“Clean, great location, terrible WIFI”
Review of Grand Inna Kuta

Grand Inna Kuta
Ranked #39 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay here, everything was great apart from the wifi signal in the bedrooms. This wasn't a huge problem as I was here with friends, but it still would have been nice to have a good signal as we stayed 9 nights! I would stay here again, but perhaps request a room closer to the head quarters!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PaulaLouise1991
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear PaulaLouise1991,

We are really happy to note that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at Grand Inna Kuta.

Please be advised that we have very recently changed the service provider as a reaction on the various guest comments and I am pleased to inform you and all the forum readers that we have now a good WIFI signal throughout the whole property.

We hope to welcome you and your friends once again for another great holiday.

Peter Stolk

Write a ReviewReviews (2,297)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I loved the location of the hotel, near the beach and shopping arcade. The breakfast is excellent, may choices of foods. The Pool if wonderful, they have 3 pools! It will be much better if they also have a fitness room for the guests.

Room Tip: They have an "old" wing and a "new" wing of the rooms, so u must sure which one...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emil270770,

Thank you for your review and your regarding the location, the breakfast and the swimming pools.

Please note we are planning for next year to add a fitness center and are currently looking into this matter.

Thank you for staying at Grand Inna Kuta and we look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I like the place.. the room is clean and tidy.. the location is very great. Very close to kuta beach, kuta square, and beach walk. The flaw is the waitresses in the restaurant for breakfast. They like to chat and making noise by throwing dirty spoon and fork. It is really disturbing. But the plus is you get free photo from professional photo..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dennis H,

Thank you for sending your review to TripAdvisor and your positive comments.

I do however have taken note of you remark concerning the breakfast service which I have brought to the attention of the Restaurant Manager.

I hope despite the lapse in service we can welcome you again at Grand Inna Kuta.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been to Bali 8 times but this was the first and the last time that I will stay at Grand Inna Kuta, the service was terrible, lack of towels and glasses in the room, not to mention that at breakfast I had to wait for chair so I could sit down. Give me the Dynasty any day!

Room Tip: Corner Suites have a triangle balcany that is poor for sitting in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Janet H,

It was was concern to read your comments regarding your recent stay at Grand Inna Kuta.

During the last 2 weeks the hotel was fully booked meaning that we are serving approximately 700 persons for breakfast. Although we endeavor to assist our guests with a table as soon as possible at peak times unfortunately it could happen that our guests had to wait for a table for which I apologize.

I would appreciate if you could email the room you occupied during your stay to gm@grandinnakuta.com to enable me to investigate the lack of towels and glasses in your room.

I hope that despite the lapse of service you encountered you had an enjoyably holiday.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in July, arrived around 12 midnight, apart from needing a welcome drink and been so late this was not offered, couldn't find my booking at reception waited over an hour to then be presented a nice clean room in the new wing on the ground floor, bed was nice and comfy as were the pillows and the sheets crispy white. Breakfast was okay, i stuck to cereal most mornings and grabbed fruit from the ladies on the beach instead as too many flies in breakfast area. Headquarters wont allow you to use their bathroom so I had to make a dash back to my far away room - had dinner at HQ the fish was nice but service was slow. Was invited to the HQ Sunday afternoon drinks party only to find the place was empty. Opted to hang out on the beach and watch the sunset and watch some guys have a sing along on the beach instead. I would stay here again only because of the cleanliness of the room and the quiet location of the new wing area.
Be warned though cocktails at main pool - old wing area are pricey, paid $17 for a small glass.
Other guests I met spoke highly of the breakfast so please note I am a fussy eater

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank baliloverA

Dear Bali lover A,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at Grand Inna Kuta.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room however I apologize for the shortcomings during the check-in procedure which I will investigate to avoid future guests having a similar experience.

I have noted your comments regrading the breakfast buffet which has been brought to the attention of the Restaurant Manager.

The HQ is under separate management and your remarks have been passed on.

As mentioned in previous replies, we are in the process of revising our beverage pricing and a new menu will become available in the very near future.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and hope despite the reported inconveniences we are able to welcome you back upon a future trip to Bali at which time I would be pleased to assist you directly if you email me on gm@grandinnakuta.com

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We frequently pass through Bali on the way to Lombok and this is my favourite from about 30 similar hotels: location perfect for transport, beach, and the pools so beautiful and one never has to fight for a beach lounge. And the food, divine. Wherever you go, smiling staff nod at you. But... if you have a problem, good luck. Expect nothing. No wifi on a couple of visits, this is upsetting when you need to work, we feel they should not be allowed to list wifi if does not work. And spent 3 hours repeating myself to 5 different staff over 3 hours of my life one night, who either could not speak english or knew less than I about wifi. Eventually I sat on the reception floor til my bum was numb to get some work done. On another visit the door was faulty and I waited 40 minutes guarding my room that would not lock for anyone to bother come and even look at it. On my last visit the half-finished new airport lost my baggage, trying to get the hotel to take delivery while we were in Lombok was another trial of repeating myself to 3 different staff who are very good at nodding and smiling, but do not seem capable of much more.

Despite this we love the place, we just cross our fingers each time that we will not need any actual service from them.

Room Tip: some are renovated and more modern, but we prefer the older rooms pool-side: easier for street/beach...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank danien j

Dear danien j,

First of all I would like to thank you for being a regular guest at Grand Inna Kuta and the hotel being a favorite hotel to stay during your frequent visits to Bali.

However it was with great concern about the subject of service being provided.

For your info, we have last week upgraded our WIFI system and since then we didn't have any negative guest comments hence in future I trust this matter has been solved for you.

We have Duty Managers 24 hrs / day available to assist our guest at times required and I have next week schedules a refresher training to ensure we follow up in time in an adequate manner.

May I suggest upon your next visit you email me direct for your reservation at gm@grandinnakuta.com and I am looking forward to meet you personally to elaborate further about your past experiences which will assist me to improve our guest services.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Grand Inna Kuta in July 2014 for my 60th Birthday celebration. I could not have booked a better place. The staff were so friendly and courteous and the hotel and surroundings were very very clean.
The staff knew that it was my Birthday and they put a flower arrangement in my room on the day and made a swan out of towels.
the restaurant looks over the beach which was just a delight.
The food is very good. Cocktails are pricey here so we drank our cocktails elsewhere!
We had our nails done by the pool whilst sipping on lime squash and you could also request a massage poolside or visit the adjacent day spa.
One thing to be careful of though is that the hotel has an old side and a new side. The old side is picturesque and when restored it will be transformed to its former glory. At the present moment though it lacks room security and the beds are double size not queen or king. My daughter and her partner booked the old side because of it being less expensive but they moved to the new building. I booked the new building but the room they gave me was a long way away from the restaurant, pool, entrance etc but they happily moved me.
The location of the hotel is excellent!
There is a bit of a steep walk from the street to the foyer. It did not bother us but some should be aware of it.

Room Tip: Rooms near the restaurant in the new building would be preferable for singles or couples. Rooms tow...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennymum
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Jennymum,

Thank you for your detailed comments related to your recent family Holiday at Grand Inna Kuta.

It always a pleasure to read so many positive comments about the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the property and our unique location in Kuta.

I noted that we managed to change your Deluxe room to one nearer to the hotel facilities. I have brought this matter to the attention of our Front Office staff to arrange (where possible) to allocate rooms nearer to the lobby for people who are slightly older (this is with respect as you only turned 60 recently ! )

I have further taking notice of your constructive comments as well and can advise you the following:

As mentioned previously on this forum, we are reviewing are beverage prices and we are in the finalizing stages implementing a new beverage menu incl. pricing and a Happy Hour. I hope with this being available soon, upon your next stay you don't need to go somewhere else for the sunset cocktails !

For all our forum readers, we are in process of upgrading step by step the Bali Wing. We recently finished the replacement of the water supply pipes to all rooms subsequently no more discolored water due to old rusty iron water pipe supply. Further, repainting the corridor walls & ceilings was finished last week. Small things like new dustbins, replacement of the AC control units, etc are currently in process.

Regarding the steep slopes to and from the hotel entrance, there are steps between the slopes besides for your info there are lifts to the ground floor level available.

Once again, thank you for your comments. Happy Birthday repeated from all of as and we hope to welcome you and your family for your 61st Bday !