“Not all it's Credited to be”
Review of Grand Inna Kuta

Grand Inna Kuta
Ranked #42 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Port Hedland, Australia
“Not all it's Credited to be”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This Hotel looks great from the out side. I have been to Bali on many occasions and looked at this Hotel. Insead of staying where I always stayed I tried Grand Inna.
Was not happy. I had booked a room and when I got to the room was showen through it and felt sick right away. It smelt of mildew and was very strong. The paint had bubbles on the wall and just was not a 4 star hotel. Very inpersonal and the service was not good at all.
The breakfast bar was ok. You can order your eggs the way you want them , but Bacon was cooled and hard to eat. They do not cater for Western People all that well.
On the up side the pool area is good large pool with swim up bar. Would not stay their again.
Very disappointing. And over priced. Not what I would call 4 Star.

Room Tip: When possible double check type room you book and see if anyone has made comments about the hotel. P...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear KathAustralia62,

Thank you for your time to offer feedback to us.

I would like to apologize for the condition of your room which I have brought to the attention of my team. For your information we are planning to undertake an upgrade in the Bali Wing where your room was located which is in contrast at times with the newly build Beach Wing.

I do have noted your kind comments about the pool area and the breakfast buffet but will look into the issue with the bacon for you.

I am sorry that overall you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion, and should you plan to return please contact me directly so I may ensure everything is right for you.

Peter Stolk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We had a 7 night stay at this hotel and found that the location was fantastic. Overall the staff were pleasant and helpful however some did not have a god grasp on English. The Buffet breakfast mainly catered for Asian taste but did have a range to choose from. sometimes the Hot meals were cold. We would return again

Dear Kevin S,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the location and the facilities at the Grand Inna Kuta.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the breakfast buffet which I will discuss with the Chef. Regarding the fact that some staff have a lack of English knowledge, please be advised that I have recently introduced English classes to overcome this issue.

I hope to welcome you again at Grand Inna Kuta upon your next visit to Bali, meanwhile in case you should need any further assistance or want to make an inquiry regarding your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at gm@grandinnakuta.com or call us at +62-361-751-361

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had read some bad reviews of this property so I was concerned. Our travel agent had booked us in the Bali wing but when we got there we were offerred an upgrade to the Beach Wing (for a nominal fee). I am so glad we did.
We had an execuitive room on level 4 and had views over the beach. The room was clean and spacious. Biggest Bed I have ever had in Bali.
Breakfast had a large variety of food available. The hotel is in a central location and that meant we didnt have to get transport most of the time. Will definately stay here again.
Tip. Put your "do not disturb" sign on the door every evening when you go back to your room. If you dont a person will knock on your door around 8am to check if you need laundry done.
Put your "clean my room" sign on the door when you leave your room for the day. They are speedy to clean.
The only bad thing was that a lot of random people come into the hotel from the beach to use the pool (not the one out the front) and the toilets. However, everytime I entered the hotel from the beach side I was challenged and had to show my room "key" before they would let me in?

Room Tip: go the beach wing REGARDLESS of what your travel agent tells you
2 Thank Reculvers
Dear Reculvers,

Thank you for your detailed report related to your stay last month at Grand Inna Kuta.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room in the new Beach Wing, the breakfast buffet and indeed our unique location.

Please be advised that I have addressed the matter re staff knocking on doors in the morning for laundry service besides the issue of people walking in from the beach.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I came from Singapore and reported at 12 noon I was told the room is vacant and is being readied by the housekeeping please come at 2 as that is the check in time but it might be ready before that When I come at 2 the room is still not ready and the staff has no clue how much time it will take. Having started at 5 from Singapore we were tired and wanted to freshen up in the room and then go out to the town,
I'm terribly dissapointed and do not want to come back or recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Shailendra X
Dear Shailendra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at this forum.

Please be advised that we only have been able to return messages to our guest within this week hence the delay of my reply.

I was sorry to learn about your check-in experience for which I apologies and brought the matter to the attention of the team. Reading between the lines of your comment the staff tried to accommodate you initially as soon as possible and I can appreciate your disappointment however a score of one and your harsh comment about not wanting to come back or recommend the property seems to be out of proportion.

May I suggest to avoid future disappointments in your travels at such time you have a very early start and a relatively short flight to pre-book a room i.e. reserve the room the night prior to your arrival which allows you to occupy the room immediately upon your arrival at any time.

I hope that despite the lapse in service you may reconsider visiting the Grand Inna Kuta once again to allow us to show our hospitality at which time I will be glad to assist your personally with your reservation, meanwhile I remain.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel look great from beginning but when we check into the bali wing we are so shocked the hotel is really old and need to renovate. We are welcome with scary and eerie sound at night probably a bird but after few days raining its not flying back we sleep in peace. This hotel we can say rich & poor or vintage & modern. Location wise is good but I think there are many others good hotel near Beach walk

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sheda M

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on this forum.

Please be advised that we only were able to respond to our guests as of 26 February 2014 however rest assured we have read your comments.

We would like thank you for the kind remarks and apologies for any lapse in services you may have encountered.

Your valuable comments are important to us and we will follow up where required to ensure our future guests will have a most enjoyable stay.

I hope to welcome you again at Grand Inna Kuta upon your next visit to Bali, meanwhile in case you should need any further assistance or want to make an inquiry regarding your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at reservation@grandinnakuta.com or call +62-361-751-361

Aussie
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just left Grand Inna after a 6 night stay. We stayed in the beach wing executive room on the 4th floor. The room was spacious and clean with fantastic views of the beach. The pools were lovely to swim in and the massages in the Spa were wonderful. Breakfast had plenty of choices and the food was lovely. The hotel is in a great location close to shops, markets and dining.

Room Tip: Executive on a high floor
1 Thank slyunus

Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Yep back at the grand inna again. Very happy with how handy it is to everything at kuta. Once inside you would not believe how close you are to everything. Yeni takes care of our bookings and makes sure all is ok she is a gem. Going through travel agents seems to be a problem for check in. So have your paper work booking to speed up the process and the lovely people will sort it out in no time. You will settle in quickly and relax. I highly recommend the grang inna. The pools are crystal clear so go and enjoy. One more thing food and drinks around the pool are reasonable so you can relax on pricing

Room Tip: Beach wing
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family