Stayed here last year for 4 nights with my family at the end of a 2 week trip in Bali. Check in was quite lengthy, I had booked via email and paid for 1 night but the hotel were trying to charge me a slightly different amount. A bit frustrating as we were all hot and bothered after travelling for 2 hours from Ubud but the staff were friendly and polite and it was eventually sorted out.
The hotel lobby area is huge with a lovely view across the pool and grounds to the beach. Room was pretty ordinary although the hotel at the time were having many of their rooms renovated. Nothing wrong with the room just felt a bit outdated but everything clean and working. View wasn't anything special, grassed area with a few trees and a car park area. As there were renovations being carried out we were placed at the furthest room away from any work. While we appreciated not being too close to any construction noise I did feel like we were a really long distance from anything, especially if you forgot something while at the pool and also there seemed to be very few guests in this part of the hotel and it felt quite deserted at times.
Breakfast was a highlight, one of the best I've had in Bali. A huge selection of food, 2 separate egg stations so no long queues and a self service coffee machine so you could have a real latte, cappuccino etc with the press of a button. The breakfast area overlooked the pool and gardens and was a very pleasant spot to eat. The staff often gave my children a small bag of fish food to feed the huge koi fish in the ponds near the breakfast area. We didn't eat any at any of the other restaurants but did have drinks and pizza from the pool bar and they were all tasty and reasonably priced.
The pool area was good, always able to get a seat, lots of lounges. Towel counter was right near the pool and the staff there were always very helpful and chatty. The kids pool was good, a decent size and completely covered by a shade sail and was surrounded by sun lounges so you could easily supervise your kids in the pool. We didn't use the kids club but it was right next door to the pool area. Main pool was massive so you never felt too crowded and lots of seating at the pool bar.
The grounds of the hotel are beautifully and meticulously maintained, lush gardens, flowers, ponds etc everywhere throughout the hotel.
Location of the hotel is very good, just out of Kuta so not quite as busy, if you are going on foot I would walk down the beach path at the back, a more pleasant walk and no traffic and less hawkers. Lots of eateries and shops within walking distance, Discovery shopping mall is next door and has 2 huge souvenir type shops, a nice relief to shop in air conditioned comfort. Waterbom is about 5 minutes walk down the road and we also found a good laundry up a lane way just across the road from the hotel. Be careful crossing the road as it is very busy. At the front of the hotel near the there is a small group of drivers sitting there, we used a driver from there to get to the airport and a day trip to Padang Padang and they were quite reasonably priced and saves you walking further down the road.
This is a lovely hotel in a great location, staff are friendly and helpful. Only complaint would be having our room such a long distance from everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta