Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$120
US$104
US$86
  • Pool
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$116
US$113
US$126
US$98
Agoda.com
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$116
  • Free Breakfast
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$190
US$159
Agoda.com
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$90
Priceline
US$479
getaroom.com
2,462 results
All reviewsbali wingbeach wingnew winggreat locationhq barsunken poolold sectionpool access roomolder partdirect beach accessexecutive suitebig hotelswim up bargarden viewbuffet breakfasthard rock cafean upgrade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely pool access room in the older part of the hotel. The bed was huge and made very comfortable by an added pillow top mattress topper when requested. Staff were very accommodating.
The furniture is very tired and the poor lighting is difficult for ladies makeup or men shaving. We are non smokers and we had heavy smokers on both sides of our room so there was no escape from the cigarette smoke even when our door was closed. Especially annoying when they woke up early each morning to smoke on Verandah and talk about their nights sleep......Also, smoking in the pool should not be permitted. Some people sat, smoked and drank in the pool all day!! Table tennis tables are used up to 11.30pm which can be very noisy if wanting to sleep. Room attendants are very polite. The location of this hotel is the fantastic!! Right on the beach front it is so convenient.
Breakfast is very good. The fresh fruit and the chocolates delivered to our room were much appreciated. Reception staff and Guest Relations staff (Intan) is extremely efficient, helpful and professional. We will return.

Room Tip: We had poolside at the front of the hotel, great access to the street also immediate exit to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanne943
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear joanne943

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor related to your stay.

I apologize for the shortcomings that you had during stay. I appreciate your feedback which will be discussed with my team.

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff and the service delivered which was met your expectation. A copy of this comment would be shared with everyone.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 8 nights in a deluxe pool access room on a scoopon deal in the newer wing.
The room itself was ok, the bed slightly too firm even with a topper on it. The pools were all good but pool chairs and cushions all now starting to become a bit dated. The Kelapa pool itself was a little cold for our liking due to the lack of sun in this area. The upstairs seating area at Kelapa pool was so run down with broken floors etc. Kelapa pool bar staff were uninterested in their job and not friendly at all. As with previous reviewers we found that the older staff around the resort appeared unhappy, unmotivated and at times rude. We received a free massage as part of the scoopon and that was nice. We also received 3 free dinners as part of scoopon but only used this once as you have a scoopon specified set menu with very minimal choices and what we tried that first night was horrible. We have stayed at other locations in our time and scoopon dinner meals gave you access to the normal full menu or buffet etc. The one night we did eat in there was only 4 other people in the entire restaurant. We can understand why after having the food. Breakfast buffet was just ok, very disorganised, you had to find your own table and at times wait for someone to leave and try and jump onto that table before it had been cleaned to assure yourself of a seat. The egg staff were the rudest and unfriendliest staff we have ever encountered. They were more interested in talking amongst themselves than cooking. HQ was highly overrated and the lounge area there was nearly always completely empty. With the location right on the beach it should have been buzzing. The rest of the staff (mainly younger staff) always had a smile on their face and were friendly. The location itself was excellent as right on the beach and within mins walking to restaurants, shops, bars massage places etc.
Would we stay here again, definitely not unless we hear there has been major improvements with staff and facilities.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunLuvingCouple

Dear SunLuvingCouple

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologize for the inconvenience that you had during stay. The staff behavior you stated above is totally unacceptable and not up to our standard; I will look into this matter and will follow up with related department.

For Scoopon deal, I believe each hotel has different policies/benefits. For the example the menu we offer for Scoopon is specially modified by our senior chef. I appreciate your feedback saying how it lacks of variety which will be discussed with the team. Regarding the taste, it was a bit shocking since we have been receiving a lot of positive feedback regarding our food and beverage however I believe your comments will help us improve in the future. Most of our guests tend to order room service than eating in the restaurant or they go to Warung Sengol that we open at hotel entrance.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Spa and hotel location.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the deluxe pool access room in the new beach wing which was lovely. The bed is huge, the pillows super comfortable and the rain shower hugs your whole body. The pool access would have been convenient if we used the pool however due to let me call them 'inconsiderate neighbours' we didn't enjoy this facility. In our 8 night stay, we used the pool once at 6pm. The first 3 mornings we would go to lie by the pool after breakfast and not find one chair vacant at 10:30am. On our fourth morning I decided to get up early to ensure I would have a lounge for at least one day... At 8am I put 2 towels and my book on a pool lounge and returned inside to get changed into my bathers. Within the 15minutes I was inside, I returned to find a family had thrown my towels on the ground and put their belongings on 8 pool chairs instead. I am still yet to find my book that disappeared never to be seen again. Every pool chair was exactly the same with people's belongings on them and not one person in the pool. There are signs saying you cannot leave your belongings unattended for longer than 30 minutes but it seems there is no one enforcing this rule as I watched the chairs remain 'reserved' with no one in sight for over an hour. Once the family finally showed up, I sat on my patio watching them laugh about moving my belongings and that those chairs 'belonged' to them because they were situated in front of their room. They continued this behaviour every morning for the remainder of my stay. It's a shame I couldn't enjoy the benefits and convenience of relaxing next to my room.

The breakfast service I found to be unfriendly and rude. This is a real disappointment to me considering I love speaking Bahassa with staff and Bali is one of the friendliest places I've ever been too (this is my 8th visit). The chefs cooking the eggs talk amongst themselves and completely ignore you standing there. One morning I stood waiting and eventually had to interrupt their chatting to get my eggs. We were greeted with a good morning once at the front door every other time was only "what's your room number?". I also found the young staff members working the hardest. Most of them I believe to be trainees, who were constantly at our tables clearing plates etc. The older ladies in white shirts never smile and tend to stand back and watch the others do the work. I also don't like that every morning between 10:10am and 10:30am the older ladies walk around the buffet getting themselves bowls of breakfast food and then keep it behind a counter next to the toast station. I'm all for the staff eating the left overs as I know so much food goes to waste, but as a paying guest, I would rather they wait until 10:30am and take all the food out the back to dish up there (out of sight, out of mind). Not once have I seen one of the younger employees behave this way, only the older ladies who seem to run the floor.

The dinner was nice in the restaurant perfect portion sizes, but I ended up with a migraine and left without dessert. My dinner was mixed sate which comes out served on a mini hot plate bbq with hot coals underneath. The presentation has that "wow" factor but that quickly wore off after it had been at our table for 30 seconds. The smell and the amount of smoke that comes pouring off the coals is horrible. I took the skewers straight off and put the coals on a table next to us. My clothes and hair ended up smelling like I had sat next to a Bon Fire for a week and it was only a minute or two. The sate skewers were delicious but the smell from the burning coals really left my partner and I feeling ill.

The house keepers are so so friendly. They were the first and only smile I saw around the hotel each day. I can't say anything about the pool attendants however because I didn't get to interact with them having not used the pools.

Grand Inna, I will recommend this hotel based on the room type I had and location, however the restaurant needs some big improvements, especially friendliness of the staff which is what I am basing my rating on as your staff are the face of your business.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank worldisyouroyster0

Dear worldisyouroyster0

Thank you for the detailed experience you shared on this platform.

Please accept my sincere apologize for the inconvenience that you had during stay. I very well received your feedback which I will look into together with my team to improve our service in the future, both in breakfast area and around pools.

I was delighted that Houskeeping team had delivered its best service which was met your expectation during stay. Giving the best service and make our guests happy during their stay are our top priority here and we will fix what it lacks of in order to achieve our mission that is guests' satisfaction.

Once again I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here in March with a group of 20 people. Loved the pool access room and swim up bar. Waited a while for room service was the only down fall. Staff we friendly and helpful. Would stay again and recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear hayleyrose5596

Thank you for your review and I apologize for the inconvenience that you had during stay. This issue has been addressed to the related department for improvement in the future.

Despite the lack of service, I was delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with the whole group.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 4 days and loved it, the rooms were clean and modern. We were in the new wing. The food was good. The service was great.

They had 3 pools and they were warm, couldn’t cool down.
Twice we ordered the happy hour cocktails and couldn’t taste any alcohol . Tasted more like a fruit juice. Watching them making it aftwards I did notice that the amount of alcohol was very minimal.. not sure if this is all the time or just when we ordered it..

The place is big, right on the beach, great location.

I would go again...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear iiSkipper

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts related to your stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and glad to read that you loved the room.

Please accept my sincere apologize regarding the cocktail. I will review with my team and I appreciate your feedback.

Should you plan your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact my team in reservation at reservation1@grandinnakuta.com.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.