding that looked suspiciously like blood. The sheets were obviously very old and a grey colour. The breakfast lacks variety and they hide the bacon out the back so you have to ask especially for it. One morning I had the wrong breakfast voucher and the man taking the tickets told me to go and get the right one! I was amazed! I asked him if I couldn't just get it later and he told me ok but I had better not forget! I never did go and get it and of course no one cared.

In fact that is just one of many times the staff were simply downright rude. It is as though the guests are just an inconvenience! They will fob you off with any old story - I also found we had no towels in our room and after several phone calls, excuses and promises of yes we bring some I eventually went and found one of the house keeping boys myself who gave me a couple. He had plenty!

We walked in to our room one day to find the housekeepers casually sitting around our room going through a magazine we had left out. The housekeeping staff are constantly looking for you to tip them. One of the house keeping boys we encountered in our room one day pointed out to us how well he had cleaned our room - we pointed out that actually we hadn't been in our room for two nights as we had made an implulse trip to Lombok so of course it was clean. I also pointed out to him the dead cockroach that had been in our bathroom ever since we had arrived which believe it or not was still there when we finally checked out!

On the day we were to check out some one was banging on our door at 7.00 am despite having the do not disturb sign on our door.I called out to them to go away, which they did, only to return again half an hour later. It was one of the housekeeping men offering to take my baggage to be weighed! Yet another ploy for a final tip before we left! I pointed out the do not disturb sign on the door and that I didn't want my baggage weighed. He was not remotely put off, and began the routine of telling us how clean he had kept our room during our stay! I again pointed out the same dead cockroach. It was only then he realised he wasn't going to get one rupiah and he just wandered off.

On a more positive side, the pool and swim up bar are ok. Not all the staff are appalling (thanks Anna) and the location is great.

I know there are alot of Australians who return to Kuta Beach Club over and over and I can only imagine it is because they havn't tried anywhere else and don't know what it is like to be treated like a valued guest. This place is without a doubt the worst I have ever stayed in and has to be experienced to be believed. Do yourselves a favour and go elsewhere. Remember, you get what you pay for and quite frankly this place is way overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple