“getting better in very good location”
Review of Grand Inna Kuta

Grand Inna Kuta
Ranked #42 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta
“getting better in very good location”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel in mid of June 2013, for a business trip, unfortunately. The hotel was recently renovated and my room was in the third floor of the new building with ocean view and Kuta beach. Overall the room was very good and clean,. The internet was free and minibar was included in the price (no refill). There are two big swimming pools and one medium size. The breakfast was fine, I do not eat much on breakfast, as long as there is pastry, egg station, coffee and fruits, that would be fine with me.
Guests of the hotel are mixed of tourists and guests who were attending business meetings.
The location is excellent, within walking distance to Kuta Square and Beah Walk, so if you do not like hotel food, just go to those shopping center to find a good restaurants
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would like to return if I have a chance to go to Bali again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on this forum.

Please be advised that we only were able to respond to our guests as of 26 February 2014 however rest assured we have read your comments.

We would like thank you for the kind remarks and apologies for any lapse in services you may have encountered.

Your valuable comments are important to us and we will follow up where required to ensure our future guests will have a most enjoyable stay.

I hope to welcome you again at Grand Inna Kuta upon your next visit to Bali, meanwhile in case should you need any further assistance or want to make an inquiry regarding your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at reservation@grandinnakuta.com or call +62-361-751-361

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel from the 5th to 9th July, 2013.. I liked the location of the hotel, the friendly staff and the surrounding..... The Hard Rock Hotel and Cafe is just a stone throw away. You can walk to the food court, Star Buck , KFC and MacDonald all within the vicinity of the hotel. The hotel has a direct exit and entrance to the beach. The swimming pool is large and breakfast is average. The staff is definitely helpful and always there with a smile when u need them. Easy to access all the shopping and eating areas. I Will definitely choose to stay here again .

Room Tip: Choose the Beach wing.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sirborhan

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

we have been staying at the inna for 20 years (since it was called the natour) yes they have raised their prices but so has everyone in bali. we finally got to stay in the new exceutive suite and it was just lovely..... marble bathoorm wlak in closet and a huge balcony.... rooms a furnished great, the complex is huge (3 pools) and resturant and serivice is amazing. the only downer is that it has taken away the authentic bali feel (much rathered the bungalows) and it is a very big complex. but its still haverts the direct beach acess and the friendly bature as always. will continue to stay

Room Tip: spend the extra and get a big room with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with our experience staying here. Booked only for 2 nights (Thu, 30 & Fri, 31 May '13) through AsiaRooms as a "prelude" to our fabulous Bali holiday, as we've booked at two other hotels as well (The Hard Rock for 6 nights and Jimbaran Puri Bali for 5, as "main course" and "dessert" hehe.. :-P ) but now I'm sort of thinking that I'd probably be perfectly happy if we stayed here at Grand Inna Kuta for the whole duration of the trip!! (That's quite a big call for me to say that!!) And we'd probably even go for the Executive Sea and Pool View suite with balcony!! Oh well next time!!
This time we got the Deluxe Sea View in the Beach Wing, a twin room, since I'm staying with my mum and 23 month old daughter (my husband's joining us for the next 2 hotel stays). We ended up pushing our two king singles together so the bub can sleep in the middle without falling over the edge. And I think it might've worked out better/more spacious as opposed to one queen or king bed. That's how it felt anyway.
We had room 1407 on the 4th floor, which is the top floor. Room was quite pleasant, clean and furnishings were minimalistic with a bit of a modern feel to it (which I prefer and the reason why I insisted on the Beach wing) and a lovely leafy beach and ocean view!!! The only minor con of the view is probably the large concrete top of roof underneath that u can see from the window. Might be the restaurant's. They tried to make it less of an eyesore with potted plants, mainly Garden Yellow Palms and Bougainvilleas, and it's probably going to look heaps better when plants have fully matured. Only a couple other cons about this room, while it's handy being next to lift, we don't have to walk far to get to room from lobby or even beach, it can be a bit noisy. Especially noticeable on the first night, it felt like it was "dinging" constantly like people were getting in and out of lift constantly till probably 8 or 9 pm.
The other thing was we saw quite a bit of little red ants on the tables and wall near telly. But I made a call and issue was immediately resolved! :-)
Other things I love about this hotel besides nice room and lovely sea view, is the awesome location!!! Love how it has direct access to the beach and it's actually a nicer section of it too. I mean it's not a private super clean calm-turquioise-maldive looking beach but it's still nice. It's still a typical Kuta beach with quite a few various vendors. It might feel a bit full-on for a first time foreign traveller with people offering massages, temporary tattoos, hair braids etc.. But I suppose I got used to it, I just kept saying "Ngga bu/pak, makasih" which means: "No, thank you mam/sir" politely and they stop offering.
But, yeah ..staying here at Grand Inna Kuta, I feel almost like I have discovered a hidden treasure. While walking along the sort-of "board walk" (only it's made of bricks instead of boards) all the way to Discovery Mall, only Grand Inna, Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel and Bali Garden Beach Resort that had clear direct beach access. The ones I could see anyway. But still in my opinion, that Grand Inna had the better section of the beach and I'm glad I had chosen this instead of Bali Garden Beach Resort.
I quite enjoyed the walk from hotel to mall, it probably took around 15-20 minutes just a leisurely walk while I push my daughter in a stroller and also stopping to buy some mangosteen and hats, it did get a bit too hot even though only still quite early, a bit before 10am.
I was also delighted to discover a row of hawker/street style food stalls right next to hotel. I just LOVE my Indonesian street food!! After the walk back from the mall my mum n I enjoyed fresh young coconut water (kelapa muda) straight from the natural coconut for Rp. 20.000 ($2 US/AUD) each. They had lots of different foods like Bakso, Sate Ayam/Kambing madura, Rawon, Mie Ayam, Soto Ayam, Nasi Goreng etc.. But just to be clear, these stalls are really really basic cheap street food, so I'm not sure if it's recommended for vulnerable foreign tummies! :-P
Another plus is the buffet breakfast at Breeze Restaurant. Love the variety and they've got both of my faves: bubur ayam and indo fried rice!! The place is also quite spacious, quite easy to maneuver a stroller in there.
As for room service, we ordered Sop Buntut (ox tail soup) and Tom Yam Goong, the sop buntut was delicious but the Tom Yam that my mum had did not look like the typical thai tom yam and mum said it did not taste the same either. So maybe safer to choose Indo food rather than Thai. They might improve it for future guests though, you'll never know! :-)
Also ordered a Virgin Pina Colada (just cos I'm pregnant), and it would've been tastier if the guy put more pineaple juice, a little lime juice and maybe a drizzle of sugar syrup. The one I had was a bit bland.
When we come back to Bali, will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to friends and family! :-)
Love the free wifi throughout hotel and the complimentary 1st stocked mini bar too!! Very nice touch!!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Lena T

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel has an excellent location facing Kuta beach and consists of an old & new wing. The rooms at the new wing are in an excellent condition. Besides having the beach basically in front of you, the hotel has several pools too. Restaurants, bars & breakfast buffet, altogether very good. Wifi access everywhere available. Good value for money

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomas_0608

Perth
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Myself & 2 friends recently visited this hotel in early May. We were amazed when we arrived at how different it looks from before renovations.
We stayed in the newly renovated beach wing. The only room that would cater for 3 adults in 1 room in the beach wing was the Executive suite but we were more than happy to book this room. it was very spacious & has a large bathroom & large balcony overlooking the pool & the beach.

The hotel is in a great location, its walking distance to the nightlife
The staff were incredibly welcoming & friendly.
It is a very large hotel & it was quite a walk from reception to our room.
I could not fault the buffet breakfast at all.
3 pools to choose from, but we loved the infinity pool overlooking the beach, especially at sunset.
We enjoyed our stay & I would definately be reccommending this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank melissas_travels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Right in the middle of Kuta and on the beach, what more could you want.
We had a pool access room , in the newly renovated part and couldn't fault it.
We had breakfast there daily and the buffet had all that you could ask for.
Only thing is it was a little pricey.
We didn't eat at their new restaurants on the beach side, as there was no one there the whole week we stayed at the hotel.
They had a pool on the beach side that was open to people off the street if they used the bar and/or reasturants but there was no advertising to this effect, so people thought it was only for hotel guests, which is a shame cos the facility is awesome.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that open onto the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends