“Perfect Position”
Review of Bali Summer Hotel

Bali Summer Hotel
Ranked #208 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here for 8 days April/May, the second stop on our trip. Location Location Location. Perfectly centred between Bimo Corner, Mata Hari Shopping Complex, Markets & the Beach. Everything is within 3-5 minutes stroll. Even the Shrine (bombing) is only 10 minutes walk.

Pro's: Rooms are very comfortable and CLEAN. The Dining area/Bar is continually maintained.
The Staff are fabulous. Always smiling and having a good laugh with you. The service of meals (Lunch & Dinner) is swift and most importantly hot meals are HOT. The swimming pool is spotless. The evening's entertainment: Leo,Tommy, Lily and Max is the highlight of this Hotel. Not only are they talented, played everything from 60's hard rock to current chart numbers, BUT socialise with the audience during every break. They are real party type people.

Con's: Shower over the bath has poor hot water pressure, however showering with cold water only is like having a luke warm cup of tea anyway.

Breakfast needs improvement. Except for the egg station, all the hot meals were barely warm, and all the cold food was at room temperature, NOT chilled. Choice was bacon & sausages, tomatoes, an Asian noodle or rice, toast, fruit juice and the eggs. Every day same-same. No cereals. This is the third hotel that we have stayed at in Bali, and ALL suffer this same problem.

The Con's are VERY minor in the overall picture. This is a great Hotel. It is listed as a 3 star, but we feel it is more 4, and would definitely recommend and stay again.

We also stayed at the Capitol Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, The Centara Duangtawan in Chiang Mai & the Areca Lodge in Pattaya, during this holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roggoes
John L, Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Hello Roggo,

Thank you for your post.

We are working hard on making Bali Summer better and better.
Our Group took over management of the hotel in January, 2013.

We have fixed up a lot of the rooms, repainted all over, replaced tv's, furniture, etc,
Were doing the best we can with the budget we have to work with, it is getting better
every month.

The breakfast issue. We are changing it around and adding more items here and there.
Still a work in progress, but getting better.

We have also bought more water systems, so pressure is better, but we still have some issues on the top floor when to many people take showers at same time, but we are aware of it and trying to fix it. If a customer has a problem just need to call front desk, our guys will be on it right away.

Please come visit us again, thanks, John Lerner.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel is ok and the people nice but
when I asked the night before Cheack out they said that they still had room. When I went in the next morning and asked to book the room. I was told ha no more rooms ha ha. Disgusting. The manner of some stuff needs to be looked at. The food was terrible. Dnt get the whole fish. Its more skin and bones. Still can't believe that they lie to people saying they he room When they clearly Dnt.

• Stayed: April 2013
sukendro s, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team apologised for the inconvenience cause and putting this feedback as a serious information were we should improved in the future. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

It's a 3 stars hotel that worth every money that i spend, the room for me, comfortable, the toilet small but clean, the services really nice and fast and yet the breakfast also good. Nothing much i can say but for those who want a budget hotel, with an excellent services in the middle of the town, all walking distance, BALI SUMMER HOTEL is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MeeraIshak

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This Hotel is very close to Kuta Square the rooms are set back so noise is not a problem. The Pool is lovely and the staff very helpful. However I needed a triple room I explained in my emails that we 3 single women would not share a bed, we were offered a room with a queen bed and a single bed. It took quite awhile to get a change of room finally we did and all was fine we had 2 single beds and a mattress on the floor better than the other alternative. The bathrooms are new but they shower leaks over the floor every time it's on. I stayed at this hotel 7 years ago unfortunately the restaurant was tired then and it's very tired now. The breakfast are traditional or eggs cooked to order last time pancakes were on offer this time you could order them but they were badly undercooked we finally went out for breakfast th e last few days. This was disappointing as we had paid for breakfast in our accomodation. the lunch and dinner menu is not a very good standard I would think carefully about staying at the hotel again.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a lift make sure if you book you able to walk up to the 1st or 2nd floor. T...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank April120449

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Nice hotel with friendly staff. The hotel is close to the beach and the tourist area poppies/ legian street but is quiet during the night. Nice breakfast (eggs, panecakes, toast, rice). Clean and spacious rooms with a balcony.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda S
sukendro s, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

December 6, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your valuable comment as we will always do our best to ensure we offer a memorable experience for guests when staying in Bali Summer Hotel

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +62 819 3275 1556 or directly email me at kendro@thetirtha.com and I on behalf of Bali Summer Hotel and Resort look forward to seeing you again stay with us

Reviewed 15 October 2012

On arrival they didn't have a room for me. Prepaid fully I quietly waited while they sorted that out.Then my room wasn't ready..When is was very polite young man took me to it and carried my luggage..Nice touch.. I walked in and I had booked a queen deluxe.. The room had 2 single beds .. I said that's not right .. So a room attendant came up and pushed the 2 beds together. .. "There you go Mam " He didn't make it up just left it like that.
The bath was gross, One bedspread I would not even let a dog sleep on, if I had one..
Used the toilet a it was broken, they are going to fix it when I leave. Nice! it's going to run for 2 days.
The sink was filthy,as was the mirror..
The sheets looked like they had been slept on ..
Reception area seems to be the show piece..from there on it's crap ...
I booked here because I had eaten in the street side restaurant and it was great and still is..

Room Tip: Don't Stay here there are better options..
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
sukendro s, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback which you gave us to implement improvements and to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

If your stay in Bali is just to have an easy access to clubs, tour booking booth, restaurants, cafe, money exchange vendor, Kuta beach and of course; to ONLY sleep...with economical rate....this is one of the hotel you may opt for,,,,,

The good side:
- friendly and polite staff (4 star staff)
- clean (seriously...it is well clean by the housekeeping staff)
- good exterior design
- medium rate facilities
- decent pool

The bad side:
- the interior design need MAJOR renovation (room: closet, side table, mirror table, bath tub and mini fridge - need replacement)
- unpredictable WIFI/internet connection (they only have two avail PC for in house guest at the lobby)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends