Fat Yogi Cottages
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$641
US$109
Agoda.com
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$65
US$97
US$79
Agoda.com
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$84
Agoda.com
Bintang Bali Resort(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$96
Agoda.com
The Patra Bali Resort & Villas(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$78
Agoda.com
Febri's Hotel & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$56
US$180
US$159
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$79
Agoda.com
Hard Rock Hotel Bali(Kuta)
US$189
US$145
Hard Rock Bali
All reviewshavana restaurantper nightnice poolbamboo cornerplace to staycheap staybooked a superior roomincluding breakfastcheap hoteltea coffeefridgebaliconsleakprosheapswarung
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My 4th or 5th stay, I have to say I like this simple and inexpensive little place. Inmidst the center of Poppies 1, hence quiet and friendly, not overly helpful, but a fair deal. Little pool, some flowers, small breakfast, reservations work out well, luggage storage, all fine. Room service gave me my iPhone back when I forgot it in the room - that's not a given in Kuta.. very nice!

Just do yourself a favor and don't rent motorbikes through them from "Made Buleleng" opposite the guesthouse! These guys are scumbags. They gave us a motorbike with a fault, pumped the back tyre up upon arrival, so "it's nice and tight for 2 passengers". After 45 minutes that very tube bursted in the middle of nowhere, cost 50.000 to repair it (luckily we found a garage with the help on a local friend). Whole thing cost us 1,5 hrs and would have been impossible without a local phone.
When we returned the bike, the guy had this knowing giggle in his face. "Really" he said and laughed at us. Of course he was happy we repaired the faulty tyre and had paid 100.000 Rp for bike and repair. We threw the keys up on the next roof instead of handing them back to him and luckily that was all. Opposite "Masa Inn" at the tourist counter would be a better choice to rent a bike. 50.000 Rupiah is the going rate for a day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NiccOnTheRoad
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was our second stay at Fat Yogi. The room there is basic but it has a comfortable bed and pillows. The rooms are dated but are nice the shower head's could use some CLR but when your only paying $26 a night it's really not a big deal. The room's all have nice newer TV's's which really is a bit of a bonus. The pool is the nicest pool we have ever had at any hotel in Bali and is very clean. The grounds around the hotel are lush green garden's and a coy pond and is extremely peaceful which is very surprising as it's straight off Poppies one. The breakfast is basic but tasty it's a bit on the small side for a lot of people but if you ask reception when you order breakfast it's only like 5,000irp to get more toast and an extra egg or to get a bacon and cheese toasted sandwich. Also big up's to the staff they are truly wonderful and very helpful and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank acblake
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Fat Yogi Cottages is a great budget alternative in Kuta. At about a 5 minute walk from the beach, right in between the hectic streets of the town, you will find this great hidden gem. Outside the resort, it might look a bit dodgy, yet once you enter, you'll notice it's actually a quite nice and relaxed place.

I stayed here for two nights and didn't experience any trouble from the bar located next to the hotel. Havana is a nice lounge bar with relaxed latin music, which I only experienced as an added bonus when I was swimming in the pool at night. You would not hear any noise in the room (on the first floor) at all.

The people working at Fat Yogi where definitely very helpful and friendly. They arranged for an airport pick-up for a reasonable price and helped us find a driver who drove us around on our last day and dropped us off at the airport in time for our flight. Great place. Try the banana pancake for breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

After reading some favourable reviews, I thought we'd give Fat Yogi a try. Mistake.
The rooms are dingy and dirty, and are in dire need of a deep clean. Filthy towel from the previous occupant behind the bathroom door, dubious stains in the bed,dirt and dust everywhere. The bits of filthy toilet tissue and god knows what on the bathroom floor was enough to make me gag. I didn't want to touch anything in the bathroom, especially the door handle, which was encrusted with filth. The light switches also were black with dirt.
The breakfast was tiny and if I had looked in the kitchen beforehand, I would have left immediately. It was beyond filthy. I'm surprised we weren't ill.
Most of the staff were indolent and idle. With the exception of one lady, they sat around the pool, or the computer. The only staff that seemed to do anything were the gardeners and builders. We booked transport to the airport at reception, paid 100k rp, and waited. And waited. And waited.The guy that took our money had disappeared. It took a screaming match down the phone by the lady to the guy to eventually get the money back!
If I could review using no stars I would.
The only saving grace is the pool, which is nice,so that gets a star.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jakilowe
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Before you part with any cash please take a quick look in the kitchen, and then decide. If you don't want the dreaded Bali belly then turn around go across the square and book into The Secret Garden, yuk. One member of staff also stole our 100,000 rupiah for a car to the airport, eventually we did get it back. We tried to save a few dollars but you get what you pay for. On arrival the staff just sat and watched as we hauled heavy cases and bags up the stairs to our rooms, and they have to have the most uncomfortable sun loungers in Kuta.

Stayed: October 2013