Just returned from 5 (too short) days at the Kartika. Been to Bali many times, have stayed at Dynasty, Rani, Kuta Paradiso, Grand Bali Beach and the Nikko. The Kartika is the best hotel I have stayed in on Bali.
Love the south Kuta/Tuban location and on the beach and next to the a Discovery Mall.
The grounds are immaculate, the view is to die for (recommend ocean facing room).
Breakfast is included and is the very best I have had in Bali. Great unobtrusive service, live piano music during breakfast, omelette station, fried egg station, great selection of Asian and Western foods and the most beautiful setting to eat.
Rooms are immaculately clean, king size bed was nice and firm (pillows a bit too soft but that's all I could complain about!!!), aircon worked a treat, great range of toiletries provided. 4 bottles complimentary water each day. Housekeeping are just fantastic and do towel art animals on your bed each day.
The view from the balcony is so beautiful.
The pool area is magnificent. A true swim up pool bar, brilliant mojitos!!! The pool is deep - 1.8 m in one section and 1.5 m in the other but they do have separate pool for kids. Heaps of sun lounges, umbrellas and excellent service, food and drinks by the pool.
Had a fantastic BBQ dinner at Tepan Noodle with a fire dance and Latin dancing.
Had the best dinner ever at La Cucina private gazebo overlooking ocean - the biggest king prawns I have seen in my life!
The staff are superb, every single one of them smile, say hello, how are you. You could not fault the service at this place.
We met a few other people who were staying there for more than their 20th time and now I can understand why!
I don't know that I could ever stay anywhere else now.
Wish I had stayed longer and will definitely be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta