“Quiet at Christmas”

Ranked #133 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth
“Quiet at Christmas”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

7 lads stayed at this hotel after members of the group had stayed here before.
They said it was a great place to party. Being a lads holiday this was just what we wanted.
After reading the reviews on here I was expecting no sleep what so ever, but that was not the case. As we went 21/12 to 24/12 kuta itself was very quiet and the bounty was no exception. I enjoyed this as it ment the second pool was virtually empty all the time.
The location of this hotel is perfect. Central to everything left is beach and a new shopping centre right is markets bars and the main clubs, all within easy walking distance.
The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable and air con very cold.
Staff were very helpful, taking our bags to the room, advising on trips and letting us into our rooms after locking ourselves out.
Drinks were cheap with happy hour periods and food was good from the 24hr room service which was handy after a night out. Breakfast was average small selection but was told by members in our group that the egg station was well worth the wait in line.
Hotel arranged taxi to the airport which was very handy.
I would come back here again with the lads, am considering returning with my fiancé but unsure due to the reviews on noise. As I said when we were here before Xmas it was quiet. If I knew it would be the same again I would without a doubt book with her as the hotel itself is perfect, due to possible noise I'm unsure this would be the right hotel for a romantic break.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank leannecraigauz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Bounty is for us a home away from home ...full of young people who just want to party . Two swimming pools are perfect venue for great parties . Other hotspots are near by . Beach is jus a walking distance . Staff is quite helpfull. I booked it at he airport nd got a good deal . Nice 2 days break for us ...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tom S
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2013

At every hour of every day, there is an intolerable amount of racquet coming from the central pool area. This place was seemed to be a mecca for every type of person who I hate having to tolerate in this country, so I normally avoid them the best I can, SO to spend most my time being surrounded by the very people who I find it hard to be around REALLY tested my patience, and it didn't hold out long. This place was THAT LOUD all night, you could hear the rhythmic thumping of the Bass through the walls in your room with the Door closed and the TV on... ALL NIGHT AND ALL DAY. to make things worse, they hand out whistles to their intoxicated patrons, so on top of the Bass, you get a chorus of ear-splitting whistles.

Fortunately for me, another friend was staying in Bali at the time, and I crashed her resort in Nusa Dua. MUCH Nicer and exactly what I had in mind for a holiday in Bali. Incidentally, I left Bounty Hotel Early and would not stay there if my life depends on it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Luke C

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the bounty hotel over Christmas the hotel was lovely and a massive change from Asia where we had been travelling from. The front desk was really helpful and lovely the only downside was that you had to pay for wifi! The rooms were big and clean with tv, fridge aircon, bath/shower and the beds were really comfy! The swimming pool was lovely and the swim up bar was fun however I found the music got too loud in the evening that you couldn't even shout a conversation with people and over dinner it was impossible. The staff were really friendly and always said hello the only problem was trying to get a taxi they asked you to walk to the main road and wouldn't order one and when ordering our taxi to the airport when we left the staff in the evening said they would sort it out however I the morning the new staff had no idea and no taxi turned up! The location was brilliant! Only a 5 minute walk away from the bars and restaurants, next to the shopping mall and 10 minutes walk from the beach. I wouldn't rush back to the bounty as I wasn't overly keen on Bali but I would stay here again it is deffinately a young persons party hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

For those who haven't been since mid 2012, there has been some big changes. The central pool and stage area has been fully re-developed, the pool us fully re-tiled, that painful sloping ledge is gone, and there is a shelf around the entirety of the pool, much more user friendly! The bar is bigger, the stage is massive and it just looks a lot nicer. But that is where the changes end. The rooms have been the same for the last 4 years I've been going and are getting a little tired. Water pressure and temperature in the bathrooms always has and always will be hit and miss! I had a couple of coldish showers, but when you come in from 31 degree weather with high humidity, it can be quite nice. The rooms whilst dated serve the purpose they are meant, the beds are comfy, the aircon keeps the room at a constant 17* and the linen on the beds is always clean and tidy. Housekeeping is great, they value their jobs too much to steal from guests, and all the staff make it their mission to ensure you are having a great time, you will be treated like a 'boss' =). For location, Bounty is right in the mix, a 5 minute walk to the beach, and the same to the clubs. You come to Bounty to party, not to watch movies in the room all day or sleep. We had a triple room on the 3rd floor next to the 2nd pool, aprox 40m away from the main pool which is 24hr, and we had no issue with noise or revelry. We went for the epic New Years party, and it was just like their friday night party, but on steroids, like I said, we came to party, and Bounty delivered! The cocktails are slowly getting more and more expensive, the big 'jugs' at the pool were $135,000 ($13.50 AUD), which adds up pretty quickly, considering a bintang is $33,000 ($3.30 AUD).

You go to Bounty to have a party, it is not a 'relax' hotel. Young at heart is the slogan, and the average guest age is between 18-27. I loved it, I'm 22 and it's the 3rd time I've been now and I will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Away from the main pool, ground or 2nd floor
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tom-Davies
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 December 2012

It was a great place for people who like party and beat music. Everyday loud and loud start evening its like warming up for party goer. Location is good, we dont need to enter the alley.Walk about 30 meters from legian street and very close from kuta beach and beachwalk. Room is fairly clean and staff also friendly. But its not recommended place for people who wont party and noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ica S
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2012

After reading all the bad reviews on here, i honestly thought i was in for a treat. But the bounty blew all of that out of the water, not only was our room spotless the staff where amazing!
Yes it is a party hotel but if your not in bali to party it isn't for you.
I cannot recommend the bounty enough if you between 18-35. We traveled with 9 girls and got three deluxe triple rooms. They where perfect! The beds where comfortable at the atmosphere at this hotel was amazing! We all will be going back next year! And the friday night party what a blast!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from main pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends