“NEVER EVER AGAIN”
Review of Bali Summer Hotel

Bali Summer Hotel
Ranked #215 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We traveled with our 2 year old daughter and our parents to Bali for the first time. We booked this hotel through Booking,com and when we reached there at night, we were given 2 rooms (despite having indicated that I need one double bed room) to accommodate my kid, they gave us 2 twin rooms. The hotel from the outset of it looks quite presentable but when we walked up the stairs to get to the 3rd floor where our room was allocated, and there us no lift in this hotel, I was pretty shocked to see the room as it was quite small and cramped but to make it worse, the bathroom was not so clean and the bathtub had some stains on it. I immediately got down to the reception desk and told them that I need a double bed room as I have requested earlier to accommodate my baby but they said that all the double rooms are full except for the ones at the ground floor to which we will have to pay more. After much persuasion, the staff allowed us to stay in the double room without any extra charges. However, the bathroom in this room is not clean at all with the tub having stains in it and worst still there is no hot water in the room. When inquired, the staff said that the hotel is having some solar hub problem which the owner has not changed the hub yet and therefore the hot water is not really working. I had to bathe my poor baby in the lukewarm water and in a dirty bathroom :( To make all these even worse, the room was full of mosquitoes that made it a nuisance for us to sleep. My daughter woke up in the morning with full of mosquitoes bites all over her body. The room next to us was very noisy at the middle of the night and in the early morning itself that made me not able to sleep at all. When I informed the reception about it in the morning the next day, they did not even acknowledge it. They were very ignorant. As for my parents who had to stay in the room upstairs, it was even worst where there was no hot water at all and the water flow in the bathroom was very very slow that it was almost just drippings of water. Their room aircon did not work in the middle of the night that they had to ask for a room change at that hour. Overall this hotel is a TOTAL NO NO for me. Total disappointment

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Sukendro, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at Bali Summer Hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate for your loyalty.

Sincerely yours,

Bali Summer Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Bali Summer Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We found this place online and thought to check it out. At the reception we were quoted a higher price than shown online so we bargain (quite hard) and promised 3 nights stay.
Good points:
Good location 5 mins walk to Kuta beach
Nice leafy courtyard
Bad points:
A bit tired looking rooms, bed sheets were so off white boarder lining grey.
Cupboard doors were broken
Smells coming out from toilet
Tap for shower is broken and hard to turn on
Fridge was not working, we spoke to the reception but nothing was done. Since we didn't need it we didn't bother to follow up.
One day when we were sitting on the balcony the housekeeping staff saw us and walked away instead of offering to clean. We managed to get fresh towels though.
Breakfast was ok, bubur ayam was good but lack seasoning.

All in all we got what we paid for I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TheTravellingStomach

Dear Valued Guest,

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Bali Summer Hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was recommended by my driver in Bali to stay at this hotel, this is kind of old hotel, the price is okay, but do not have enough option of TV channel, the shower flow is very slow especially the cool water and the others guest is very noisy. the best of this hotel is they locations, because is close to the beach and practically in the middle of buzzing Kuta, which means easy access to almost everywhere near Kuta, NT but this is not a privileges of this hotel, they are many other
What disappoints me most is during breakfast, where I ordered an american breakfast, it did not come with any meat, which clearly has been stated in the menu that all the eggs come with either beacon, ham or sausages, and worst when I told one of the female servant, she trying to fool me by saying that the meat only come with the omelettes, as if I could read English. And I'm wondering if she ever done that to white people? or she said that just because I'm a local tourist? and when I asked them to speak with the manager, they seems to hide the manager from me, for the next 2 days? weird . . .

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors might have less noise from the outside and of course above ;)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank savasati
John L, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Hi Sava,

Very sorry you did not have a better time at the Bali Summer.

Our customers are usually pretty quiet people. In future, can always ask front desk to move you into a different room if there is a problem like this.

TV Channels.. We are working on this. We are trying to get FoxTail, and more stations.
I do not have a ETA on that yet, but it is under review, and I will show the board your complaint which may help push the resolution to this problem sooner..

Water Issue.. I will ask the board to make it a priority to fix this issue, however, most of the rooms are okay right now, but again, you can always ask to be moved to another room,
but none the less, will try to push them to fix the rest of the rooms a.s.a.p.

American Breakfast does have meat. If there is anyway you can email me the room you stayed
at, and the name of the person who told you that it did not in the restaurant, would be helpful,
we have had some school interns training there the past couple of weeks, we will get to the bottom of that. Please email TirthaHotels at Gmail com

If anyone ever has a complaint while here, ask for KENDRO at the front desk.
He is the VP of Tirtha who also Managers the Bali Summer.
He is a great guy, and will take care of you any way he can.

Thank you for your complaint, we will try to fix these problems a.s.a.p.
Please give us another try, will discount you, and make sure things will be better next time.

Thanks, John Lerner (CTO) Tirtha Hotels.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here for 8 days April/May, the second stop on our trip. Location Location Location. Perfectly centred between Bimo Corner, Mata Hari Shopping Complex, Markets & the Beach. Everything is within 3-5 minutes stroll. Even the Shrine (bombing) is only 10 minutes walk.

Pro's: Rooms are very comfortable and CLEAN. The Dining area/Bar is continually maintained.
The Staff are fabulous. Always smiling and having a good laugh with you. The service of meals (Lunch & Dinner) is swift and most importantly hot meals are HOT. The swimming pool is spotless. The evening's entertainment: Leo,Tommy, Lily and Max is the highlight of this Hotel. Not only are they talented, played everything from 60's hard rock to current chart numbers, BUT socialise with the audience during every break. They are real party type people.

Con's: Shower over the bath has poor hot water pressure, however showering with cold water only is like having a luke warm cup of tea anyway.

Breakfast needs improvement. Except for the egg station, all the hot meals were barely warm, and all the cold food was at room temperature, NOT chilled. Choice was bacon & sausages, tomatoes, an Asian noodle or rice, toast, fruit juice and the eggs. Every day same-same. No cereals. This is the third hotel that we have stayed at in Bali, and ALL suffer this same problem.

The Con's are VERY minor in the overall picture. This is a great Hotel. It is listed as a 3 star, but we feel it is more 4, and would definitely recommend and stay again.

We also stayed at the Capitol Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, The Centara Duangtawan in Chiang Mai & the Areca Lodge in Pattaya, during this holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roggoes
John L, Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Hello Roggo,

Thank you for your post.

We are working hard on making Bali Summer better and better.
Our Group took over management of the hotel in January, 2013.

We have fixed up a lot of the rooms, repainted all over, replaced tv's, furniture, etc,
Were doing the best we can with the budget we have to work with, it is getting better
every month.

The breakfast issue. We are changing it around and adding more items here and there.
Still a work in progress, but getting better.

We have also bought more water systems, so pressure is better, but we still have some issues on the top floor when to many people take showers at same time, but we are aware of it and trying to fix it. If a customer has a problem just need to call front desk, our guys will be on it right away.

Please come visit us again, thanks, John Lerner.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel is ok and the people nice but
when I asked the night before Cheack out they said that they still had room. When I went in the next morning and asked to book the room. I was told ha no more rooms ha ha. Disgusting. The manner of some stuff needs to be looked at. The food was terrible. Dnt get the whole fish. Its more skin and bones. Still can't believe that they lie to people saying they he room When they clearly Dnt.

• Stayed: April 2013
sukendro s, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team apologised for the inconvenience cause and putting this feedback as a serious information were we should improved in the future. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

It's a 3 stars hotel that worth every money that i spend, the room for me, comfortable, the toilet small but clean, the services really nice and fast and yet the breakfast also good. Nothing much i can say but for those who want a budget hotel, with an excellent services in the middle of the town, all walking distance, BALI SUMMER HOTEL is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MeeraIshak

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This Hotel is very close to Kuta Square the rooms are set back so noise is not a problem. The Pool is lovely and the staff very helpful. However I needed a triple room I explained in my emails that we 3 single women would not share a bed, we were offered a room with a queen bed and a single bed. It took quite awhile to get a change of room finally we did and all was fine we had 2 single beds and a mattress on the floor better than the other alternative. The bathrooms are new but they shower leaks over the floor every time it's on. I stayed at this hotel 7 years ago unfortunately the restaurant was tired then and it's very tired now. The breakfast are traditional or eggs cooked to order last time pancakes were on offer this time you could order them but they were badly undercooked we finally went out for breakfast th e last few days. This was disappointing as we had paid for breakfast in our accomodation. the lunch and dinner menu is not a very good standard I would think carefully about staying at the hotel again.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a lift make sure if you book you able to walk up to the 1st or 2nd floor. T...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends