“Good hotel with great location”

Kuta Paradiso Hotel
Ranked #41 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Bira, Indonesia
“Good hotel with great location”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here in November and again in December because it has a great location and their service is always good. The buffet breakfast is fantastic with a huge variety to choose from - ranging from western foods through to asian. Rooms are always clean and reception staff very friendly and helpful.
The first time I stayed I had a sea view room on the top floor at the back which was lovely and quiet with great view. The second time I was given a front room near the road and it was very noisy from the bars and restaurants nearby. If you enjoy a good nights sleep make sure to ask for a room at the back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Carol M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The pool was nice! Overall, I would say the stay is pretty good and service is great, too!
The staffs at the restaurants (ibu-ibu) were very friendly, they even explained to us about the different types of 'kuih' they have and their origins.
Except that I agree with the other reviewers that some parts of the hotel is pretty rundown.
And I saw a mouse one night.... Room cleanliness was ok though...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Booking was a breeze when arriving at reception desk. Allowed us to use their computers to book on the spot. Upgraded us as well to the top floor with a great view hence the trees. Breakfast was good and loved the salad buffet, which allowed me to make my normal aussie breakfast of cheese and salad. Lots to choose from.
Pool was nice but your lucky to get a lounge if your in a group. Drinks are way to expensive by the pool as was the bottled water. Always utilized the free water from our room for a poolside refresher.
Rooms were cleaned daily. But unfortunately had to ask for clean mugs and drinking glasses on a daily basis as washing them in the bathroom sink did not do it for me.
Had to ask fir facewasher on a daily basis and bath towels as sometimes they didnt replace with dirty laundry!!
Will i stay there again. Big fat yes i would. Little things can be resolved with proper training.
Great stay and highly recommend due to its location and service.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and over three trips I have been "upgraded" twice. Both times I felt I was downgraded rather than upgraded. My last room had a constant leak at the entry from the ceiling, more mosquitoes in the room than around the pool, no hot water and a door bell which chose to go off at random times after midnight.
I have stayed here with my company in the past but have communicated with the booking agent so no one else will be staying here in the future.

Unless you are desperate. Wouldn't recommend this hotel as a three star let alone a five.

Room Tip: Unless you are get a room elsewhere I couldn't recommend ANY room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel is in need of a major refurb. I don't get the need for a Ferrari to be.on display in the port cochere - this just says to me the owner (who owns most of Kuta Square I believe) has either a problem with the size of his manhood or likes to flaunt his wealth by showing off his toys. Perhaps he might consider selling the Ferrari to help pay for a refurb- to tout the property as 5 star is just wrong given the fact that Bali now has a number of real 5 star properties. Plastic plants and palm trees in the lobby (did I mention the red Ferrari?) dated furniture and lifts that slam shut on you with sensors not working. Shower pressure varies from a trickle to a trickle of hot, cold, warm, hot, cold, I give up! Timber flooring in the room that is lifting and in some parts has been nailed down. The room had a bizarre mixture of different furniture, I think it is the result of an attempted soft refurb several years ago. Bed was comfortable and we managed a good nights sleep. The restaurants were ok- as per usual, you need to ask for bacon and the tea and coffee tastes like a dish cloth. Service was excellent and prompt except for the one morning the host greeted us with a grunt and without a smile motioned us to the restaurant next door to have breakfast as the main restaurant was full. next up was the pool area- the usual suspects head down at 6am and place towels & a token book on lounges in order to secure them for the day and in one case I saw a couple in their 70,s do this and not return to the lounges until 2pm that afternoon! - of course people had to go without due to peoples selfishness including Mr & Mrs Mangle who 'pretended' to be there. Mrs Mangle opinion on conversations being had by people within her earshot were not appreciated or asked for! Back to the pool- no one policing people with glass in the pool whilst throwing a basketball into a hoop and to the parent who just said 'oh well' to Mrs Mangle when she asked her to stop her vile children from jumping off a walkway about 15 foot off the ground and into the pool (with a concrete ledge just waiting to crack open one of the kids heads) you need to be a bit more considerate to others and control your kids instead of concentrating on getting paralytic darls! - All through this not one staff member stepped in to resolve / enforce etc. I counted 6 pool lights that were just hanging there whilst 1 was tied with wire in an attempt to secure it. WiFi service was terrible despite me counting at least 30 access points around the property. Slow, slow, slow-- I ended up getting a SIM card which was faster than the hotels wifi! Everywhere you look in this hotel you see damage that the lovely staff have done their best to repair but clearly the owner is just plain greedy and won't spend any money. Service from staff is what makes this hotel bearable- room service with our constant request for ice was fantastic, breakfast service was fantastic, housekeeping fantastic, reception fantastic (special mention to Ruth and the Night Auditor who were very helpful and friendly) and concierge were fantastic. I didn't really appreciate being brought the wrong dish at the Couple 9 restaurant - we ordered fried squid but got someone else's order of fried FROG and were only told after we began to eat it other than that issue the other times we ate there it was fine. So, in summary- don't go there expecting a 5 star hotel and you will be ok and to the.owner - refurbish before you have no guests and don't over exaggerate your product offering in its current form.

Room Tip: 3rd or 5th floor pool view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nick P
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had an early bird package 50% off and I thought it was a good deal. We were welcomed by their staff at the airport because of our complimentary airport transfers. He waited eventhough we were so late (due to long immigration queue at the airport). Staffs are welcoming, very hospitable and I honestly did not see anything negative about them.

We were given a room in 3rd floor. And I must say the building looks old, the key is still old-fashioned and sometimes the door is hard to open (you have to slightly force it) I saw the lock from inside was already broken (cracked) but they just fixed it with screws in place and did not replace it. The toilet was okay, shower needs replacement because it looks old and a bit dirty. But considering the size of the bathroom, the toilet was okay. It has bathtub, flush is working well, hairdryer also working fine.

The bed is the best thing about this hotel, i guess. It is so comfortable, not so soft, it felt just right! I had a good night sleep for 3 nights! We had king-size bed just as we requested. There is a balcony and i must say we got the worst view. We were exactly at the top of the cafe and the roof of the cafe blocked our view. Also, unlike other balconies, ours has concrete fence (different from others, which are wooden and has slits) so I could not see any view from until my waist. Anyway, it was too minor for us as we did not care about the hotel view.

The room service was very very good. They clean very neatly and refill all the toiletries. The toiletries include small brush and toothbrush (which are missing in some hotels!). They also turn on the AC every after they clean, so when we arrive there it is a bit cold (good for my husband as he likes the room cold)

Wi-fi connection is not so strong but it is okay for me because I would rather stay offline than connected on the internet! :D

The food is not so great, but it is decent and they do change some of the menu. I liked the omelette so make sure you ask in the staff there to make one for you.

The location is very close to malls, restaurants. Walking distance to Jln Poppies and Jln Legian, where most of the good restaurants are located. Make sure to try the Italian restaurant Al dente (across the hotel). It is so near that I still have the hotel's wifi while I was eating.

Over-all, i think this hotel is good just because I did not encounter anything bad. It was a good experience staying in this hotel. I paid 50% less than the original price which is a good thing! If more expensive than that, I would have expected more from this hotel.

Would I go back? For 50% off, yes!

Room Tip: Choose the room on the first floor or on the side of the hotel, 5tth floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaharra Mae O
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Kuta Paradiso is a beautiful hotel, but be wary! They proudly display 5 stars on their website and on their brand new fountain installed last week, but this is nowhere near a 5-star hotel experience!
To be realistic, this is a 3.5 to 4 star hotel.

Major tip to take into consideration before your trip: Book your room through the hotel website and look for "Earlybirds Deals" or "Last Minute Deals" which gives you 50% off the normal room price and some benefits such as discount for laundry, vouchers for restaurants in the area, drink on arrival, discount for spa, etc...
Booking website such as Expedia will rip you off by charging you full price.

50% off the normal price is the MAXIMUM price I would pay for this hotel to consider the experience being good for the value. If I had paid more or the full price, I would have felt ripped off.

Why is that? Well the full price is the same as any 5-star hotel and Kuta Paradiso clearly isn't one!

We had a Deluxe Pool View Room.
The room was spacious, was equipped with a LG LCD TV of about 32" with loads of channels and a good aircon.
It has a shower and a bath.
The bed is sold as a King-size bed. We booked almost 1 year in advance for our holidays and specifically requested a king-size bed room.
They still gave us a twin-bed room and put the 2 beds next to each others. The bed was comfy but have you ever tried to cuddle with your partner on 2 beds put next to each others? Not ideal!
The shower was impossible to adjust in temperature. It was or too cold or too hot but you couldn't feel any "in-between" change when adjusting the temperature.
The toilet flush wasn't working efficiently and if we weren't careful it would keep flushing 24/7.
The bath plug wasn't working the first night but I called the reception and someone came within 5 minutes and fixed it in 10 minutes. That was efficient.
The room also has a balcony with a table and 2 chairs.
The door has a doorbell and some people one night decided to punch into all of them which broke ours and if we didn't press the "do not disturb" button, it would ring constantly. We mentioned it to reception who sent someone to fix it. It didn't fix anything so we just stuck to the "Do not disturb" button to have a comfortable sleep.

Overall, paying the extra for the pool-view was worth it for the nice view but we could hear kids screaming in the pool as soon as 6AM... Yes, ladies and gentlemen, 6AM! Don't kids and parents sleep on holidays???

The swimming-pool is big on 2 storeys. Decent space to swim, enough sunbeds around the pool. It also has 1 "water-basket" court and 1 "water-volleyball" court and a pool-bar with 4 seats but this is not a swim-in pool-bar. You can still drink and smoke from there though!

The gym is decent but the aircon is getting old and me and my partner never sweated that much in our life. At least we had access to unlimited drinking water from the gym.

We didn't try the spa.

The breakfast is disgusting and completely Asian-oriented. If you don't want noodles for brekkie, stick to cereals and toasts! Do not even try the coffee, just drink juice or water!
The hotel was full of Japanese tourists who were treated like royalty by all staff members when those same staff members didn't bother with us or any other Westerners so I think that's also one of the reason why the breakfast is more designed for them than for Westerners.

The cocktails at the pool bar were good and reasonably priced. So was room service food.

We tried the Japanese restaurant inside Paradiso, my partner loved it. I personally don't like Japanese food so I will keep my opinion for myself on this point.

We didn't try the 3rd restaurant which seemed to be seafood and located on the main street at the front of the hotel. Anyway, who would be crazy enough to eat seafood in Bali? Especially when you see some weird dirty plastic water bottles floating in the seafood tanks and the only smell around that restaurant was sewers!

The staff was OK but nothing near a 5-star hotel. The reception staff was the best. The conversion rate was decent ($1 AUD = IDR10.000) and safer than the money exchange shops from the street.
Restaurant staff was not friendly.

Airport transfers were organised on-time by the hotel, someone waited for us at the airport and someone took us back to the airport on time for our plane. This was also complimentary with the "Early Bird Package".

We organised tours through the hotel. It was overpriced for what it was. Our guide was really friendly and interesting though and clearly deserved his tip.

The location of the hotel is perfect. 2 min walk from Waterbom Park, 5 min walk from Discovery Mall, 2 min walk from Kuta Center and Kuta Square. Plenty of restaurants, bars and other hotels within a 10 min walk radius. Next to street shops, flea market and close to spas/massage places. We used the taxi once in 1 week and that's because it was raining.

Wifi connection is free but the reception was poor from the room and was really slow in any case. Best reception was from the lobby, the pool-bar or our balcony.

Overall experience was really good but as I mentioned earlier, do not pay the full price of the room! It is not worth that much. 50% Off packages will give you good value for your money.
It is an old hotel and it starts being obvious and some good renovations could only do good for Kuta Paradiso.
Once again, do not expect a 5 star experience, it is far from it.
To give you an idea we booked in January so we had the chance of keeping the currency exchange rate from that time and ended up paying only $940 AUD for 7 nights. Would I pay $1880 AUD for the same deal? Heck no!

Would we come back to Kuta Paradiso? Definitely yes if we can still get the 50% packages.
If I have to pay full price, definitely no because for the same price I could go to a real 5 star hotel called Discovery Kartika Plaza.

Room Tip: Definitely book a Pool-View room or an Ocean-View if you can afford it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple