“Regular Visitors”

Bali Rani Hotel
Ranked #92 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
“Regular Visitors”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel Staff are always friendly and treated us well, the restaurants within the the hotel provide both good food and service. The centrally located swimming pool is ideal with easy walk in access. This hotel is located within shopping and restaurant district which is ideal as we are aged travellers.
P&S

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phil C
Anton A, General Manager at Bali Rani Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Phil C,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you again at Bali Rani Hotel in the near future.

Anton Adijaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
West Aust
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were travelling with our children and because no hotel will guarantee connecting rooms I decided to just book the Family Suite as it is, according to the hotel website's layout/diagram of the FS, is two rooms and two bathrooms and are located on the ground floor with easy access to the pool.

So it was surprising when at checkin at 1:30am in the morning, we were escorted to the 1st level. I didn't think too much about it until we got into the room and found it to be a different layout than the family suite. This particular suite, is just that, a suite that they re arrange to make into a family suite but it's not suitable as such.

There is no second bathroom (which we wanted) and no privacy as there is a glass partition between the two rooms which lets light shine through so if mum and dad want to stay up and watch a bit of tv, the kids probably wouldn't get any sleep due to the light filtering through plus the noise as there is no door you can close between the two rooms. The main bedroom was also very crowded as they had moved the furniture out of the adjoining room into our room to make way for the rollaway beds that they put in for the kids.

After discussion with the front desk, in which they initially kept insisting we were in a family suite, they agreed to put us in 2 deluxe pool view rooms with interconnecting door after I stood my ground and showed them their room layout/diagram plus my hard copy booking info which stated very clearly what type of room we had booked and its location etc.

It all worked out in the end and the deluxe rooms we moved to were fine.

I am only writing this information to highlight that their normal family suite is good if that is what you get, but if they try and put you into another suite that they modify to become a family suite, it really isn't suitable for the above reasons.

I asked why the family suite I booked wasn't available but I didn't really get a satisfactory answer, just that what family suites they do have were occupied.

Overall, it was a good stay. It's a nice hotel in a great location and the staff are lovely, especially the staff who work around the pool area.

I hope this info is helpful to anyone looking to book the Family Suite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank jenwayh
Dear jenwayh,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused that you faced because for some reasons that you were not get your family suite.
We do hope that you enjoyed the 2 deluxe rooms with connecting doors as replacement of family suite that you booked.

I have discussed this issue with the manager concerned to ensure that this is not repeated in future.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back again at Bali Rani Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The rooms were spacious, just wish room had a dvd player that is the only thing I could fault. Staff service was excellent, especially Gusti the pool man, he was friendly and always made sure you had fresh dry towels. We had a problem with our TV at 9pm at night, TV reception was fuzzy due to old cable called hotel reception and had two maintenance men at our room within 5 minutes and new cable installed with perfect TV reception - Can't beat this for fantastic service! We had the Deluxe pool view room which I highly reccommend, pay the extra and stay in this room category its well worth having a balcony with nice pool views. Also my husband's birthday was during our stay and the hotel staff called to wish happy birthday and delivered a yummy cake to our room.

Room Tip: Pool view room on 3rd floor...they have a lift
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear simcityjunkie,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Northants
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed for fourteen nights in April. We had ground floor connecting rooms around the pond area. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The whole hotel was very clean and the pool area was spotless. The staff were very friendly. We stayed on a room only basis and only had breakfast in the hotel on one day, although the breakfast was nice I did not feel that it was great value for money. The Swimming pool was lovely and very safe. We had no problems getting a sun bed on any of the days. The hotel was well placed for all the action. And now for the negatives - The hotel had a conference on with a fairly large number of delegates the conference was for 3 days. During this time we were woken up on two nights in the early hours the second time I rang security to complain it was 03:45am - the noise was stopped immediately. We have stayed at previous hotels that have held business conferences but the only thing we new about it at the bigger hotels was the welcome signage. In my opinion the Bali Rani is not big enough to have both tourists and business guests. Being in the ground floor rooms we were also woken daily on average at 06:30am by what sounded like many families who had got up for 05:00am prayers and then gone for breakfast. No need for an alarm clock !!!!!. I check in was also a bit chaotic as they only had one room ready and were not sure where the 2nd room would be initially we were very tired and this was not quite what we were expecting. We also had an unpleasant experience with the pool towel man, each and every day we handed in our towels. On one day we did not have the usual 3 towels as my husband and son went to the water park. A member of staff came to our room saying we had an outstanding towel. My husband explained that we did not and we thought that was the end of it. The next day the pool towel man came with his book and pen and started saying we had not returned a towel again we explained we had no towels to return. He became quite agressive and started shouting at us that we would have to explain to his boss as he was towels short. I found this to be a little over the top and went to speak to the duty manager. No more was heard about outstanding towels but I found this to be an unpleasant experience. This hotel represented good value, with as I said before clean and comfortable rooms and on the whole a friendly service I would put this hotel in the midrange bracket and had to weigh up with myself whether the differences between midrange and 5star are worth paying so much extra for.

Room Tip: Opt for a higher floor poolside room as I think these would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HolidayHepburns
Dear HolidayHepburns,

Thank you for your feedbacl on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for the noise from the group meetings and missed understanding on pool towels. I am glad to hear that the team take the action & resolve your problem.

We do hope that you will come back to Bali and stay with us again in the near future.

Should you need my assistance for your next visit, please feel free to let us know.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Bali rani for 7 days and overall found it very comfortable. The rooms are spacious and comfy. They have a nice pool very beautiful to swim at night or sit by the poolside and watch the stars :-).

The hotel is very centrally located in kuta with all of the nice restaurants and the beach close by so very convenient for first timers in Bali. The room service even past 11 is very prompt.

The hotel has currency exchange but you can get it at a better rate just next door. The staff isn't very helpful in terms of where to go and how to get there, and the concierge wasn't at the seat most of the time. Check out the local tour operators but check credentials of the places they are offering before booking (tripadvisor reviews are helpful here).

The hotel has free WiFi in the restaurant and you can use it only if you eat there.

The spa here is something that shouldn't be missed at all. It was the best massages I've ever had.

Overall the experience was good and I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank hobbes123
Dear hobbes123,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our spa services.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Bali Rani, which has now been refurbished and they have also installed a lift which is fantastic. We loved our stay and would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. Value for money is fantastic and the location is excellent. The staff really looked after us they could not do enough and we can not wait to travel to the Bali Rani again. See you all in November and a very big thank you for looking after us we cannot wait to return. Ivor and Carol from Mandurah

Room Tip: All the rooms overlooking the pool are fantastic
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Carol M,

For your next visit in November, shoud you need my assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you and looking forward to welcome you back in November.

Anton Adijaya.
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Bali Rani this March for 7 days. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's a convenient walk down to Kuta beach, with loads of eating places near by (p.s on weekdays hotels and restaurants in seminyak shut by 11:30, was very convenient staying here).

The rooms are comfortable. The pool is 5 ft deep, lovely to swim in at night. The pool area is serene late at night. Room service was prompt when we ordered after 11pm, and is available until abt 12 midnight.

I'd rate the spa at the hotel as one of the best I've been to. Definately recommended.

The breakfast buffet is alright. Hotel staff while polite and pleasant weren't helpful with things to do or see though - use local tour operators after verifying credentials. The conceirge was rarely around.

The exchange rate at the hotel was good, but there is a money changer with a slightly better rate right next door.

The facilities included in all promotions says free wifi - however this isn't the case. Wifi is only free in the restaurant, while u eat there.

Overall, for the comfort and convenient location, I'd stay in Bali Rani again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear KarinaMM83,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our location & spa services.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Bali Rani Hotel in the near future.