Lowest prices for your stay
US$19
Hotels.com
US$19
Agoda.com
US$14
PricelineUS$16
Booking.comUS$18
TravelocityUS$19
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2019

La walon was probably the best hotel in Bali when it was first built its glory days are long gone but I still found it a nice place to stay. I got an upper story deluxe room that was huge although no elevator it is in disrepair. (I knew this before booking.)
Aircon worked extremely well and room cleaned daily if needed.
Free breakfast was good but not great and saved me going to a cafe.
Pool area was good and staff helpful beer at the bar was the cheapest anywhere in Bali. Small Bintang 23K
If you are looking for an older style resort in Bali that is a little rough around the edges this place is good

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank joca1954
Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

The room itself is a good size
The bed is MASSIVE and bed and pillows are very comfortable
The bathroom in the old side is ordinary and needs a full Reno

The en-suite is a all in 1 set up no shower screen so everything gets wet when u have a shower (if you get water at all)
Every day the water run out having a shower
as in stopped coming out of the shower head
some times you had to wait 10 mins to get the water to come back
The hot water was hit and miss as well you had it one day nothing the next

The sheets and doona cover were stained and not changed in the 18 days we were there
Were there changed before we got there ??? I doubt it !!!

We had bath towels the first day
Then 1 the next 3 days not 2
Then none at all for the next 4 days
Then pool towels for a few days
Then back to 2 bath towels
All smelly and stained as well
There’s no safe in the room
No phone to reception
The fridge barely works but enough to get a cool drink
The staff around the pool and hotel were nice and friendly the office staff not as much
The pool area is and court yard is nice
But never any pool towels in the rack
Not 1 day in 18 we didn’t have to ask for pool towels.
They didn’t care about no towels no safe in the room as advertised
Or stained everything

The owner wants to this one as good as his new one the
Grand la walon
Open your wallet and start fixing it up
Buy the cleaners some bleach and teach them how to use it

The only reason you still get a 3 out of 5 is it’s only $41 a night
So it was cheap so can’t expect to much
All you need is a GOOD SHOWER and CLEANS SHEETS
Or it would be 5
Not to much really

It’s in a great location
The bars and restaurants around it are great
The la walon bar and restaurant is awesome staff friendly and helpful
The breakfast included is $3 I think and $4 if you don’t pay with your room
Nothing flash but is ok for $4

I stayed Nextdoor last time at the massa inn and thought I’d change it this time
For the $10 extra a night I should of stayed there again it’s about the same as
But it’s clean

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice, the room was spacious.Only the entryway is through a narrow crowded lane which is a little odd.You can have free breakfast for adults but not for kids which was again something unexpected. But the quality of breakfast is very good.The portion given is enough for a person. We had dinner one day, it was tasty but not as good quality as we had the breakfast. Swimming pool is very big and my kid enjoyed her time there.The hotel crew were friendly and helpful. The decor is also nice with many mythological characters around. I would recommend a stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Joydeep G
Reviewed 14 September 2018

So we arrived at the hotel at 2300 with our hotel airport transfer which was all good. We were then escorted to our room with someone carrying my bag for me. The room was old and outdated which isn't really a problem. The problem was our bed linen was stained and had someone else's black hair on the pillows. The bathroom was still dirty from the previous people staying there. I know this because I had to clean the soap off spray on the shower backing. The drains were absolutely disgusting, stunk and there was not plug. To make matters worse I went to adjust the shower head and it snapped off completely and fell to the floor exposing just a pipe spraying water everywhere. The night staff told me I would have to pay for it as they thought i purposefully damaged it and gave us the room next to us to use the shower only. The next morning I was not made to pay for the repairs next morning and it was quickly fixed which was nice. The room safe also didn't work and the hotel is situated right in front of a Drag Queen show which screams directly in the hotel grounds until 2300. It was not all bad as the day staff and cleaners were very nice and helpful. The aircon was cold, consistent and the airport transfers were good also. Defiantly a 2 star hotel - wouldn't stay again. Hotel needs some serious TLC.

Room tip: If you are going to stay here make sure you ask for a room on the lower levels as there is no elevator.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaronq156
Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is my favourite place in Bali I have been here for 3 times and its in my opinion one of the best and cheap people are really friendly treating costumers in a great standard service it is close to shops and all the surrounding pubs,clubs beach,restaurants and you can still book in the reception foa car to make trips and everything else

Date of stay: June 2018