“quite place to have fun!”

Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Ranked #4 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I just spent 10 days in Discovery Kartika plaza for our honeymoon, it's very good in general, we gonna choose it again definitely once we come to bali next time.
The hotel is located just beside the kuta beatchfront, about 10 minutes drive from Denpasar international airport, which is very good and convenient.
It could be better if you could provide us with protable bags like every other 5 star hotles, I asked for protable bags for suvenirs before I check out, but it came up with bags for laundry.
Also it would be better if you could improve your room service standard, we asked for housekeeping everyday, but after housekeeping sometimes no towels left, sometimes no bathrobe left, which means we have to call you for it. It actually means nothing to me , just a call, no trouble at all, because you are very good I would like you are perfect.
Thank you a milion anyway for all you've done for us!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Top class, our room was close to a night club which kept us awake all night, we promptly complained and were relocated. Buffet breakfast is great, free wifi is also really good with great coverage. One of the onsite restaurants "tepan noodle" has best Japanese food I've tried in bali, there tepanyaki is a must do if you stay! We'll be back again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This year alone, I stayed here two times. I stayed in March and followed in July when me and my parents were holidaying. It's prolly not the most luxurious or fanciest hotel in Bali, but is just meet all your expectation. What you spent on every $ in here are worth it.
The room is super clean, and the pool bar is my favorite place to be. The breakfast just blowing off my mind, Hugh range selection of foods..... can just stay there the whole day.
La Cucina is my favorite restaurant among the others, and you should try their seafood buffet...what a yumm!!
Need to bold the friendliest hospitality and service by the staff. Many guests are returning back because they are attached to them! If you stay more than 7 nights..enjoy their one hour free cocktail party... then roll up the night!
A good time warranted....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ferriygood
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here for seven nights in first week of November. Staff is friendly, helpful and courteous. Hotel has direct beach access and we enjoyed long evening walk.Hotel had themed buffet - sea food buffet on Friday for example - with live dance or music. Breakfast menu had variety of dishes for all the tastes. The hotel is a few minutes walk from Discovery Mall and Waterbom. This we felt was an advantage. Airport is about 15minutes drive. All in all wonderful place if you plan to stay in Kuta area.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean facing room for a good sea view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Narayan K
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in early November, and had a great time. This hotel is very special. The staff are so friendly and helpful, always smiling and can't do enough for you. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The buffet breakfast is the biggest I've ever seen, so much to choose from. The restaurants and food is really good. The pool and pool bar are awesome, it's so easy to spend all day swimming and drinking Bintang and cocktails. It's in a good location if you don't want to be too close to the heart of Kuta. But not to far if you want s night out. About a 10 min taxi ride, depending on traffic, and you can walk in along the beach too if your feeling energetic during the day. I definitely plan to go back next year.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, along with several other people, for our friends wedding. The rooms were lovely, pool and pool bar very relaxing and the location was perfect. The best breakfast buffet I have ever seen and the staff were very friendly. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in November. Overall a very good experience. I'll review using some areas in generals instead with 10 points as flawless

Checkin/checkout - 8 . Did it at 9pm and out at 1pm. Fast and smooth. Done within 10 min.

Room - 8. Got ourself a seafaring room, 4001. Nice view and left wing near lobby. Spacious. Old but clean. Quiet as well as I saw review of noisy on the right wing as it's beside some clubs.

Wifi - 4 not good reception. Only better at very early morning and late at night. Can't send out photos etc well. And from review,it's better near lobby, our room are just beside lobby, I dunno what's the reception for those room far away.

Staff service - 11 nothing to say, always with a smile and ready to help. And they even surprise me with a birthday cake on my birthday. So sweet. This gives them an extra 1 point out of full 10.

Location - 9 just beside waterbom park and the air-con mall. Great hotel to start with if you're unclear of sites and places in Bali. Why not 10? Well, there's no beach in front but still nice view. In fact with no beach, it's pretty quiet with no other crowd if you like to sit at balcony to enjoy the seaview. There's just some rocks in front, but beach is just few walks away.

Food - 9 breakfast is just great. Have to get the package with breakfast,mits worth it. There's a buffet seafood on Saturday which is a must as well. Traditional dancing with great food. In room dining is good as well. Decent price with good portion. The dessert chendol is my favourite. Didn't try other restaurant.

Pool - 8 not crowded,just 2 pools, one for adult and 1 for kids. Not many people using, so enough places. Do not have those water slides for kids though but my child is enjoying it just as well with the normal kids pool.

Overall a 9.5/10 experience for me. Will choose and recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family