“Enjoyed my stay”

Grand Inna Kuta
Ranked #40 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I found the staff to be helpful & lovely. Always polite & smiling. I liked the new wing, great location & the pools lovely. I found the prices of cocktails overly priced. Why so expensive??? That was a put off. Lack of music choice & entertainment in swim up bar. Needs to be improved. I didn't like the condition of the old Bali Wing, rooms smelt like sewage, bathroom very old & dirty looking. Needs attention. Overall enjoyed stay.

• Stayed August 2014
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Beduhn77,

We were pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in particular the staff attention and the Beach Wing incl. its facilities.

We are in the final process of redesigning our cocktail list incl. pricing which will become available soon including the introduction of Happy Hour.

In relation to the music choice, we are in the process of hiring a third party to overcome this matter.

I did take note of your comments regarding the Bali Wing which have been addressed but despite that the rooms are matured be assured the bathrooms are not dirty.
Its the silicon which give this impression due to the black marks which is a common problem in tropical & humid countries. However I am pleased to inform you that we are now making a test with Anti Mold Silicon which I expect will be successful after which we will implement the silicon in all our Bali Wing rooms.

I hope we can welcome you once again at Grand Inna Kuta, meanwhile I remain.

Peter Stolk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at Grand Inna Kuta for the first time last year. I visited again this month and stayed at Grand Inna again. I love Grand Inna and will continue booking to stay there. It was much busier this time than it was last year, understandably, as the . I have stayed in the Beach Wing both times. I have also stayed at other hotels in different throughout the trips and while majority of hotel workers are nice, at Grand Inna they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and even just say hello. And now they have a new day spa which was just amazing and not too expensive like some hotel spas can be. Grand Inna, thank you for your hospitality, see you next time!!

Room Tip: Beach Wing is fantastic ! I am yet to stay in a Bali Wing room but I am sure it is just as clean, be...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Renae H,

On behalf of the whole Grand Inna Team, I would like to thank you for your review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your second stay and hope we can welcome you once again in the near future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

After staying several times at another hotel just down the beach we decided to stay at grandinna Kuta for this trip. We arrived at about 12.30am and checked into our room. We found that the room and been made up as a twin so we went back down and asked for another room. The front desk phoned housekeeping and within about 15 mins we had two people making up a king bed for us. We then discovered that we needed an extension lead that reached the bed and this was delivered to our room again promptly. As we had not eaten for a while we then ordered room service and again we were served quickly. Finally got into bed at 2am and had a wonderful sleep. The rest of our stay was as pleasant. Breakfast was always well stocked with lots of variety to suit all tastes. Location is great, right on the beach. We went and sat at the beach bars morning and afternoon. We found all the staff to be really friendly and the hotel clean. We stayed in a Sea view room in the new beach wing. We will definitely return on our next visit and take our teenage daughter with us.

Room Tip: New beach wing very nice. Sea view rooms good facing the ocean. Also think the new pool access rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leanne W
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Leanne W,

Thank you very much for your "perfect" review.

We are delighted to hear that you have an enjoyable time with us. We will share this with our staff as they will be very proud of your comments.

May I suggest when you return with your daughter to look at one of our Executive Suites which offers a 22 m2 terrace overseeing the ocean with breath taking views over 270 degrees. We could add an extra bed alternative the suite has an interconnecting room for your daughter.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again, meanwhile I remain.

General manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in a pool access beach wing room. The location is fantastic however the "pool access" just means that you have a door from your first level room which allows you to go outside easier - not exactly what I would normally expect from a pool access room. There was also no hot water at all in our room or in our friends room. We had the engineering team come out on two desperate occasions and they advised that the water would not be getting any hotter as that's just how it is in the whole hotel. I wouldn't recommend staying in this hotel if you need a hot shower. The location is absolutely fantastic if you enjoy the bustle of kuta.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ellatheetnnickid,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review related to your recent stay at Grand Inna Kuta.

I was happy to read that you found the location of the hotel fantastic however was slightly troubled about your remark of the Deluxe Pool Access Rooms. I am not sure what your expectation factor is for a Pool Access room however a distance from your terrace to the pool of less then 3 - 4 meters is generally accepted in the hotel trade as a Pool Access room.

I would like to apologize for the lack of hot water in your room due to the fact that on a very rare occasion one of the heat pumps for the Beach Wing broke down. We did inform all our guest in writing that during the repair period the water temperature may not be optimum however at all times there was "warm" water available.

I am sorry that you did not receive the information and have informed my team to ensure that in future such information letters should be available in all rooms.

I hope for your understanding of the issue with the hot water and that we can welcome you back again upon a future visit to Bali.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect based hotel everything was great. I had an great time in the hotel if i have chance i would stay 10 more days... my room is next to pool and i enjoyed so much.. meals were awesome. When you wake up you feel as you born just 2 sec. Ago

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Yunus Emre O,

I was delighted to read your delayed review of your stay during December 2013 and that we managed to fulfill your expectations .

I hope we can welcome you soon back again for another rejuvenating experience.

Depok, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

There's nothing special about this hotel. But, i've had less disappointment as well when staying there for 5 days with my big family that we had to reserve 4 rooms.

The hotel is much more better after the renovation. And also its bigger than the old one.

Location is convenient, its close to many stores, restaurants, beach (kuta beach). The hotel provides a beach club for public (of course we have to pay).

But, the poor thing is.. There are always traffic in front of the hotel. So renting a motorbike is a good option.

Well, overall it was nice staying there. The staff was nice and helpful.

Cheers,
vE

Stayed August 2014
Dear Fauzia B,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you had a nice stay with your family and found the location convenient besides the staff services provided.

We hope to welcome you and you family once again upon your future visit to Bali.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in the beach wing of the grand inna mid August 2014. 2 different wings- Beach wing is modern, bali wing is traditional. Great location right on the beach in the middle of kuta with beach views and 3? beautiful pools, one of which is an infinity pool right on the beach. Rooms are light and clean, staff all lovely and the food at the resteraunt is really reallyy yummy. Things the hotel could improve- the elevators make a very long loud noise every time the door opens on ur floor that is unnessecary and can hear from your room, massage parlor needs abit of relaxing music to break the silence inside but also as its right near the pool would be nice to drown out the sound of people outside and the prices of drinks around the pool $20 a cocktail! We don't even pay that at home ridiculous. The place has potential to be one of the best hotels in kuta if it played abit of music around the pool to create abit of atmosphere and lowered drink prices you'd get more people staying at the hotel to drink. Overall I enjoyed my stay here :)

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SaraWG09
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear SaraWG09,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you appreciated the pools, your clean room and the food at the restaurant.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the lift doors and have passed this on to our lift service contractor to rectify this problem besides being more preventive in their maintenance.

The massage and spa has been recently started through a third party and they will be finalizing upgrading the rooms in the near future with new large bathtubs besides the background music will be addressed as well at the same time.

For all the forum readers, as mentioned several times we are finalizing to renew the beverage list with adjusted pricing which will be available in the near future including cocktail promotions, happy hours, etc.
Further, we are in the process of signing a contract with an on line music provider which will service the hotel with various types of music according to the time of the day in all public areas including around the pools.

We hope upon your next visit to Bali that you can enjoy the various changes we have implemented.