“Mega Grand?”

Grand Mega Resort & Spa
Ranked #126 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Not my idea of mega grand, but the prices are'nt too mega either. On a busy road not far from the Galleria, purple was obviously a cheap colour when they decorated, it's eveywhere! Service done well and with a smile. The restaurant food ok, but reasonably priced. Rooms ok if you go for a family suite, otherwise very small. Gets popular so book ahead.

Room Tip: A family suite
2  Thank Drew M

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The hotel is clean and offer good food. It also has a swiming pool, Gym etc. The service is good and all the staff members are very friendly and helpful. There are computers at the lobbly with I'net connectivity - so even if guests do not carry his computer can use this. However, the location is liitle far from main shopping place of Kuta. Although there is a shopping mall jusr accross the road.

Room Tip: Look for room at higher floors.
1  Thank Royadip
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I love purple all around the hotel..I booked 4 rooms for me and my extended family. I like full facilities and amenities at their room, small bed but comfy, friendly staffs, my children like the bath tub and the TV plasma BUT be careful with their 'glassy' doors at the toilet..It can harmful your active children. It can be safe if they put the accesories things on it. Location was really near the airport but the traffic jam is so awful..And we were sooo disapointed with their SPA..their massages wasnt good, NOT RECOMMENDED !!!

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MojangBandung
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My daughter and I booked the Grand Mega for 5 nights mistakenly told it was a 4 star and only one year old...our error...but its apparently a 3 star so I will rate it according to that.
The staff we found were actually wonderful, very friendly and should be commended for their service.
However, the actual building is tired.
When we arrived it was incredibly hot but although there is a/c in the lobby it was not on.
Our room was not ready when we arrived as we were a little early so we sat in the lobbly and went on the wifi which is great to have in Bali.
Walking around the pool area I saw someone had left washing of cutlery so half with sitting in a plastic basin and looked pretty unclean I thougtht. Surely these should be done in a dishwasher and not cold water?
Once we were taken to our room the first thing that hit me was a strange odour coming from the a/c. It was not a healthy smell thats for sure.
The artificial floor was chipped and missing in some parts of the floor.
The beds were 2 singles and are on wooden bases. When you sat on them they creaked badly and the mattresses were hard. Most distubing though was the yellow stains on the pillows. Didnt even look to see what the sheets were like.
The bathroom appeared quite clean.
The room appears big in the pictures due to the amount of mirrors but in actual fact it was a very small room.
The mini bar had nothing in there at all.
Again we used the wifi in the room which was good to rebook another hotel.
This hotel is not new as they claim, its far from Kuta so you have to taxi everywhere...wouldnt recommend it at all.

5  Thank taylor w
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only while doing ocular inspection. I love the location, near the airport and near the outlets of Billabong, Hurley and others. The Duty Free Mall is very near as well. Clean rooms, nice shower with bath tubs, with free bottled water. Strong wifi signal in rooms. Buffet breakfast is love as well. Wide range of breakfast selections.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WanderstruckTravel
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Looks modern but thats where we got sucked in.bathroom smells like sewer.airconditioner is very musty.fridge did not work.they moved us to a room upstairs.no bathroom smell but looks dirty so wore thongs in shower.bath towels in room were damp when we got here.had to leave 300,000 deposit at reception but do not know what for .not many of the staff speak english.8 oclock on saturday night only 2 people in restaurant so didnt eat there.(e were told to only eat where there are many people as that is supposed to show that food is ok to eat.)no other eateries nearby so had to cross busy freeway,with help of security police,to go to food hall in supermarket.gym looks ok but only opens at 9am.pool looks nice with swim up bar.pool opens at 8am.no other outside area except pool,no gardens or paths.building is 8 months old but looks shoddy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Good communication and fulfilled all my request! My girlfriend really like this hotel and the room as well. Thanks to the staff for doing some nice decoration for our room! It's near the airport and from here you can go to the most major attraction in Bali. The only problem is the traffic jam but this due to the road construction. The traffic jam is even worst when the rush hour time. A large shopping centre is located just opposite the hotel as well so there is no problem for us to find food! I was surprised when the hotel ask us for a deposit (there is no drinks at all inside the mini bar) but maybe it's their hotel policy. I was a bit disappointed when they didn't refill our hair and body shampoo in our last day before we check out tomorrow. They also didn't wash the bathroom properly as well and we can still smell bad odors from it. Still I'm highly recommended of this hotel! Highly recommended for a couple!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple