My family, including my wife, daughter (17) and niece (18) stayed at the Discovery Kartika for 9 nights for vacation. Just simply a fantastic experience for what we wanted. This is not an intimate, quaint spiritual retreat if that is what you are looking for. But, if you want a comfortable, relaxing full-service resort for a family, I highly recommend. We stayed in an ocean facing Discovery Suite that was ~ 1,260 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Once you get your own private wife, it worked perfectly. It also had a large outside veranda with a full dinner table and lounging area. With all the noise of Bali roads found almost everywhere (Kuta and Ubud) the Kartika sits about 100 yards off the road and is gated with a security check. By the time you reach the hotel, it is quiet and serene. The hotel has an impressive entrance that looks fully through to the ocean. Full service includes 3 nice restaurants, spa (great prices) and a large, wonderful pool with a swim up restaurant and bar. The grounds were immaculate and the hotel was very clean. To be very picky, it is slightly dated -- I mean slightly -- but does not in any way appear old or run down. The breakfast buffet is amazing and will satisfy all tastes. Staff service was wonderful. There were helpful, courteous and always greeted with a smile. Needs were anticipated and we simply did not have a single hitch with the hotel. We used the hotel as a base and then traveled to Ubud and norther areas for daily road trips. Frankly, I would have gone stir crazy being in Ubud for 9 days. We did spend one night in Ubud at the Svarga Loka hotel that is the "off the beaten path" experience if that is what you want (nice place). I liked Kuta's variety of events including the large mall next door, the swim park and the Sky Garden night club. No matter where you go, you will be hit with crowded roads and countless motor bikes that have ninja-like skills weaving in/out of traffic. I will definitely return to the Discovery Kartika. Just a wonderful, wonderful stay with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms.The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid’s Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences.The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta