“Interesting Interior Concept”

Grand Mega Resort & Spa
Ranked #122 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Grand Mega Resort has a beautiful and interesting interior concept. Room size was ok, and we really love the large bathroom & walk in closet. There's a cozy bathtub and television. Staff was really nice and helpful. Breakfast was great, there’s a lot of menus and they were delicious. Unfortunately, the kids pool was not well maintained, it’s a little bit dirty. So, my 2 years old son swim has to swim with us in the adults pool. Overall, my family and I spent a great time in this hotel, we’re definitely stay in this hotel again once we go to Bali.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Grand Mega hotel is great value for money my finance and I stayed for 10 nights where we paid a very cheap fee for what we received. The place is new, amazing modern pool, gym, gorgeous new rooms and facilities. We were very impressed! What stood out to us however was the amazing customer service we received, always friendly and polite the staff went out of there way to treat everyone with the up most respect! Guests were always made to feel welcome and as a guest I knew that customer service is something this hotel takes seriously very important!

We had a few minor issues that were fixed straight away we loved this service! I was even put in the bunglow there top end room for 2 nights to cover our inconvenience. This hotel knows how to make there customers happy management was amazing especially Monica who fixed our issue straight away! We will be coming back! Breakfast was amazing! Better then some 5 stars

p.s only suggestion I can make is the road is busy maybe invest in a bridge to go over the road to help us get there a bit easier

Room Tip: bunglo room! amazing
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellythemodel
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We found it to be very nice and welcoming. We booked for 2 rooms preferably connecting but couldn't be accommodated but they made sure the rooms were close enough as the other were kids. Both rooms smelt (wet smell) and it was quite bad that we could not sleep so try lives us to another rooms which was much better. The rooms had no windows so I don't think it could breath at all but they were still very accommodating. The staff are very good, attentive and friendly. Unfortunately it's location is very busy and there is no traffic light so you can cross the road safely to go to the shops but the security guards ate very attentive an always made sure to stop the traffic to we can cross.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Location is awful, major road really busy and a nightmare to cross even with help of hotel staff. Had a twin room, initially smelt of bleach or cleaning chemicals then when that wore off it smelt musty. No windows to open and view was a wall! Room on the small side, too much glass and mirrors, not relaxing at all. Pool area noisy would say this is more of a under 25 age group hotel. Wouldn't go again, only stayed 3 nights but booked and paid for a week. Staff were friendly and food we had was fine, big choice for breakfast. Would rate as 2.5 star

Room Tip: Deluxe twin is small
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank suburrows
Reviewed 25 April 2014

- You can scream internally "WOW" when you arrived at the lobby, when you see the stunning designs and you can see the big pool at the lobby.

- The staff offered to upgrade our room to pool view without any extra charge when we checked in (we didn't ask for it). It was a plus point.

- When we walked into our room and pulled the curtains. The WOW died inside. The windows are dirty with stains. Although facing to the pool, it's not a welcoming and pleasant sight. (minus a lot of points)

- There are a lot of glasses (mirrors) inside the hotel room and you can see some parts are rusty. (points deducted)

- The smallest pillows (in purple) have 3D fabrics and it's not smooth to hug or sleep on. (details! minus point)

- The bathroom is just amazing because it is so big. Just the same length and same width? of the bedroom. So much space! (plus point)

- However when you showered, the water keeps leaking out of the shower room, tiles not high enough. And the tiles are quite slippery if wet. Have to be very very careful. (minus point)

- There's a TV for the bathtub, but we couldn't find the remote controller and was too bother to ask for it. (minus point)

- The lobby staff is not helpful and friendly. I forgot the details though.

- Made sure you called your taxi inside your room before getting to the lobby, because the hotel will offer you transport to places and is so much more expensive than metered taxi. The transport guy will keep annoying you until you say yes.

- The pool is closed at 10 or 11pm for cleaning and we think it's too early. For we really love a night swim after a day trip outside and after dinner. So we didn't get to swim at all.

- The breakfast is ok ok too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crystalyn1107
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

my partner and I stayed here for 9 nights. The staff are super friendly and welcoming which I guess makes up for the little things that could be better.. occasionally our room wouldn't be made up until late in the afternoon when we left early that morning and was gone all day so that they could... Food is ok, although they need to switch it up a little, we got a free breaky every morning and only used 4 of our free vouchers because we would have liked something different, their dinner menu is ok a little pricey for bali, but if you stay for a long period of time it gets boring.. but it is nice. Another thing it's a bit away from central kuta, we were forever catching a taxi to and from, which there was always other drivers waiting out the front and they would hassle you which got annoying, but wasn't to bad finding a proper bluebird to take you somewhere. It was convenient having a hypermart across the road and a mininart right next door and an atm on the other side. The rooms are clean and tidy but there isn't a window to open for fresh air and only had the aircon going which smelt a little stagnant. There is glass EVERYWHERE and the tiles can get a little slippery. We had a late check out, due to our departure being at stupid o'clock, the late check out fee is $10aus an hour extra, and it was at about 1pm and we had a cleaner twice come and open our door with her own key card to come and clean, luckily my partner and I weren't naked or you know.... So I was a little disappointed in the communication between them. All up I wouldnt stay here again I'm glad we got a deal for only $60 a night, if I had of paid full price and arrived I would of asked for my money back and went somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jacinta_13
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Gave this one a try, hotel is not old, but looking old. Had a problem with my room, staff were very helpful and move me.
Hotel was busy which meant you could not get a seat for breakfast. This upset a number of people, but a short wait and this was resolved.
Staff were all wonderful
Rooms, well something needs to be done as the floors are lifting and there are trip hazzards.
One other thing, the bathroom sink, no were to put anything down, took a bit of getting use too, very strange design.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple