“nice location”

Ranked #184 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Seoul
“nice location”
Reviewed 20 February 2010

The grounds are beautiful - trees, birds, flowers... freshly painted bungalows, each with its own "front porch."
The insides of the rooms are quite dingy, and the linens are shockingly old/stained/torn. Instead of sending their towels out to be laundered as everyone else seems to, they do it themselves. The result is one very rough soured towel that leaves you needing another shower.
The pool is lovely to have but it needs to be better maintained. The grout was slimy and green.
Many of the front desk staff seemed indifferent/rude, but everyone else was quite friendly.
Breakfast is included, but it is best to not watch the food being prepared. Examine your morning fruit carefully and pick out the ants. Remove the rotten banana parts from your jaffle and don't think about it too much. I did enjoy their pot of coffee!
There is free wifi, but it is painfully S L O W. Still, some wifi can be better than no wifi.
It was my first time in Bali, so I don't have much to compare this hotel to. I will say that they were always full. We had to arrive around 9 am to snap up a room that someone had just checked out of. They had been full the day before and seemed to be full thereafter. A pool, even with slimy grout, must be better than no pool!

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 3baekwon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Hm. .. what can I say..
The location is within walking distance to the beach.. but kinda long walk to the legian clus
I enjoyed my stay there, the pool is nice, the staffs are friendly. I stayed in AC Room and got a large room for me.. the bathtub is actually clean but it doesnt seem clean cause using tiles.. at least the hot shower is working :) I requested to have my friend room next door and they gave it..
The breakfast is ok.

I'd like to come back there again..

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank novangely
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 November 2009

upon arrival, we asked for a twin bed but got a double bed. we booked the most expensive room as some reviews warned us on the cheaper rooms, however the ones we stayed in aren't any better. The toilet which I am most concerned is dirty, the rooms smells of strawberry most of the time as the fragrant pot was hanged at air-con outlet and worst of all the blanket although dark in colour is STAINED! The best thing about this place is it is fairly cheap and very strategic. Easy access to the beach, economical restaurants and mini markets.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank LeavingBreadCrumbs

Travellers are raving about these Kuta hotels

australia
Reviewed 16 September 2009

This hotel was pretty good for a stay in. The staff were friendly and they collected me from my prior hotel. The swimming pool was great place to relax around , breakfast was not so exciting as a more expensive hotel but it did fill me up. If you want a more fancy breakfast there is a resturant across the road. there is a 24 hour convenience shop about 40 metres away and a washing service across the road as well. the beach is also about 100 metre walk and macdonalds is about 3 blocks away. alas i didnt travel all that distance to eat macdonalds.
I stayed in economy room becuase my theory on a holiday is that i am not paying to stay all day in a room. Its for sleeping washing and storing my belongings in whilst I am out travelling. Lusa is a good place for this- the prices being that cheap I reneted the room for 2 weeks but also travelled elsewhere in bali staying in other hotels. knowing i didnt have to cart all my gear around was a bonus. In bali you can travel light everything is so cheap that you just buy what you need as you go. I prefered the economy rooms because they wer more private than the delux rooms. Had my own corner all to myself.
Tattooists and night clubs and massage is about 5 minute walk. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable stay at very affordable prices. I will return to see if the jack fruit seed I planted turned into a tree yet. A good tattooist whilst there is Buddha Face Tattoo - you can search them on google. They did an awesum job and i didnt get any disease from them in all the years i have been visiting to get tattoo's

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank nikkiidaniels
UK
Reviewed 23 October 2008

The hotel Lusa is great value for money. The rooms are cleaned every day and the newer rooms have a more powerful fan that keeps the room as cool as possible when staying in 34 degrees! The best thing is the lovely swimming pool with sun loungers so you can kick back after a morning surfing. The free breakfasts are not amazing but they do the job to fill you up! The staff are very helpful and friendly and are always happy to help. Overall our stay was very pleasant and we will definitely be coming back next year to stay in Lusa. Just really is the best value for money with an awesome location, close to the beach and the main shopping and food areas :-)

• Liked — The swimming pool and the clean rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing....we were happy with everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank UkTravelBunny
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2007

The website makes the hotel look very nice, and that's why I booked the hotel - but it is oh so misleading. I stayed in a fan/hot water room. I've stayed in guesthouses throughout Southeast Asia.
- The fan barely worked - there were many times it was cooler outside than it was in my room.
- The windows also don't have nets, so when I tried to cool down the room at night time by sleeping with the windows open, I got eaten alive by mosquitoes.
- The worst part, however, was my encounter with cockroaches. I stayed there for 4 nights and I saw 3 cockroaches during my stay. Twice, the roaches crawled up out of the bathroom drain while I was taking a shower. This is unacceptable.
- The hotel never sent a driver to pick me up from the airport as promised.
- While the hotel is tucked away in a nice corner, close enough to Poppies and the beach, it's not quite. There's a karaoke bar nearby and the singing is very, very loud.

The hotel did have some good parts.
- It's very cheap.
- The staff is not rude - not friendly, but not rude.
- Breakfast is included, and while it's no feast, it's good enough.
- The swimming pool is nice.

• Liked — Swimming pool
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank GoddessKris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Best Western Kuta Beach
Hotel Puri Tanah Lot
Hotel Puri Tanah Lot
#224 of 251 in Kuta
Fourteen Roses Beach Hotel

Been to Hotel Lusa? Share your experiences!