Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel
Home@36(Kuta)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,384 results
All reviewstepan noodlela cucinaocean facingpool barpool staffshopping mallsecond homefamily suitekids poolbuffet breakfastwaterbom parkfantastic hotelkuta beachkids clubspecial thanksnusa duagreat pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A very nice hotel.... The hotel maintained well.... From the Entrance till the beach very clean, the price of the food at the hotel is reasonable.,, the staff did the job profesionally ...
Enjoyed the stay so much...
The hot stone massage at the Spa just made my day...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Moureen L
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Moureen L

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to be part of your Bali Holiday

Thank you for spare some of your precious time giving us your valuable reviews

We are very happy that you had a wonderful time during your stay and really appreciate your recognition on Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel unique selling points : Great Spa experience, superb Staff with excellent service and beautiful environment in the heart of Kuta Bali

We wish you and your family a wonderful time ahead

Terima Kasih Banyak !

With kind regards

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here not by choice but by convenience for a wedding function. We booked through the wedding organizer (no discount- same price as the internet) for a Ocean View room. Due to delay in customs we arrived at the hotel late in the evening and was assigned a ground floor room. There wasn't any ocean view. We spoke to the reception after viewing the room and they had a little discussion among themselves and said they can give us a room on the upper floor but will required one hour to clean up. We were fine with that since we are heading out to dinner.
After 1.5hrs, we were back at the hotel and the reception said they will send a bellboy in 5mins time to our room with the keys to the new room. We waited for 30mins. We thought we were patience enough so I rang up reception again, and was told he needs to check if the room is ready. Now this is about 9ish and the reception wasn't that busy. I'm puzzled by why rooms are not cleaned by this time, perhaps there's just too many rooms in this resort. We were in our new room by 10pm.
The new room despite the ocean room has it's flaws. It's old. Tap doesn't work. The water spray next to the toilet is leaking. There's mould in the shower (no bathtub). There's chilli paste on the ground. There's alot of English channels but reception to some channels are bad and mono color. The bathrobes has stains on them.Because it's late, we can't be bothered anymore.

Breakfast has a wide variety, enough to fill you up for a long time but the food is not wow. I give credit for the food layout, which is on the perimeter of the breakfast room so you don't get overcrowding of people. The breakfast area also opens up to the pool area which makes the whole place bright and sunny, so having breakfast is quite relaxing and a great perk me up with the sunshine. Food selection covers Asian, American/Australian, local fruits, 2 coffee machines, 3 egg stations, vegetarian (except no soya milk).

There is a tennis and squash court in the resort but we did not use them. We also did not use the pool as it's always busy and a lot of children.

The music from the lounge in the evening can be heard from the room even with the balcony doors shut.

the hotel has partnership with Golden Bird Transport company and offer very high rates. If there's 5-7 people it should work out better. not for 2 people.

Did not have any other meals except breakfast but i've heard from other family members the Italian restaurant is good.

The staff are very friendly, always greeting you with a smile when you walk past them. Need to be patience when requesting for something (everything is a slow and calm pace in this resort). There is a table next to reception which looks like a concierge but it doesn't appear that way. First attempt to use their service is good. 2nd attempt to use their service I got brush off and ask to use the business center instead. The people manning the business center are very friendly.

My overrall feel about this hotel is it's way too expensive. It's a family resort so families with kids will be fine here. It's a shame the friendly staff is not enough to give me a reason to return to this hotel for a 2nd visit.

Room Tip: High floor is much cooler and keeps the mozzies away too
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loveducks
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear loveducks

Sunny greeting from Discovery kartika Plaza Hotel!

We are sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but I felt that it was necessary to reply to your review posted on Tripadvisor, and to give you some explanations. At first we were all extremely surprised with your negative comments, and thought that you were writing about another hotel. After checking our records, it turned out that you stayed with us during the period of April 12-17, part of a wedding function.

As you said you did not stayed in my hotel by choice but by convenience. The wedding party chooses our hotel for their special event and was very pleased with their stay. I am glad they trusted us, like so many happy newlyweds in the past. We have many hotels just next door to us that it will have been very easy and convenient for you to go somewhere else if you wanted to. It is too bad you did not like us from the beginning. The wedding organizer was hired by the bride and groom's family, and not thru the hotel. Why do you want to have a discount on the room rate from the organizer? Internet booking are usually the best price you can get or you could have call directly our reservation department.

You booked an ocean facing room but due to a very high occupancy your room was not ready on time. This is of course not acceptable, and I do apologize for this. We tried to upgrade you to a two level up from your original booking (At no extra charge) but you refused. We definitely do not want you to be puzzle with, why the room was not ready by 9PM. Our hotel is one of the favorite destinations in Bali and we are pleased to have a good business all year around for the last 28 years. Some of our guests have a late flight to catch and request, very often, a late checkout. They preferred to stay with us longer, and enjoy our beautiful facilities. This explains why we constantly work on getting our rooms ready (Day or night).

Regarding your description of the room when you checked in, I have to say that this is a very unusual situation. The room didn't meet at all our standards and the way we present our facilities to our valuable guests. Please accept my sincere apologies, and I want to thank you for pointed out some of the defects. I reassure you that we will immediately fix those problems and get the room back to our level of service. Thank you.

Our breakfast is one of the best on the entire island and if you read our reviews on Tripadvisor, you will notice easily how our guests are raving about it. We are offering such a large variety of food selection that we are able to satisfy all our domestic and international guests coming from over 20 different countries. I am pleased to read that you like the display of the buffet and the relaxing ambiance of the restaurant. We also offer and have available regular milk, non-fat and soya Milk. Upon request we can also get you some rice milk. Only a little bit of nice communication with our wonderful staff will have done it.

We offer two swimming pools. One for the kids, and a very large one who goes around the pool bar for the adults. I want to thank you for the great pictures you took of the hotel from your room that you posted with your review; it gives our future guests a wonderful preview of the hotel. One of them shows clearly the large size of our adult swimming pool and I do not see it crowded with kids. It is actually empty and looks very tempting...You should have tried it, the water is great! Maybe you are mistaking with the kid's pool?

A few days a week during our theme buffets diner and special receptions or weddings, we do have live music. This is of course part of our ambiance and adds a pleasant feel to the vacation experience of our guests. To respect everyone rest, we stop our live music at 10PM or on special request at 10:30PM. This allowed everyone to have a good night sleep. Remember you were there for a wedding and the live band was part of the newlywed's request. We really hope you enjoyed it and danced with the rest of the party.

It is too bad you did not experienced one of our great restaurants. The breakfast is included in the room rate, but as one of the family member mentioned to you, La Cucina restaurant (Italian) is really good. I will have loved to get your opinion about our Asian (Tepan) and Continental (The Pond) restaurants as well. I am sure you had excellent meals outside of our hotel, but during your stay with us (5 nights); you could have tried our dining experience. Trust me we still very affordable.

I want to thank you for recognizing that our staff is very friendly. They are not only friendly, they are wonderful, and I am blessed to work with such up bit and pleasant colleagues. You said that everything is slow and calm in this resort. I am going to take this also as a compliment, because I think this is what you expect when you come to Bali for your vacations. I believe people are searching to relax and escape their hectic and stressful life. We love Bali! And Bali is not for everyone.

You stated that you will not come back for a second time to our hotel; we are too expensive. We are a 5 star resort with a great guest service reputation, and we are pleased to have so many repeaters from all over the world coming back year after year. It is really too bad you choose not to be one of them.

Once more we want to thank you very much for your feedbacks. I am sure this will help us to even become better. I also encourage all the readers to check your past hotel reviews. They are very instructive and contributed to know you better.

From a slow and calm Balinese resort we are wishing you all the best.

God bless you!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Friendly staff at breakfast every morning. Breakfast buffet is really good and caters to western and Asian very we'll. eggs were cooked just as I asked every morning . Reception took ages at 11pm on arrival.. Other Australians said they were given tour of the hotel and loved their stay. We unfortunately had to shift 3 times due to problems with the rooms - bath lining had peeled off in first room and you could not even fit the bath plug in the drain let alone wash. Second room flooded through roof and third room fantastic because it was oceanfront suite but had to listen to workmen sanding the deck with an electric sander next to us all day.
Cost $280usd per night for substandard run of the mill room and breakfast plus extra fora rollaway bed.
Day spa is good. Pool is not at all refreshing - way too warm - more like bath temperature. Pool table in pool bar area has sharp metal corners that ripped a hole in my new linen trousers.
Grounds are meticulously maintained and beautiful.
I would only ever stay here again in the oceanfront suites. Also note there is no beach as it is now reinforced with stone to prevent erosion. The waves actually come over the beach walk wall into the grounds on full moon tides.
Next door to discovery shopping centre and easy to get taxis.

Room Tip: Oceanfront suite - daybed on brand ah looks directly at ocean but there is no beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Idbrichoneday

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel !

Thank you for staying with Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel and for taking the time to write your review at Trip Advisor

We thank you for your constructive feed back on the room situation, Pool and the Bar which we have passed for immediate followed up by our dedicated team and please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused . This is definitely not what we would like to offer to our valuable guest

For your update: we have our ongoing upgrade on our product and services and we will be more than happy to share if you could contact us directly

Our beach front location is one of our unique selling points. However Holiday in Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel will be more than just beach holiday, strategic hotel location with very convenient walking distance to all what Kuta Bali known for : Shopping paradise, Clubbing, Restaurants , great Spa and most of all are our experience Balinese hospitality with international service standards that will give wonderful holiday experience

Should there be anything at all that I can do further from our end, please feel free to write me a note at bandisa@discoverykartikaplaza.com and if we could have the opportunity to better serve you and your family on your next holiday to Bali

I Nyoman Bandisa Sastika
Director of Sales & ECommerce
E: bandisa@discoverykartikaplaza.com

Reviewed 16 April 2014

If the price were lower, I'd rate a 5 star, as ratings should be affected by your value for money.
Biggest negative was how their staff screwed up our check in by sending us to the wrong room, then took ages to get us into the room next door, and then further time to bring our luggage, delaying us by over half an hour. Not even a drink was offered as compensation for this blight on our stay, even after we requested.

Room was clean and had everything we needed.
EXCELLENT breakfast choices, was blown away at the variety. While I loved the Asian options, my partner enjoyed the western.

The hotel enjoys an excellent location: walk past the pool to the waterfront, next door to the mall to not be harassed by hawkers, or along the street to be harassed as you go to some excellent restaurants, such as the Indian, which is about 4 minutes walk towards the airport.

The biggest reason we chose this hotel was their gym, which was reasonably well equipped, cool from air-conditioning and unique in having several large fish tanks. Pity about there being mosquitoes in the gym.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank calumc
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear calumc

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel and thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your reviews.

First of all, please apologize for the inconvenience caused and we can assure you that what you have experienced is totally not what Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel has to offer, and we will follow up this matter with our dedicated team.

Further, we do appreciate that you share your holiday experience and share your recognition that will be a good reference to other travellers when looking for accommodation that provide everything you need in your room , great hotel facilities , strategically located with very convenience walking distance to what Kuta are known for: Best beach front, Shopping centre, Night Life, Activities centre, Restaurants and Spas; they will definitely add the value for the hotel

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back and to better serve you in your next stay at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel

Ps if there could be anything that we could do to restore your confidence to stay with us , I would appreciate if you could write to me at bandisa@discoverykartikaplaza.com

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Spent a delightful 7 nights at this hotel. The room was immaculate with a very comfortable bed. The service throughout the hotel is top notch. The breakfast is really impressive with an excellent extensive selection of foods and espresso coffee. Take advantage of the special functions they offer each night with a buffet and entertainment at different venues around the hotel. We did it and the food and entertainment were really fantastic and the prices were very reasonable. We loved the proximity to shopping at this hotel. The pool area was great and never felt overcrowded the Fitness centre was also terrific. Great hotel would not hesitate in returning.

Room Tip: recommend you get an ocean view room for the thrill of waking up to the water views each morning. The grounds and gardens are beautiful so if your budget can't extend to the ocean I am sure a garden view room will be very good also.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BuonaVoyage62
Bandisa701, Director of Sales at Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear BuonaVoyage62

Greetings from Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us the opportunity to be part of your Bali Holiday

We appreciate that you spare some of your precious time giving us your comprehensive reviews

We trust that you bring many wonderful holiday memories from Kuta Bali back home and share them with family, friends, colleagues

Please feel free to send us email and we will be more than happy to assist with special arrangements on your accommodation when returning to Kuta Bali